GUILTY OH - William Brown, 44, & Sherri Mendenhall, 63, slain, Yellow Springs, 15 Jan 2017

9047e2901ae1785dccd071fbe1962661.jpg

Here is a family photo with Dave standing next to his brothers killers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify that comment: The victim William Skip Browns brother appears to own the home where the arrests took place last night.

Dave Browns wife is the mother of the two men arrested.

This should be interesting when LE releases more info. I have family in Xenia, surprisingly they didn't call me. Will touch base with them hopefully tomorrow.
Heartfelt prayers to family and friends, and neighbors of those involved.

Dave Browns wife is the mother of the two men arrested.

Oh wow. What a tough spot to be in, thank you for clarifying that. After you posted the picture I went and looked at the published court photos on the news site of WHIO from yesterday and I noticed she and David were sitting directly behind the perpetrator.

Before realizing the family relation, I thought this may have been the result of a robbery. It still could be, but with family it could go deeper. I remember the press conference said committed by "someone very angry" with the victim.

Hopefully since they have made arrests more information on motive will be released soon. I feel so bad for the family members caught in the middle of this.

Oh wow. What a tough spot to be in, thank you for clarifying that. After you posted the picture I went and looked at the published court photos on the news site of WHIO from yesterday and I noticed she and David were sitting directly behind the perpetrator.

Before realizing the family relation, I thought this may have been the result of a robbery. It still could be, but with family it could go deeper. I remember the press conference said committed by "someone very angry" with the victim.

Hopefully since they have made arrests more information on motive will be released soon. I feel so bad for the family members caught in the middle of this.

My gosh...I cannot imagine being a mother and being in that situation.

I'd like to add a few comments because I was in a long term relationship with Skip. The guy, who murdered both of them was a known drug dealer and it's my belief why no one may be saying much, at this time..

I'd like to add a few comments because I was in a long term relationship with Skip. The guy, who murdered both of them was a known drug dealer and it's my belief why no one may be saying much, at this time..

Any more when we hear these types of stories my mind wonders about drugs. To clarify are you speaking about the Merrick brother being a dealer? (Mod if that question is off base please delete)

Had Skips brother been in a relationship with Merricks mom for a long time? Could you tell us about Skip, if your comfortable doing so, and were he and Mendenhall business partners on the roofing business or art gallery? I'm a bit confused on where she fits. The articles say they had been long term friends and business partners but I didn't feel like the ages really lined up with him being 44 and her 63.

The only thing I could find on the Greene County Court site for Skip were 2 records. Neither appeared to be drug related but I got the feeling he could get angry as I noted his order for anger management. I didn't really find anything on the Merrick brothers.

I'm very sorry about your loss, Peace 1. This must be a horribly emotional time for you. My thoughts are with all of you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes- I should have offered condolences as well before I jumped in with questions. My apologies. I can't imagine how hard something like this would be for anyone close to the victims or family.

Any more when we hear these types of stories my mind wonders about drugs. To clarify are you speaking about the Merrick brother being a dealer? (Mod if that question is off base please delete)

Had Skips brother been in a relationship with Merricks mom for a long time? Could you tell us about Skip, if your comfortable doing so, and were he and Mendenhall business partners on the roofing business or art gallery? I'm a bit confused on where she fits. The articles say they had been long term friends and business partners but I didn't feel like the ages really lined up with him being 44 and her 63.

The only thing I could find on the Greene County Court site for Skip were 2 records. Neither appeared to be drug related but I got the feeling he could get angry as I noted his order for anger management. I didn't really find anything on the Merrick brothers.

I can't answer any of the above questions, but from looking around-Mendenhall did not look 63. A very beautiful lady. I could totally see her having many younger friends and enjoying her life.
It's so sad how many lives have been ruined by this. Just looking around the Internet shows you so many photos of love and promise surrounding the 2 suspects. I'll be interested to see the truth that we don't see in the photos.

"Skip" was an avid photographer and uploaded much onto his Flickr account.

here is a link to Dustin the alleged shooter who actually did odd jobs for Skip.I believe there are some of his brother on that site too....so the brothers knew skip quite well.click link below.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87761329@N00/25724379251/in/dateposted/

please forward on to law enforcement .

Sadly there are also pictures of the female victim in happier times.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to Skip's family.

Probable cause found for Merrick brothers
By Whitney Vickers and Anna Bolton - wvickers@civitasmedia.com; adewine@civitasmedia.com

XENIA — The Xenia Municipal Court ruled Feb. 2 that enough probable cause exists to believe Dustin Merrick, 25, of Xenia, allegedly committed two counts of aggravated murder and that Bret Merrick, 24, of Centerville, allegedly committed one count of felonious assault, two counts of complicity to aggravated burglary, and two counts of complicity to aggravated murder. The cases will now be transferred to the Greene County Common Pleas Court for presentment to a grand jury.

http://xeniagazette.com/news/15572/probable-cause-found-for-merrick-brothers#

Judge to decide on Merrick evidence
Arguments were made during a hearing in Judge Michael Buckwalter’s courtroom July 13 regarding whether or not evidence should be suppressed in a case connected to the Yellow Springs double homicide.

Dustin Merrick, 26, pleaded not guilty April 7 to nine charges — two counts of aggravated murder, two counts of murder, two counts of aggravated burglary, felonious assault, tampering with evidence, and obstructing justice — stemming from the Jan. 15 homicides of William “Skip” Brown and Sherri Mendenhall, both whom were shot to death in the village.

(...)

According to court records, a final pre-trial hearing is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 29 and a jury trial is scheduled to begin Monday, Nov. 6.

I'm very sorry about your loss, Peace 1. This must be a horribly emotional time for you. My thoughts are with all of you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Ive not replied for a few reasons and I wonder if you are on here anymore? Its hard and I do not understand what or why. I do know Skip had a hardened heart. I cried today because of an e-mail i ran across. Ive no words for myself.

Two young men and i use men loosely, sit in jail for over a year. Where is the justice in sitting in jail..? I am Skips ex fiance( for many reasons outside of what happened to him and Sherry.) This is a life altering event that changed many peoples lives. Life does go on,but we cry a little inside daily. Ask me what ever you would like.

"Skip" was an avid photographer and uploaded much onto his Flickr account.

here is a link to Dustin the alleged shooter who actually did odd jobs for Skip.I believe there are some of his brother on that site too....so the brothers knew skip quite well.click link below.

Dustin in the pond

please forward on to law enforcement .

Sadly there are also pictures of the female victim in happier times.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to Skip's family.
Wow.. I looked at the Flikr link and sat in awe of his life. He invested in his family in what i call "sweat equity." He also invested almost every dime he had. There is so much to share,but Im exhausted. Today was a bad day as I ran into an e-mail from Skip. This tread ended and I'm sorry for not responding sooner,but I wasn't ready to talk to strangers. I realize it's good to talk it out. You now know just how brutal this was..

I can't answer any of the above questions, but from looking around-Mendenhall did not look 63. A very beautiful lady. I could totally see her having many younger friends and enjoying her life.
It's so sad how many lives have been ruined by this. Just looking around the Internet shows you so many photos of love and promise surrounding the 2 suspects. I'll be interested to see the truth that we don't see in the photos.
Hello

You will have to pardon me when I respond to you about Sherry. I'm not a mean nor am i a jealous human being,but I don't see her beauty as you do. I see a person. I see a lady who fell for Skip, at some point in time and they then became friends and I use that term loosely. There is so much more to this. It begins with Skips childhood. I'm not going to comment much on her because i never met her and that was because Skip hid her from me. This is not easy to type. I'll not go any further until you respond back. Are you on here anymore..?

Hello

Ive not been able to grieve the way i need to and one of the many reasons I've not come back here. It is unbelievable what has happened and I am speechless. Both the Merrick brothers are still sitting in jail. If you would like to know more, please comment and I will answer what ever you would like.

Skip did have an off again, on again relationship with Sherry,but i believe it was not a healthy one and it was based from his lack of normal love stemming out of his childhood. It's very saddening all the way around. It has many twists and turns. If you want me to elaborate, please respond and I will do the best i can. This will not end and wont any time soon.

9047e2901ae1785dccd071fbe1962661.jpg

Here is a family photo with Dave standing next to his brothers killers.

Skip was not from a close nit family. Ok, he separated himself from his father when a young boy and it was a strained relatiohship because of the mothers presence in Skips life. I cannot even begin to tell you how horrific his life became. I must tell you this though. Skip was a Roofing Business owner and that should tell you a great deal. The roofing business can be very difficult. There were many times he would not get out of bed. He suffered from depression because he was a lost soul. He also had business dealings he did not want many to know about. Do you know what I mean..?
If you want to know more,let me know..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288