GUILTY OH - Zuri Whitehead, 2 mos, beaten to death, 11yo girl charged, 6 Feb 2015

I agree. Unless there is information about that we aren't getting, it seems like a really last minute and bazaar time of night to grant such a request. I hesitate to even say this...but it seems planned out by her. Since she is a juvenile we might not get more information, but I hope something comes out to suggest it was not premeditated.

I don't believe the story these mothers are telling.

That's what I think too. Seeing her in shackles with no expression at all, to me, she looks like she is disassociative. which makes sense to some degree if she has experienced abuse. At the end of the day this girls parents failed her.

I read in one article that she only weighed 50 pounds. For an 11 year old that's definitely underweight. I'll see if I can find it. :lookingitup:

There's a lot more going on here, I agree.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girl, 11, Charged With Murder After Allegedly Beating 2-Month-Old Baby to Death in Ohio | KTLA

(snip)

At the hearing, the little girl, all of 4-feet tall and about 50 lbs, ,appeared in leg shackles and sat beside her mother, as family members sobbed, CNN affiliate WOIO reported.

The scene made even seasoned prosecutors well up, the affiliate reported.

A judge asked if she understood the charges against her. She answered yes.

http://ktla.com/2015/02/09/girl-11-...ly-beating-2-month-old-baby-to-death-in-ohio/

Could the 11-year old be taking the blame for someone else?

Could the 11-year old be taking the blame for someone else?

Interesting thought. Can a 50 lb. 11 year old even be physically capable of inflicting the injuries that caused Zuri's death?

:thinking:

Girl, 11, Charged With Murder After Allegedly Beating 2-Month-Old Baby to Death in Ohio | KTLA

(snip)

At the hearing, the little girl, all of 4-feet tall and about 50 lbs, ,appeared in leg shackles and sat beside her mother, as family members sobbed, CNN affiliate WOIO reported.

The scene made even seasoned prosecutors well up, the affiliate reported.

A judge asked if she understood the charges against her. She answered yes.

http://ktla.com/2015/02/09/girl-11-...ly-beating-2-month-old-baby-to-death-in-ohio/

Wow, those measurements are much more inline with a 6 year old than an 11 year old. According to this, "At 10 years old, the average girl is 54 inches tall and weighs 72 pounds. By age 12, the average height has raised to 59 inches and the average weight is at 92 pounds."

A Tiny girl in pink slippers and shackled at the ankles - just a sad sad sight. The slippers looked way way to big for her BTW. Not sure how that's important right now.

Just now looked at the video. I think the slippers are too big for her because they are standard-issue jail slippers, and jailhouse denizens are not usually 11 years old.

I wonder about the necessity for ankle shackles though. That seems extreme to me, even for this horrific case. I would think her chances of making a jailbreak are slim. So is this a standard protocol for a murder suspect no matter the age, or is there more to it?

That's what I think too. Seeing her in shackles with no expression at all, to me, she looks like she is disassociative. which makes sense to some degree if she has experienced abuse. At the end of the day this girls parents failed her.

Where did you see her face with no expression? All the stories I've read have obscured her face. Do you have a link? Not doubting you, just would like to see that for myself. Thanks.

I haven't had a chance to read all the news reports on this case, but regarding everyone asleep on the couch: maybe Zuri was asleep in her carrier on the couch? Has there been any info released about this? I think not but that would change everything IMO if that were the case rather than the first image that comes to mind of mom, 11-year-old, and Zuri all asleep on the couch.

I don't believe the story these mothers are telling.

This is eerily familiar to a case in Maine. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/30/girl-10-charged-with-manslaughter-in-maine-infant-death/

A 10-year-old girl was charged Thursday with manslaughter in the death of a 3-month-year-old infant whose mother said had ingested medication and been suffocated.

The girl, who is not being identified, is the youngest person to be charged with manslaughter in Maine in at least 25 years. The infant, Brooklyn Foss-Greenaway, of Clinton in central Maine, had been left overnight with an adult baby sitter in nearby Fairfield.

The sitter called police early July 8 to report that the infant was not breathing, authorities said. Emergency workers who arrived minutes later reported that child was unresponsive.

I think they are GUESSING at her height and weight.
She doesn't look extremely thin to me.
My 11 year old is 90 pounds and probably 4"9.
This girl looks proportionally healthy.
If she is short at 4 feet tall she is probably closer to 70 pounds. :twocents:

I haven't had a chance to read all the news reports on this case, but regarding everyone asleep on the couch: maybe Zuri was asleep in her carrier on the couch? Has there been any info released about this? I think not but that would change everything IMO if that were the case rather than the first image that comes to mind of mom, 11-year-old, and Zuri all asleep on the couch.

I didn't get the impression everyone was asleep on the couch -- just the mom. The 11-year-old took the baby upstairs - for how long, I don't know -- and then brought her down to the mother, and woke her up. But if they were all asleep on a couch, maybe it was one of those big sectionals.

I read in one article that she only weighed 50 pounds. For an 11 year old that's definitely underweight. I'll see if I can find it. :lookingitup:

I don't think I weighed 50 pounds until I was 12 or so. It took me until 28 and after having a baby to even weigh 100. Some people are just small. Weight in itslf does not necessarily signify abuse or neglect. I'm not saying she wasn't abused or neglected, but coming from a really small family...I just never judge weight alone.

Interesting thought. Can a 50 lb. 11 year old even be physically capable of inflicting the injuries that caused Zuri's death?

I think so. I'm not sure it would be that hard to cause trauma to a baby, especially internal. And when you factor in rage...

I'm not sure the mothers are telling the truth and I think there is more to the story. BUT, I do think a child could do it.

Oh, and why did they put that sweet, beautiful baby girl's pic out there? It just makes us all want to cry...

The moms were best friends. Oh, what a tragedy.

I would like to know more about the 11-y/o, but I'm sure we will only get a little here & there. She is a minor, so it essentially ends there.

There is more to this story -- I'm just skeptical -- will we ever get the whole story?

Please forgive if this has already been posted:

[h=3]Dead infant's mom says 11-year-old suspect wanted sleepover
[/h]
http://www.wtoc.com/story/28067260/dead-infants-mom-says-11-year-old-suspect-wanted-sleepover

bbm -- Yes.

There is something missing here. There's another piece to this sad puzzle.

Yes, I think it's possible. Using an object, or throwing, or kicking... I can't write anything more, it's too awful to contemplate, but it's possible, IMO, especially if there is anger or some other strong emotion involved.

As for the size of the girl -- I was a very petite baby (barely over 5 lbs at birth), petite young girl, and young woman. Those measurements are very slight but possible. Maybe she was premature at birth. (I wasn't; I was just little -- still am. Five feet tall, 92 lbs when I graduated h.s. and college. Still short, but I'm not 92 lbs. anymore...darnit). So, I can see it.

Yes, I think it's possible. Using an object, or throwing, or kicking... I can't write anything more, it's too awful to contemplate, but it's possible, IMO, especially if there is anger or some other strong emotion involved.

As for the size of the girl -- I was a very petite baby (barely over 5 lbs at birth), petite young girl, and young woman. Those measurements are very slight but possible. Maybe she was premature at birth. (I wasn't; I was just little -- still am. Five feet tall, 92 lbs when I graduated h.s. and college. Still short, but I'm not 92 lbs. anymore...darnit). So, I can see it.

I'm with you 110%! I can't bring myself to go there either. The other WSers who answers my question as to whether or not the accused is physically capable of what she's charged with already made me :cry:

I still am left wondering if we have all the pieces to the puzzle. However, I'm certain the investigation is ongoing. :sigh:

I hadn't considered the possibility of prematurity or other contributing factors that could attribute to her current height/weight. You're spot-on with your personal input :tyou:

Such a young, beautiful little baby, who will never have the chance to live out her life. It is so senseless.

:rose:

I met my two-month-old nephew for the first time on Saturday, which really put things in better perspective for me as I am not a parent and am rarely around infants.

I can remember being a little girl--younger than 11--getting angry at the family next door and mentally devising all kinds of torturous punishments for them, especially the dad. All just in my imagination of course. And just out of anger for reasons I can't even remember now as I actually liked the family.

I can also remember being 11 and I simply cannot imagine being at that age and in a frame of mind to do such grievous harm to such a helpless little being. Well, any age really, but especially not at 11.

The only thing I can conclude is that something had to have gone horribly, horribly wrong in the girl's life.

It seems odd that a mom of a newborn would get a call from a friend at 9:30 pm, asking to come over and take the infant for a sleepover, and she would say OK. When your baby is only 2 months old, they are kind of attached on a golden string to you. It took a lot for me to allow someone to even walk in the other room with my newborn, let alone take her away for the night. Seems kind of odd, imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back