OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

diggndeeperstill

Reaction score
OSBI SEARCHING FOR MISSING CYRIL THREE-YEAR-OLD

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CYRIL, Okla. (January 10, 2023) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is assisting Cyril police and other law enforcement in the search for a missing three-year-old from Cyril. Athena Brownfield was reported missing around 2 p.m. this afternoon from 225 W. Nebraska. Cyril police asked for assistance from the OSBI with the search. A command post has been established at Family Life Church in Cyril. Please do not self-deploy to the scene. If you want to volunteer to help with the search, please come to the command post and ask for the OSBI.

Cyril police, Caddo County Sheriff's Office and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol are assisting with the search.

If you have any information about Athena’s whereabouts, contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or email tips@osbi.ok.gov.

This is an active and ongoing investigation. More information will be released as it is available.

***A picture of Athena is attached.

###
1673414005637.png

Authorities said Brownfield’s sister, whose name and age have not been released, was also missing and found on Monday.

I was coming here to make sure it was posted as I just saw it on our local news. I am not too far from this town. I don't know who left them home alone on the 6th. <modsnip - local rumors not allowed> The whole town is out and looking. I hope they find her soon!!! <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Authorities said Brownfield’s sister, whose name and age have not been released, was also missing and found on Monday.
Did Athena and her sister go missing at the same time?
How, where, & by whom was Athena's sister found?

Athena's little face doesn't look too happy in her pics -- maybe it's just me -- but she looks sad.
This situation strikes me as a bit odd, but that's just jaded ol' me.
Hoping for a good ending here. She's only 3 years old.

<modsnip> So I am not sure how long Athena has been missing. The girls were left alone on the 6th so it could have been anytime since then.
bbm
Left alone, were they? That, IMO, is criminal.

So, did the girls go looking for food, or mommy or daddy, or anyone? Were they with each other and somehow got separated?
How far can a 3 year-old go by herself?
SMH. Not liking this.

What? Who leaves a three and five year old alone? This does not look good. Impatiently waiting for more information.
- When were they last seen?
- Who left them alone?
- Where is mom and dad?
- Who reported them missing? And when?
- Moo

This is terrible!

There are a lot of comments on the OSBI Facebook page. <modsnip>

Well, if the children were left alone, I’m sure the legal guardian will be charged the same as the mom of two small children who drowned in Tulsa under her care or lack of care rather. How sad. I pray she is found safe and soon!

(Posting this because it was in Oklahoma as well)

“Police say they found the children's mother…sleeping after her kids disappeared and that she refused to help find them. Willis has been charged with second-degree murder.”

What? Who leaves a three and five year old alone? This does not look good. Impatiently waiting for more information.
- When were they last seen?
- Who left them alone?
- Where is mom and dad?
- Who reported them missing? And when?
- Moo
These poor little girls are breaking my heart! Athenas little face is haunting.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

I am going to pick up some donuts and sandwiches and take to the church where volunteers are meeting.
God bless you for being so kind. I wish I was there to help you. I’m glad we have you giving us updates being from the same area where Athena is missing from. Praying Athena is found safe and healthy.

I don’t like this one bit! It sounds like LE is getting all kinds of mixed stories from those involved. Apparently now they’re saying she’s 4 and not 3. I know that’s not a huge detail but it makes me wonder what other details aren’t being given to LE. It feels like they are getting a lot of bad information and minutes are crucial right now. I pray this ends well.

‘We need to find this little girl’: Search continues for missing 4-year-old Cyril girl

Can we talk about things being discussed in the Finding Athena FB Group?

There is something very important that has been disclosed that people need to know about.
From the social media rules (linked below this post:

Public Pages

Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back