PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Ohio Mysteries

Discussion in 'PODCAST ROW' started by Ohio Mysteries, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Ohio Mysteries

Ohio Mysteries New Member

I'm co-hosting a new podcast where we explore mysteries, disappearances and unsolved murders/crimes in Ohio. (It's a little hobby I've picked up since retiring as a reporter with the Akron Beacon Journal.) It's called Ohio Mysteries, and in addition to the podcast we have a website where we upload whatever we can find on each topic, including photos, newspaper clippings, maps, links, etc.

We are only three episodes in and while we have a nice list of topics to pursue, I'd love to hear what Ohio mysteries have intrigued you. I'm sure there are some out there I've yet to hear about, especially away from Northeast Ohio, which I'm most familiar with.

The two cold cases we've done so far are the 1962 murder of 12-year-old Marion Brubaker, and the 1987 murders of four Akron-area women that appear unconnected and yet never solved.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Paula
    feedback@ohiomysteries.com

2. awillis0513

awillis0513 Active Member

I just did a write up on Reddit recently reopened case from here in Butler County: Who killed Nancy Ann Theobald? Who killed Nancy Ann Theobald? • r/UnresolvedMysteries

Also, my hometown, Hamilton, has also been home to Glenn Rogers and James Rupert. Hamilton has actually had plenty of interesting cases come through here.

3. Ohio Mysteries

The Theobald case would be perfect for our podcast. Thanks for letting us know!

awillis0513 likes this.
  4. awillis0513

awillis0513 Active Member

I do a lot of reading on Ohio crimes. My friend, Richard O. does a podcast called "True Crime Historian" and is our area historian. He also is a great resource. He has written a few books on crimes from the state.

5. Ohio Mysteries

Sounds like someone I should connect with. Do you have contact information?