Presumed Located OK - Bethany Tiner, 3, Chickasha, 1 Jan 1997

How many other siblings were there and what were their ages?

I’ve just published an update which should make the website comprehensively reflect the current situation. Most of the new content is in the story page and the latest blog post.

Thank you so much for keeping the search alive all these years. I’m hopeful that this story will have a happy ending!
I had to write to tell you how much I admire your amazing and courageous search for your mother and sister. I coincidentally listened to you tell the story on The Vanished Podcast (an absolute must-listen for anyone interested in this unbelievable story) this weekend and then came on to this site to find that your mom and sister are alive! I hope so much for all of you to be able to reunite and have a meaningful relationship. It is a travesty that your mom was arrested even after the child abuse accusations have been corroborated by an arrest - as well as by the stories of other who have also been molested. I wish all of you all the best.

I had to write to tell you how much I admire your amazing and courageous search for your mother and sister. I coincidentally listened to you tell the story on The Vanished Podcast (an absolute must-listen for anyone interested in this unbelievable story) this weekend and then came on to this site to find that your mom and sister are alive! I hope so much for all of you to be able to reunite and have a meaningful relationship. It is a travesty that your mom was arrested even after the child abuse accusations have been corroborated by an arrest - as well as by the stories of other who have also been molested. I wish all of you all the best.
I listened to the podcast, it brought up memories of several sex abuse situations that happened in two neighborhoods that I lived in during the 1950s/1960s--one neighborhood friend that was being molested by his step-father, 30 years later went on to molest his own daughter and received a 20 year sentence. The secrets and alliances in families around sexual abuse is devastating and often lasts for ones entire lifetime--as the Tiner family has sadly experienced. I think it's very generous and thoughtful of them to share their family's journey--showing how other elements (race, class, and access to money) also influence who is sexually abused in a family...their candid openness can help other families to look deeper into why and how the sexual abuse happened--hopefully, changing the generational aspect of sex abuse. In closing, I think the Duggar family needs to spend time getting to the bottom of their family dynamics, as it relates to Josh Duggar's sexual abuse of his sisters and his compulsion to look at explicit material--his appalling and disturbing actions didn't start out of thin air. Like Joe Tiner, there are buried reasons for Josh's continuing and offensive behavior too...imo.

I listened to the podcast, it brought up memories of several sex abuse situations that happened in two neighborhoods that I lived in during the 1950s/1960s--one neighborhood friend that was being molested by his step-father, 30 years later went on to molest his own daughter and received a 20 year sentence. The secrets and alliances in families around sexual abuse is devastating and often lasts for ones entire lifetime--as the Tiner family has sadly experienced. I think it's very generous and thoughtful of them to share their family's journey--showing how other elements (race, class, and access to money) also influence who is sexually abused in a family...their candid openness can help other families to look deeper into why and how the sexual abuse happened--hopefully, changing the generational aspect of sex abuse. In closing, I think the Duggar family needs to spend time getting to the bottom of their family dynamics, as it relates to Josh Duggar's sexual abuse of his sisters and his compulsion to look at explicit material--his appalling and disturbing actions didn't start out of thin air. Like Joe Tiner, there are buried reasons for Josh's continuing and offensive behavior too...imo.

How sad, so tragic that a terrible situation kept the family apart for so many years. I agree with you, its very brave of them to discuss this publicly. May they have peace and reconciliation in the years ahead.

@Sleuthster you are correct that my mother has been located, arrested, and released on bail. I'm working on an update to findbethandmom.com which should go live later today if you'd like to learn more. For now, I offer you this press release which covers the main points of interest.

<modsnip> I hope to share better current photos of her later, either on my website or social media, after I obtain her consent. Thank you.
Catherine. I am glad that your sister and mother were located. <modsnip> As a journalist I am compelled to show the truth and she was arrested which led to Bethany being located to be reunited with her family. I have compassion for you and hope all works out with your reunion. I lost my mother 35 years ago to cancer at a young age. I can't imagine her being alive and not knowing where she was though I often dream my mother did not die but is alive and choose to live another life. It's very heart breaking. One day I hope to find my 2 friends who are missing alive and maybe we can chat and laugh about their adventures in life. I know how ever from doing this for so long that the odds are very low. You are very lucky and I wish all of you the best in your reunion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just published an update which should make the website comprehensively reflect the current situation. Most of the new content is in the story page and the latest blog post.

Thank you so much for keeping the search alive all these years. I’m hopeful that this story will have a happy ending!
PLEASE take time to read the latest blog entry.
And please be respectful of this highly emotional time for this family.

Snip
"I learned that my father had been abusing my stepsisters, which was mind-blowing to me since I'd never suffered any abuse at his hands," she shared.

It was then that Catherine found a letter her mother had written in 1996, one year before going missing. In the letter, her mother had "stated that she feared for my sister's life because she was being abused by my dad."

In May 2022, Catherine finally found her mother, who confessed that she had fled to protect Catherine's little sister.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back