Ohio; Convicted dog killer can dress as dog to reduce jail time

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
This article states he can reduce his sentence by dressing as a saftey dog and going to speak at childrens schools......

links

30 days in jail for shooting your dog?!?!? Well, it does say at least 30 days. I for one would not want anyone that shoots and kills their dog anywhere near my kids!!

KrisNine said:
30 days in jail for shooting your dog?!?!? Well, it does say at least 30 days. I for one would not want anyone that shoots and kills their dog anywhere near my kids!![/QUOTE]

Ditto that!

We have a judge here that gives out wacky sentences. Sometimes they are fitting. This one is not.

KrisNine said:
30 days in jail for shooting your dog?!?!? Well, it does say at least 30 days. I for one would not want anyone that shoots and kills their dog anywhere near my kids!!
Hi KrisNine,:)
It is pathetic that he would only get 30 days.

He only has to do 10 days if he goes to the schools.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Besides that, he was convicted of shooting his dog and he's supposed to talk to kids about "animal safety"?:behindbar

How about someone putting a collar on him, and take him around to schools and warn the kids about people like him.:doh:

Loser. The judge is too.

Here is an article from here in Vermont dated 12/04/06;
link

Courts ponder value of man's best friend

Monday, December 4
NORTHFIELD, Vt. — Unable to have children, Denis and Sarah Scheele got two dogs instead. When one was fatally shot by a man after wandering onto his property, they sued — and not just for damages. The couple also wanted compensation for their emotional distress and loss of companionship.
Their case is one of a growing number around the country that asks courts to recognize what dog owners already do: A dog is not just a thing. It is man's best friend, and worth more than its retail price as a result, they say.

More at link. I will post this in the pet forum also.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Thanks for posting that dark shadows. I saw these people on a show a few days ago. Very sad. My dog is my baby. I love her so much. I just had to rush her to the vet last week because she got into the garbage and ate *gasp* CHICKEN BONES! Add to that a follow up visit, she set us back over $700 just for that little episode. I couldn't put a price on what she means to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back