Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is helping search for a woman whose vehicle was found abandoned in Fort Towson, Oklahoma.

The OSBI said Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, was last heard from by family members on August 5, 2022, as she was on her way from Louisiana to Colorado.

Authorities said Case's 2006 Black GMC Envoy with Louisiana plates was found near the Kiamichi River in rural Choctaw County.

The investigation found evidence Case stopped at multiple convenience stores in North Texas the days before her disappearance.

The OSBI said Case is 5-foot-5, 140 pounds with brown hair and eyes. She was last seen wearing a black spaghetti strap top, light blue jeans and red tennis shoes.

I find multiple profiles for her online. But I find absolutely no mention of her missing before today? Why? She’s been missing since August 5th.

Her path of travel mentioned is very off.

OSBI ASSISTING WITH INVESTIGATION OF MISSING LOUISIANA WOMAN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELASE

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) has been requested to assist in a multi-state missing person investigation.
On or about August 4, 2022, 33-year-old Caitlyn Rose Case left Houma, Louisiana in route to Colorado. Case communicated with family members during her trip until they lost contact with her on August 5, 2022. At that point, she was traveling on Hwy 271 between Paris, Texas and Hugo, Oklahoma.

Case’s vehicle, a 2006 Black GMC Envoy with Louisiana plates 957FDO, was located along the banks of the Kiamichi River in a rural area south of Fort Towson, Oklahoma during the evening hours of August 12, 2022. Case has no contacts in Southern Oklahoma and her whereabouts are unknown.

Based upon the current investigation, law enforcement is aware that Case traveled through North Texas stopping at convenience stores in Mt. Pleasant, Gladewater, Lewisville, Gainesville and Paris, Texas between August 4-5, 2022.

Case is described as being 5’5”, 140 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap style top, light blue jeans and red tennis shoes.

Anyone who may have had contact with Case, or has any information on how her vehicle ended up by the Kiamichi Rivers, is encouraged to contact the OSBI tip line at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov. You can remain anonymous.

***A picture of Case is attached as well as a picture of a vehicle similar to Case’s.***

Attachments

• 1637EE8A-53E8-4B16-9C19-B19EB3B16CD5.jpeg
    1637EE8A-53E8-4B16-9C19-B19EB3B16CD5.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 4228D1E9-DC85-4C9F-A792-2710F0E6CFED.jpeg
    4228D1E9-DC85-4C9F-A792-2710F0E6CFED.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 245C3700-D822-4C30-809A-4DD647A629DD.jpeg
    245C3700-D822-4C30-809A-4DD647A629DD.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 84
So, Caitlyn’s path was very strange. Yet family spoke with her while she was in Paris/Hugo which she shouldn’t have been either if she was headed straight to Colorado.

5 convenience store stops was mentioned. should we read that as literally going into the convenience store rather than just getting gas at a “gas station”? Seems quite a few stops as well. (Possibly) I understand many travel differently.

I think she had an odd route for a reason and that reason is behind her missing.

link for google map screenshot. Houma to Fort Towson

Link for reference to OSBI story.

Attachments

• 3BEB7ED9-0747-43BC-9584-DF841511C1B1.jpg
    3BEB7ED9-0747-43BC-9584-DF841511C1B1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 157

I don't understand her trip from Louisiana to Colorado...not at all.

BTW it's typical to have a convenience store & not just a gas station in this area.

Would be helpful to know what she bought -- gas, snacks, meals, a map even?

Whose finger prints were in her Envoy?

That is definitely a strange route. I actually drove from Louisiana to Colorado earlier this summer, taking a last minute detour through Paris (to see the Eiffel Tower with cowboy hat on top!).

Up 271 to Hugo, then US 70 west to I-35 N and Oklahoma City.

From Louisiana, I-49 N to Shreveport, I-20 W to Dallas, but she would’ve gotten off at Longview to take 271 N to Mt Pleasant.

Nothing particular in Mt Pleasant that I can see (and I will stop/reroute a road trip for the most miniscule and/or ridiculous things). If she’d stayed on 271 N, she would’ve ended up in Paris, so the loop around doesn’t make a ton of sense.

Women need to pee. Or just get out the car, pick up a drink, etc.

Actually, I should’ve looked at @diggndeeperstill ’s map link better! The only strange thing she did was leave I-20 at Marshall to go up 49 to Mt Pleasant; her route is otherwise the same one I took to get to Paris.

I mean, Paris looks like its 45-60 mins from Mt Pleasant on 271. To instead head back south to I-20 via Gladewater, go through Dallas (hellacious), head north on 35 to Gainesville, then W to Paris is odd.

On my own trip, I didn’t spontaneously decide to go to Paris until I was near Gainesville.

So, the Mt Pleasant detour added at least 2 hours in driving time by itself.

If we assume she wanted to go to Paris, then this Mt Pleasant route makes sense : about 40 minutes west of Shreveport on I-49, another hour up Hwy 49 to MP, then another hour to Paris.

Shreveport to Gainesville, via I-20 and I-35, is about 5.5 hours. Another 1.5 to Paris. 7 hours. This is basically the route she took, aside from the MP detour. So it seems finding out what she was doing there might be key, and why she didn’t go on to Paris from there.

Actually, I should’ve looked at @diggndeeperstill ’s map link better! The only strange thing she did was leave I-20 at Marshall to go up 49 to Mt Pleasant; her route is otherwise the same one I took to get to Paris.

I mean, Paris looks like its 45-60 mins from Mt Pleasant on 271. To instead head back south to I-20 via Gladewater, go through Dallas (hellacious), head north on 35 to Gainesville, then W to Paris is odd.

On my own trip, I didn’t spontaneously decide to go to Paris until I was near Gainesville.
I should clarify, one thing I do not know is her actual routes between those cities. All we know for sure is those cities and that she was on 271 while talking to family between Paris and Hugo. I do wonder if family knew where she was when speaking to her or if LE determined that with phone pings /data. She could have been avoiding major highways for some reason.

I hope if family and friends happen to read this they will recognize the incredible importance behind spreading awareness and share her face:picture:info far and wide.

I would like to know how the car was processed? I’m guessing with the OSBI involved they will be looking at it thoroughly or have.

1660495065660.jpegLaw enforcement said Case traveled through North Texas, stopping at convenience stores in Mt. Pleasant, Gladewater, Lewisville, Gainesville and Paris, Texas between Aug. 4-5.

should clarify, one thing I do not know is her actual routes between those cities
Fair enough! Given the stated locations of stops, though, your plotted map makes the most sense, although of course she may have hopped off or on the actual interstates (vs service roads, etc) at any point in between the known stops.

Her route made no sense to me but we don't know her state of mind either. I did find an arrest a few months ago for possession of drug paraphrenia in LA . Actually the arrest was for two outstanding warrants for the drug charge. Don't know if she's out on bond as the Parrish Courthouse wanted $20 to do a case search. St. Mary Arrest Report 2-17-2021 - KQKI News Another arrest report from 2018 for drug possesion (weed plus Schedule IV drugs). https://www.stcharlessheriff.org/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/5501

@diggndeeperstill

Houma, LA up US-190/US-71 to I-49 (Alexandria, LA) to I-20 (Shreveport, LA) makes sense (decent highways I've driven most of that route fairly frequently)

I-20 westbound (Shreveport, LA) to Texas-135 (Gladewater, TX) to US-271(Mount Pleasant, TX then Paris, TX) makes sense IF she was hoping to catch US-82 at Paris to bypass DFW metroplex (I send my inlaws across US-82 over to I-30 when they need to bypass the city) -- if she wanted to do this bypass from US-82... then you can go over to Wichita Falls, TX (on decent roads) and catch US-287 on up to Colorado [from DFW, the preferred route to Colorado is US-287 BTW]

If she got lost in Paris, TX on the loop, I could see how she might be on US-271 headed through Powderly, TX towards Hugo, OK and screw up ending up on OK-109 (it's a shortcut from US-271 over to US-70 if you're planning on heading eastbound on US-70) -- I'm guessing the area where they found car "located along the banks of the Kiamichi River in a rural area south of Fort Towson" is probably one of the county roads off of OK-109

BUT... Lewisville, TX and Hugo, OK don't make sense if she was hoping to go around DFW (Hugo out of the way to north and Lewisville is the middle of nasty DFW interstate hwy traffic)

I'm not real fond of Paris, TX, since it's one of the only places I've had someone approach me and try to sell me drugs on the parking lot when I really just wanted to walk into store for a case of water and to pee. (My old job had me driving all over the areas she was cited as going to convenience stores with a healthy dose of heading up to a job location in SE OK that put me on US-271, OK-109, US-70, etc.)

Unless police release info on what dates/times she was at each location, I'd doubt her travel path is going to make sense.

So, Caitlyn’s path was very strange. Yet family spoke with her while she was in Paris/Hugo which she shouldn’t have been either if she was headed straight to Colorado.

5 convenience store stops was mentioned. should we read that as literally going into the convenience store rather than just getting gas at a “gas station”? Seems quite a few stops as well. (Possibly) I understand many travel differently.

I think she had an odd route for a reason and that reason is behind her missing.

link for google map screenshot. Houma to Fort Towson

Link for reference to OSBI story.
I wonder if she became ill with food poisoning or something else that she was coping with. I wonder what her demeanor was like during those CS stops?

We need to know if the conversation with family when she was in Paris gives any clues.

What was her reason for traveling to CO? Maybe after her DFW stops she had decided to return home, rather than continuing her trip?

Are we sure she doesn't know someone in OK?

The lead re: the potential carjack suspect needs to be cleared.

I am afraid of self harm due to the erratic nature of her travels after Shreveport. Very odd.

MOO

I wonder if she became ill with food poisoning or something else that she was coping with. I wonder what her demeanor was like during those CS stops?

We need to know if the conversation with family when she was in Paris gives any clues.

What was her reason for traveling to CO? Maybe after her DFW stops she had decided to return home, rather than continuing her trip?

Are we sure she doesn't know someone in OK?

The lead re: the potential carjack suspect needs to be cleared.

I am afraid of self harm due to the erratic nature of her travels after Shreveport. Very odd.

MOO
I'm personally leaning more towards self-harm with the vehicle being found alongside a remote riverbank and her history of possession (which implies the use of) scheduled IV drugs that were not prescribed. Those drugs are commonly Xanax, Soma, Darvon, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan, Talwin, Ambien, and Tramadol. Those can definitely affect your ability to make decisions, as well as motor skills. I don't see the carjacking scenario/tie-in with the other missing man case as a viable explanation - why carjack a car if you're on the run for arson and/or murder and then just abandon it, in my opinion?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back