Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

IMO, there’s reason to believe that she’s driven to Colorado from Houma before, so it seems unlikely she’d end up in Paris due to getting lost.

The Lewisville-Gainesville stops make sense if she was taking the I-35 /I-135 route to OKC through to Salina KS, then W on I-70 to Colorado (I’ve gone this way myself).

Mt Pleasant doesn’t make much sense as the first stop to me. I wonder if she got to Gainesville, something happened, and then drove / was driven to Mt Pleasant (variety of different routes that don’t go through Paris first), THEN up to Paris on 271.

Also, all the news articles mention that the OSBI is assisting the investigation. I looked for : Lamar County Sheriff (TX), Choctaw County (OK), Ft Towson and Hugo OK city police, Paris city police, and nary a word. Who’s investigation is it?

*interesting comment about confused girl
Yeah. If you see her face in person, the mole above her lip is a strong & unique identifier. Apparently that sighting was not called in? Very odd, but then I would not hesitate to make an anonymous report.

See something, say something!

Screenshot 2022-08-17 at 15-06-28 Caitlyn Case.jpg

Reported stops in Gainsville and Lewisville is what confuses me the most. All of the stops were done from August 4-5.

IMO, the only sequence that makes sense is Gladewater -> Mt. Pleasant -> Lewisville -> Gainesville -> and then backtracking to Paris, with last location somewhere on 271, and the car being found near Fort Towson.

This is all opinion solely based on map locations as I don't have any local experience with this area.

I just randomly found this case bc I was bored and looking here on websleuths for cases in my very small area of the world. Never heard anything about it which is sad seeing as I'm from the Houma area!

Just from the few minutes I spent looking at a social media profile of hers, I did notice that she had "checked in" via fb in the Colorado area on July 11 2022 which seems like a lot of back and forth, not to mention the big distance between houma and Colorado. I wonder if she took a plane sometimes or drove these trips most of the time.
I also wonder, did she have any family or friends that lived along the way, or maybe sort of along the way with a bit of a detour or two, that she may have decided to visit on her way there? My brother moved from here to Colorado years ago and anytime he had to make the trip via car he would stop at friends or relatives we have scattered along the way in louisiana texas and Oklahoma just to have a break overnight from driving or just as a good excuse to visit someone. Maybe that's why her trip looks a little off to some? Did she perhaps know anyone around the area her vehicle was discovered??

If she did just drive back and forth such a short time ago she'd really be extra familiar with the trip. I also noticed it says she lives in Houma and I'm kinda curious if she has family here or what brought her to live in this area. I was surprised that I shared no mutual friends with her as she is not too much older than me and houma is pretty dang small. I also wonder what she was making this journey for. Anyways just some rambling brainstormy MOO opinion kinda stuff. Hope she's found soon!!

From NAMUS:
Date of Last Contact
August 5, 2022

Circumstances of Disappearance
CASE was traveling from HOUMA LA to Colorado. During CASES's last call with her father she was traveling northbound on Hwy 271 in the Bogata TX area.

Cell tower hits after the call indicated that she continued north on hwy 271 toward Paris, Texas her estimated arrival time in Paris would have been approximately 1800 hours. At 2117 hours a license plate reader captures her leaving Paris in a northwesterly direction on FM 79.

A short time later her cellphone begins hitting cell towers in Choctaw County Oklahoma.

On August 12, 2022 CASE's vehicle was located in a rural area along a steep embankment along the Kiamichi River near Frogville Oklahoma.

It is believed that someone other than CASE attempted to dispose of the vehicle in the river.

All emphasis mine.
Car found about 30 minutes north then east from Paris (53 minutes from Bogata, TX, SE of Paris).

We need answers to our "why" questions to be able to help. I'm not seeing a Facebook search page or any family comments to help fill in the gaps in MSM reports.

MOO

I just randomly found this case bc I was bored and looking here on websleuths for cases in my very small area of the world. Never heard anything about it which is sad seeing as I'm from the Houma area!

Just from the few minutes I spent looking at a social media profile of hers, I did notice that she had "checked in" via fb in the Colorado area on July 11 2022 which seems like a lot of back and forth, not to mention the big distance between houma and Colorado. I wonder if she took a plane sometimes or drove these trips most of the time.
I also wonder, did she have any family or friends that lived along the way, or maybe sort of along the way with a bit of a detour or two, that she may have decided to visit on her way there? My brother moved from here to Colorado years ago and anytime he had to make the trip via car he would stop at friends or relatives we have scattered along the way in louisiana texas and Oklahoma just to have a break overnight from driving or just as a good excuse to visit someone. Maybe that's why her trip looks a little off to some? Did she perhaps know anyone around the area her vehicle was discovered??

If she did just drive back and forth such a short time ago she'd really be extra familiar with the trip. I also noticed it says she lives in Houma and I'm kinda curious if she has family here or what brought her to live in this area. I was surprised that I shared no mutual friends with her as she is not too much older than me and houma is pretty dang small. I also wonder what she was making this journey for. Anyways just some rambling brainstormy MOO opinion kinda stuff. Hope she's found soon!!
Welcome to WS! I’m from North Louisiana, but have family that live in Houma.

I texted my cousin who is from that area, and asked if she was familiar with this case. She had no idea about it until I told her! Is it not circulating in the news down there? I was hoping it would start to gain attention, but now I’m not so sure!

Welcome to WS! I’m from North Louisiana, but have family that live in Houma.

I texted my cousin who is from that area, and asked if she was familiar with this case. She had no idea about it until I told her! Is it not circulating in the news down there? I was hoping it would start to gain attention, but now I’m not so sure!

Hi! Fellow louisianian that's awesome!

I hadn't seen a thing about it until stumbling across it here, but if you go looking for it there are some local reports. I have to admit I'm not a frequent user of social media like most people my age are and that's really where I'm assuming most people would hear about it. Although of the people I know that i asked none had heard of this case until my asking and they are more into fb and such. Hopefully there's more big news about it in the area she disappeared from!

Based the Namus summary, it sounds like order of her stops is:

Shreveport->Gladewater (distance: 1 hr 15 mins)
Gladewater->Lewisville (distance: 2 hr 15 mins)
Lewisville->Gainesville (distance: 45 mins)
Gainesville->Mt Pleasant (via some route not through Paris. I suspect Gainesville-> Sherman->Whitewright->Sulphur Springs->MP, which is 2 hr 45 mins)
Mt Pleasant-> Borgata (last call with dad)
Mt Pleasant -> Paris (eta 6pm 5 August, distance 1 hr)

Okay, we’re at roughly 8 hours just driving time at this point, and we don’t know how long each of these stops were.

Speculation:

She spent the night in Shreveport (4-5 hrs from Houma).

Next, she / her truck left Paris at 917pm 5 Aug (captured in plate reader). Sunset was at 820pm, so not sure they could know if it was her in car.

She did not depart via 271 N to Hugo, OK, which would have been the direct route, but, according to Namus, headed northwest on FM 79 (Texas has smaller roads called Farm to Market roads.)

Speculation:

You can follow FM 79 and then loop back around Paris, without re-entering it, to get back on 271 N.

Speculation:

The map pin in Namus actually shows up as this place. Theory: She was going to spend the night there. Sometime between 6-9pm 5 August, something happened. Someone else was in the truck leaving Paris who was very familiar with both Paris and the areas around the Kiamichi River south of Ft Towson. That someone else left the truck abandoned the truck, and probably had an accomplice to least get them away from the area.

Theory: she’s not in Oklahoma, but in Texas.

The map pin in Namus actually shows up as this place. Theory: She was going to spend the night there. Sometime between 6-9pm 5 August, something happened. Someone else was in the truck leaving Paris who was very familiar with both Paris and the areas around the Kiamichi River south of Ft Towson. That someone else left the truck abandoned the truck, and probably had an accomplice to least get them away from the area.

Theory: she’s not in Oklahoma, but in Texas.

(RSSM)

Unfortunately, the NamUs map pin is typically generic/filler and not specific to the case. Proof: Cathy Cole Sampson (MP8603) case also has a last seen of Paris, TX and links to the same exact location of 37 Clarksville.

NamUS says that from where she was at, on the phone with her father, she would have made it to Paris, TX by 1800. has it been reported when that call ended?

Unfortunately, the NamUs map pin is typically generic/filler and not specific to the case. Proof: Cathy Cole Sampson (MP8603) case also has a last seen of Paris, TX and links to the same exact location of 37 Clarksville.

Ah, thanks! That’s disappointing to learn.

No report on what time call ended. I haven’t seen any media reporting which wasn’t just a re-publication of the OSBI’s initial and only press release.

Google Maps puts a driving time of 26 minutes from Bogata to Paris, so 530-ish?

Other questions:

Was she ever reported missing before the discovery of her truck on the 12th?
How long had the truck been at that location?
When did the truck and CRC part ways?
What are the other investigating agencies in this ‘multi- state’ search? I assume Texas is one, although I can’t find anything on any of the local sheriff’s / state LE organizations sites/social media.
Where is Caitlyn Rose Case?

What are y’all wondering?

New update from OSBI via their Facebook page:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RELEASED IN SEARCH FOR MISSING LOUISIANA WOMAN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (August 19, 2022) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is releasing additional information in the Caitlyn Case investigation in hopes of narrowing the search area.

During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.

At this point in the investigation there is concern that someone other than Case was in control of the vehicle. It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location during the late-night hours of August 5, 2022. It is not believed at this time that Case physically entered Oklahoma.
Case left Houma, Louisiana en route to Colorado on August 4, 2022. Her last contact with family members was on August 5. Her vehicle was located on the banks of the Kiamichi River south of Fort Towson the night of August 12.

Case was driving a black 2006 GMC Envoy with Louisiana plates 957FDO. Case is described as being 5’5”, 140 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap style top, light blue jeans and red tennis shoes (see attached image from surveillance video on August 5, 2022).

Agents request that anyone living or working along the previously listed routes with access to recorded video footage on August 5, 2022 between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.

The OSBI has been assisted by numerous law enforcement agencies including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), Choctaw County Sheriff’s Office, Hugo Police Department, Paris Police Department, Lamar County Sheriff’s Office, Lamar County District Attorney’s Office, Houma, Louisiana Police Department, Grayson County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, Lewisville Police Department, Longview Police Department, Gladewater Police Department, Mt. Pleasant Police Department.

The OSBI is currently the lead investigative agency and all tips should be forwarded threw the OSBI tip line.

missing girl.jpg

Map to match up with OSBI news release from 19 Aug 2022 (Houma to Fort Towson)

Weird things to note:
5pm 5 Aug 2022 Bogota TX (area)

7pm 5 Aug 2022 phone pinging Pattonville, TX (cell tower) -- it's only 30 min from Bogota TX to Paris TX.... seems like phone must've been stopped somewhere between Bogota TX and the ping in Pattonville TX rather than just driving straight through -- no way that it'd take 2 hrs to get from Bogota TX to Pattonville TX/south side of Paris TX

9pm 5 Aug 2022 vehicle on south east side of Paris TX (South loop of Hwy 286) -- doesn't take four hours to get from Bogota TX to Paris TX...

Hoping they get some additional footage from doorbell cameras/businesses/etc and find her safe somewhere.

New update from OSBI via their Facebook page:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RELEASED IN SEARCH FOR MISSING LOUISIANA WOMAN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (August 19, 2022) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is releasing additional information in the Caitlyn Case investigation in hopes of narrowing the search area.

During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.

At this point in the investigation there is concern that someone other than Case was in control of the vehicle. It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location during the late-night hours of August 5, 2022. It is not believed at this time that Case physically entered Oklahoma.
Case left Houma, Louisiana en route to Colorado on August 4, 2022. Her last contact with family members was on August 5. Her vehicle was located on the banks of the Kiamichi River south of Fort Towson the night of August 12.

Case was driving a black 2006 GMC Envoy with Louisiana plates 957FDO. Case is described as being 5’5”, 140 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap style top, light blue jeans and red tennis shoes (see attached image from surveillance video on August 5, 2022).

Agents request that anyone living or working along the previously listed routes with access to recorded video footage on August 5, 2022 between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.

The OSBI has been assisted by numerous law enforcement agencies including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), Choctaw County Sheriff’s Office, Hugo Police Department, Paris Police Department, Lamar County Sheriff’s Office, Lamar County District Attorney’s Office, Houma, Louisiana Police Department, Grayson County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, Lewisville Police Department, Longview Police Department, Gladewater Police Department, Mt. Pleasant Police Department.

The OSBI is currently the lead investigative agency and all tips should be forwarded threw the OSBI tip line.
That doesn't sound good. Carjacked? I wish they would say if she made a stop around Bogata. I'm concerned that she may have encountered someone in Gainesville who forced her to drive back east.

She did call her Dad from the Paris area though. Surely if it was a distress call, he would have alerted LE right away.

Going missing in rural NE Texas in August heat? Not good.

I've seen some speculation that maybe she was
never in the area above DFW, only her credit card was. Makes me wonder!

JMO

View attachment 360561

Map to match up with OSBI news release from 19 Aug 2022 (Houma to Fort Towson)

Weird things to note:
5pm 5 Aug 2022 Bogota TX (area)

7pm 5 Aug 2022 phone pinging Pattonville, TX (cell tower) -- it's only 30 min from Bogota TX to Paris TX.... seems like phone must've been stopped somewhere between Bogota TX and the ping in Pattonville TX rkather than just driving straight through -- no way that it'd take 2 hrs to get from Bogota TX to Pattonville TX/south side of Paris TX

9pm 5 Aug 2022 vehicle on south east side of Paris TX (South loop of Hwy 286) -- doesn't take four hours to get from Bogota TX to Paris TX...

Hoping they get some additional footage from doorbell cameras/businesses/etc and find her safe somewhere.
Her vehicle was found on the Kiamachi river bank near Frogville, OK, according to NAMUS. I don't think the car was ever near Fort Towson.

Not sure it matters if she was no longer in it when the car left the Bogata area.

It's been two weeks. Doesn't look good, sadly. Sounds like a search near Pattonville is the best place to start.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back