Identified! OK - Caddo Co, WhtFem 16-25, UP6604, in shallow grave, Apr'95 - Katrina Kay (Burton) Bentivegna

OSBI identifies murder victim from 27-year-old cold case

She has been identified through forensic genealogy as 20-year-old Katrina Kay (Burton) Bentivegna from Midwest City, Oklahoma. Parabon NanoLabs worked on her case.

user22886-1647025694-media1

Do we have a report of her disappearance? A thread for her murder?

Midwest City -- was she local to the Oklahoma City area, part of Tinker Air Force Base, anyone know?

RIP, Katrina!

jmho ymmv lrr

Tried my usual first-round genealogy sources -- no clear match for this young lady.

If we knew more, we could do more -- without the slippery slope of looking for information about the family.

Who just might still be serving in the Air Force.

A bit more here:

Bentivegna moved to Oklahoma in the summer of 1993. She was married in November of 1993 and is survived by her son.

Oklahoma woman’s remains identified more than 25 years later

This one states "originally from Colorado" which does clarify things.

https://insideeko.com/r-i-p-katrina-bentivegna-missing-midwest-city-woman-found-buried-in-oklahoma/

Anyone aware of a date last seen, missing report, anything like that?

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
Apparently, Katrina Kay Burton Bentivegna was never listed in NAMUS?

Still wondering if she was reported missing.

jmho ymmv lrr

Still no sign of a Missing report???

<modsnip>

Interesting indeed. Was this young woman reported missing in 1993???

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't usually dump on the reconstructions because I've poked at it a little bit myself and I know how terribly hard it is. But that reconstruction looks like somebody's mother, not a young woman wearing lace underwear.
Ditto. I don't want to put down Betty Pat Gatliff, because she has, after all, been a pioneer in the forensic art field, but her clay recons seems like they're based on one single mold which she has put a wig on. And the wigs basically have the same do, too.

@GreenHairedGirlie's rendring turned out to eerily close, though!

Ditto. I don't want to put down Betty Pat Gatliff, because she has, after all, been a pioneer in the forensic art field, but her clay recons seems like they're based on one single mold which she has put a wig on. And the wigs basically have the same do, too.

@GreenHairedGirlie's rendring turned out to eerily close, though!

Well, Susan Hope Lunds clay looked like some mummified monster. There are hardly any clay recons I like (one exception, but i think those are new ones).

Sounds like a predator. A much older man grooming an underage woman to the point that she cut all ties with her family. Then getting her pregnant and marrying her. And when she starts to develop a sense of independence, being abusive.
There are plenty stories like those. Plenty. Patty Otto is likely one of them, too. Same pattern.

Of course its all an assumption, technically she could just have left on her own being heavily pregnant with child no 2 and leaving child no 1 behind...and husband really had no idea about her whereabouts... but something does not make sense here.

JMOO

Of course its all an assumption, technically she could just have left on her own being heavily pregnant with child no 2 and leaving child no 1 behind...and husband really had no idea about her whereabouts... but something does not make sense here.

JMOO

I don't believe she was pregnant when she was murdered. I believe the crime report stated she was a woman who had given birth.

Then I misinterpreted the "skeletal finds: near term pregnancy". But does not change much
You could be correct. "Possible one term or near-term pregnancy. Right handed." I've always thought that the body was of a woman who had been pregnant and given birth but I might be misinterpreting the information. They have never released a lot of information or the autopsy report as far as I know. If she was pregnant then they should have some DNA from the baby's remains, especially if it was near term. That would be an awesome clue especially if the baby wasn't her husbands! I just don't think that is case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back