OJ tossed from steakhouse restaurant in kentucky

LOL! The owner used to have a picture of him with OJ on his 'wall of fame'. He took it down after the first trial started. This isn't about race, it's about decency.

LOL! The owner used to have a picture of him with OJ on his 'wall of fame'. He took it down after the first trial started. This isn't about race, it's about decency.

So true, gman!I am about as white as you can get and blonde too, and I would be so disgusted if anyone who looks like me went around sueing for discrimination every time they act a fool and get in trouble! Sure, there are people who stereotype blondes, but that doesn't give me a free pass to thumb my nose at the law.OJ used his race as an excuse to get away with bludgeoning his children's mommy to death. It is an insult to those who have legitimately been the victim of racial discrimination. Surely there must be black people around the world who wish OJ would just shut up. If OJ was white and blonde he would still be a . I am amazed that a person with so much potential for violent raging has not yet killed anyone else. He must be extremely well medicated.Susan

I think Galanter needs to be educated in the differences between race and decency.

Anyone care to join me in explaining the difference to him?

yale@galanterlaw.com

Mr Galanter, you said that OJ Simpleton was tossed out of a restaurant because of his race. However, you are even more ignorant than your client to say something that foolish. This had nothing to do with race, but with decenecy.

I don't expect a "lawyer" to understand the difference though. Perhaps you need to be better educated in what is right.

You DewPea are the exception to that! :) I thought you'd know that though.

I know you totally know the difference between the 2. But then you're a decent person. This Yale guy isn't.

I'm from Northern Kentucky (about 5 miles south of Cincinnati) which is the home of two of Jeff Ruby's restaurants-The Tropicana and Waterfront-they aren't all in Ohio!!

Anyway-GO JEFF RUBY!!! Mr. Ruby has more money than OJ so I'm sure he's not scared of OJ and his lawyer. He has my support!!!!

there is another thread in the Jury Room but I'll post again on this one, too...

:dance: :clap: :woohoo: :blowkiss: ... this is for the owner

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :razz: :razz: :razz: :mad: :mad: :behindbar :behindbar this is for OJ and his lawyers... RACE CARD? HA :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

You DewPea are the exception to that! :) I thought you'd know that though.

I know you totally know the difference between the 2. But then you're a decent person. This Yale guy isn't.

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Love ya!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

And they say Kentucky is backward!! ;)

Hurray for Mr Ruby! Proud to have him and restaurant here in Louisville. Just may have to go have a big ol dinner there just to say THANKS!

And of course it's going to be made into a race issue...especially on the heels of the Imus issue. I pray to God that OJ and his loser lawyer get nowhere and that Mr Ruby keeps on doing what he's doing!!!

Simpsons' lawyers may have a hard time if they try to play the race card. Rumor has it that Michael Jordan and a few friends/family had dinner at the same restaurant just a few weeks ago,and the owner of the restaurant was more than honored to have Mr. Jordan dine at his establishment.

It's just a rumor .... but we'll see.

if there was a single black diner in there, the race card is trumped.
If they have surveillance cams of black diners eating there, the race card is trumped.

my .02

congrats for someone standing up to the murderer.

letterman made a great joke about girls who date oj, he said ...

'ladies.....um...Google him ok'

good one

~lightwaveryder~

I knew it wouldn't be long before the race card would be pulled out in this story.
I was in the 11th grade when the OJ trial started...one of my teachers was OBSESSED with this case, and the verdict came in while I was attending his class so he turned the radio on for all of us to hear the verdict...
When "not guilty" was read the black half of the class was cheering...
When the announcement was over we all talked about it...when the blacks were asked why they thought he was not guilty the only answer they could give was "he was only accused of the murder because the lady was white and he was black."
I am glad this restaurant owner did what he did...it has NOTHING to do with race, only to do with a person getting away with murder (imo) regardless of his race.

OJ made this a race issue.

He married a white woman.
He had 2 beautiful biracial children.
He shamelessly slaughtered his white wife and the white man returning glasses that were left in a restaurant.

Now WHO'S prejudiced?

He shamelessly slaughtered his white wife and the white man returning glasses that were left in a restaurant.

Now WHO'S prejudiced?

:dance:

Now WHO'S prejudiced?

But he sure did call upon his brothas to come to his aid when he needed them, didn't he? How many black friends does he even have?????? I probably have more.

Funny story here....

When the OJ verdicts came down, we all went to a local sports bar and restaurant for lunch. Now I am NOT KIDDING when I say it was 100% white except for three black guys (probably late 20's or early 30's). Well, the verdict was read and there was stunning silence and gasps in the room....except for the sound of three men sneaking out towards the exit as quietly and discreetly as they could. I just had to laugh at these poor guys who apparently thought that it was a bad time to be in an all white audience. Although had they stayed, no one would have said or done anything to them--we resented the murderer and the racist jury that let him off, not them. We didn't decide to go find the closest black person and string them up. Sadly the same can't be said of the aftermath of the King verdicts.

I still get a chuckle at those three black guys who literally looked like they were scared for their lives but literally couldn't have been safer at the time.

As for OJ, he is a tool and a murderer. He has nothing but race to thank for his freedom so I am not surprised he is playing it....yet I think that's just his lawyer talking. I don't think OJ wants to ever see the inside of the courtroom again. I think that if I ever see OJ in a public restaurant, I will grab a good steak knife and a sharpie and ask him to sign it....then tell him what a I think he is.

Cal

I still get a chuckle at those three black guys who literally looked like they were scared for their lives but literally couldn't have been safer at the time.

I don't think it a funny story. how truly awful those three men were scared enough to leave the bar because they thought they may face retribution of some kind. what made them feel this may be a possibility? there's something rotten in the state of Denmark. :(

Simpsons' lawyers may have a hard time if they try to play the race card. Rumor has it that Michael Jordan and a few friends/family had dinner at the same restaurant just a few weeks ago,and the owner of the restaurant was more than honored to have Mr. Jordan dine at his establishment.

Ruby was on a couple TH shows last night and mentioned that Jordan and a party of 30 ate there later that same night.

He also showed a picture of himself with OJ in the past, before the murders.

The thing that made him maddest was that, after having been found not guilty in the criminal trial (though liable in the wrongful death suit), the fact that OJ later wrote a book about "If I did it ..." ... IOW, the fact that OJ would actually try to profit on Nicole's murder is what made him decide not to serve the sob.

good for Ruby.

Capps, my hubby and I was discussing this last night. He too said he heard that Jordan came to the restaurant. Although hubby said it was almost right after OJ left.... Either way, I do not for a second believe this was racially motivated.

Funny story here....

When the OJ verdicts came down, we all went to a local sports bar and restaurant for lunch. Now I am NOT KIDDING when I say it was 100% white except for three black guys (probably late 20's or early 30's). Well, the verdict was read and there was stunning silence and gasps in the room....except for the sound of three men sneaking out towards the exit as quietly and discreetly as they could. I just had to laugh at these poor guys who apparently thought that it was a bad time to be in an all white audience. Although had they stayed, no one would have said or done anything to them--we resented the murderer and the racist jury that let him off, not them. We didn't decide to go find the closest black person and string them up. Sadly the same can't be said of the aftermath of the King verdicts.

That is funny. I was in a restaurant that was frequented by attorneys and judges. I'm not sure of the racial make-up of the patrons, but there was stunned silence followed by baskets loads of bread thrown at the television screen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back