Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

Her vehicle was found on the Kiamachi river bank near Frogville, OK, according to NAMUS. I don't think the car was ever near Fort Towson.

The OSBI’s first statement and the new one both say Ft Towson for whatever reason. Frogville’s only about 15 minutes from Ft Towson up 109, so I suppose you could say the truck was reasonably ‘near’ either one.

Her vehicle was found on the Kiamachi river bank near Frogville, OK, according to NAMUS. I don't think the car was ever near Fort Towson.

Not sure it matters if she was no longer in it when the car left the Bogata area.

It's been two weeks. Doesn't look good, sadly. Sounds like a search near Pattonville is the best place to start.

JMO
The area where OK-109 crosses Kiamichi is technically a Ft Towson address (no post office in Frogville).

So what’re we thinking about the Lewisville and Gainesville stops?

Me too, now.
I'm suspicious she wasn't ever near Lewisville TX or Gainesville TX. Since police never released sightings of her at those locations, like what @WingsOverTX said, I'd be suspicious that her card was used in those locations, but she was never there (though OSBI hasn't said that).

The long amount of time between Bogota TX and Paris TX makes me wonder if she found trouble SE of Paris.

I read the OSBI post as implying there was intent to put the car into water at the Kiamichi. I wonder if after Paris TX, her car was headed to Pat Mayse via FM79 and then they discovered there's game wardens around that area (including at night) and decided to try to put the car in the water at the Kiamichi instead of at Pat Mayse.

I'm suspicious she wasn't ever near Lewisville TX or Gainesville TX. Since police never released sightings of her at those locations, like what @WingsOverTX said, I'd be suspicious that her card was used in those locations, but she was never there (though OSBI hasn't said that).

The long amount of time between Bogota TX and Paris TX makes me wonder if she found trouble SE of Paris.

I read the OSBI post as implying there was intent to put the car into water at the Kiamichi. I wonder if after Paris TX, her car was headed to Pat Mayse via FM79 and then they discovered there's game wardens around that area (including at night) and decided to try to put the car in the water at the Kiamichi instead of at Pat Mayse.
I like your theory. It seems odd to travel NW of Paris on a backroad, only to end up back on HWY 271 heading NE of Paris. Looking at Google Maps, 109 is the first turn once you enter Oklahoma, almost as if the Kiamichi River was an afterthought.
I can’t help but to wonder if someone disposed of her body in Pat Mayse, then dumped the car close to where they could be picked up by an accomplice.

I like your theory. It seems odd to travel NW of Paris on a backroad, only to end up back on HWY 271 heading NE of Paris. Looking at Google Maps, 109 is the first turn once you enter Oklahoma, almost as if the Kiamichi River was an afterthought.
I can’t help but to wonder if someone disposed of her body in Pat Mayse, then dumped the car close to where they could be picked up by an accomplice.
Why Pat Mayse instead of the Kiamachi River? Isn't it more likely she never traveled further than Pattonville (last phone ping)?

For reference: Tulsa District > Locations > Tulsa District Lakes > Texas > Pat Mayse Lake
Screenshot_20220819-190802_(1).png

Why Pat Mayse instead of the Kiamachi River? Isn't it more likely she never traveled further than Pattonville (last phone ping)?

It seems reasonable that something happened in Bogata-Pattonville, but the weird route around Paris implies (to me) a search for a good place to leave a body.

Lake Crook, Pat Mayse - I don’t think they put her in the Kiamichi, as that seems too far to go with a body in a car with out of state plates.

Also I find the inclusion of the Lamar County District Attorney’s Office in the list of investigating agencies suggestive.

New update from OSBI via their Facebook page:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RELEASED IN SEARCH FOR MISSING LOUISIANA WOMAN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (August 19, 2022) – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) is releasing additional information in the Caitlyn Case investigation in hopes of narrowing the search area.

During the course of the investigation, Special Agents have determined that 33-year-old Case’s last known location was in the Bogata, Texas area on August 5, 2022 at approximately 5:00 p.m. She was traveling northbound along Highway 271 towards Paris, Texas. Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on August 5, Case’s cellphones registered on cell towers at Pattonville, Texas and a tower located south of Paris.

At approximately 9:00 p.m. on August 5, 2022, Case’s vehicle traveled around the south loop of Highway 286 in Paris to FM 79 where it proceeded in a northwesterly direction from Paris. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle is believed to have traveled north in an unknown path headed to Oklahoma. After entering Oklahoma on Highway 271, the vehicle then turned east on Highway 109 south of Grant, Oklahoma.

At this point in the investigation there is concern that someone other than Case was in control of the vehicle. It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location during the late-night hours of August 5, 2022. It is not believed at this time that Case physically entered Oklahoma.
Case left Houma, Louisiana en route to Colorado on August 4, 2022. Her last contact with family members was on August 5. Her vehicle was located on the banks of the Kiamichi River south of Fort Towson the night of August 12.

Case was driving a black 2006 GMC Envoy with Louisiana plates 957FDO. Case is described as being 5’5”, 140 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap style top, light blue jeans and red tennis shoes (see attached image from surveillance video on August 5, 2022).

Agents request that anyone living or working along the previously listed routes with access to recorded video footage on August 5, 2022 between 5:00 p.m. and 10 p.m. contact the OSBI tipline at (800) 522-8017 or tips@osbi.ok.gov.

The OSBI has been assisted by numerous law enforcement agencies including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP), Choctaw County Sheriff’s Office, Hugo Police Department, Paris Police Department, Lamar County Sheriff’s Office, Lamar County District Attorney’s Office, Houma, Louisiana Police Department, Grayson County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, Lewisville Police Department, Longview Police Department, Gladewater Police Department, Mt. Pleasant Police Department.

The OSBI is currently the lead investigative agency and all tips should be forwarded threw the OSBI tip line.
Anyone notice this says “case’s cellephones” as in plural? I bolded in the press release.

Does it seem like the surveillance pic was taken at night? Because on August 5, that would’ve meant 12 midnight - around 645am (sunrise that morning).

I wonder where it was taken… Longview, maybe?

It seems reasonable that something happened in Bogata-Pattonville, but the weird route around Paris implies (to me) a search for a good place to leave a body.

Lake Crook, Pat Mayse …..
The awareness of this situation in Paris/Bogata area is very low. Local news has been mostly silent. I hope that changes.

IMO

Once near Paris, the path of travel on south Loop 286 is the only way around Paris without stoplights (cameras). South side of 286 is mostly underdeveloped or industrial. The exit from 286 to FM 79 continues this trend as the 271 North exit is, maybe, 2 miles further east. However, exit to 271N is loaded with stoplights, gas stations … 79 has no stoplights….this is the path to take if you do not want to be seen.

The path down FM 79 would’ve led to a return to 271N, towards OK, only via FM 1499, FM 197, FM 906. The later of which runs along top the dam of Pat Mayse Lake.

There is no explanation for 3+ hour gap between Bogata and Paris. It’s around a 30 minute trip every day of the week. The answer is here.

The awareness of this situation in Paris/Bogata area is very low. Local news has been mostly silent. I hope that changes.

IMO

Once near Paris, the path of travel on south Loop 286 is the only way around Paris without stoplights (cameras). South side of 286 is mostly underdeveloped or industrial. The exit from 286 to FM 79 continues this trend as the 271 North exit is, maybe, 2 miles further east. However, exit to 271N is loaded with stoplights, gas stations … 79 has no stoplights….this is the path to take if you do not want to be seen.

The path down FM 79 would’ve led to a return to 271N, towards OK, only via FM 1499, FM 197, FM 906. The later of which runs along top the dam of Pat Mayse Lake.

There is no explanation for 3+ hour gap between Bogata and Paris. It’s around a 30 minute trip every day of the week. The answer is here.
Great insight!

IMO

Welcome to Websleuths @903burner!

some(what) random thoughts:

- They've listed that she made trips to convenience stores at the locations. Where I live, there is CCTV everywhere at such stores, including entering the store itself (with the "store has less than $50" or "crime doesn't pay" signage). I guess what I'm trying to ask is: would their list of Caitlyn's stops be backed by 'card activity' info, CCTV, or both? They released one CCTV screenshot at one stop for when she got gas. I think it would be awfully strange if some stops are only based on 'card activity' info and some are CCTV?

What does abandoning the car near Kiamichi River tell us? Someone who knows the area well or a stranger? The OSBI press release says "It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location." An unknown party tried to push the car into the river and it got stuck and they abandoned it? Is that a river deep enough or fast enough to do this?

The river seems pretty slow, at 49 cubic ft/second and a gage height of 2 ft (source). According to this site it's dependent on local rainfall and August is the period of the lowest flow (when some dragging/carrying may be required). (source)

Since that CCTV screenshot is from August 5 (and her last known location was before sunset on August 5), was she potentially driving after midnight?

Edit: I want to reiterate that I have very little knowledge of the natural/outdoors so I hope I'm not way off base on some of these assumptions.

some(what) random thoughts:

- They've listed that she made trips to convenience stores at the locations. Where I live, there is CCTV everywhere at such stores, including entering the store itself (with the "store has less than $50" or "crime doesn't pay" signage). I guess what I'm trying to ask is: would their list of Caitlyn's stops be backed by 'card activity' info, CCTV, or both? They released one CCTV screenshot at one stop for when she got gas. I think it would be awfully strange if some stops are only based on 'card activity' info and some are CCTV?

What does abandoning the car near Kiamichi River tell us? Someone who knows the area well or a stranger? The OSBI press release says "It is believed that an attempt was made to deposit the vehicle in the Kiamichi River to hide its location." An unknown party tried to push the car into the river and it got stuck and they abandoned it? Is that a river deep enough or fast enough to do this?

The river seems pretty slow, at 49 cubic ft/second and a gage height of 2 ft (source). According to this site it's dependent on local rainfall and August is the period of the lowest flow (when some dragging/carrying may be required). (source)

Since that CCTV screenshot is from August 5 (and her last known location was before sunset on August 5), was she potentially driving after midnight?

Edit: I want to reiterate that I have very little knowledge of the natural/outdoors so I hope I'm not way off base on some of these assumptions.
You are correct about the Kiamichi River. It isn't substantial enough to submerge the car entirely, but the area is remote enough to conceal it for a little while.

Opinions:
That anyone would know to take the path south of Paris and take back roads to get to Oklahoma, indicates to me that the person(s) involved are locals. GPS from Bogata to FM79 would lead you through North side of Loop 286 as it is a substantially faster. If disposition of the vehicle was primary objective, and Frogville was the destination, i suspect multiple people are involved and since the plate reader caught CRC's near FM 79, would be likely that the accomplice was following behind...possible that plate reader would've caught the plate of that vehicle as well. That said, I am unaware of any plate readers in this area and it's unlikely that the perps would have known about them either.

Original message from OSBI indicated CRC had no contacts in Choctaw County, OK. What about NE Texas - Bogata (Red River County, TX) or Pattonville (Lamar County)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back