OK OK - Cathy James, 60, accidnt'ly entered someone else’s home, car found I-35, Tonkawa, 4 Sep 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Sep 22, 2021.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

OSBI SEEKING HELP LOCATING WOMAN MISSING FROM TONKAWA

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    September 22, 2021

TONKAWA, Oklahoma – The Tonkawa Police Department requested assistance from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) in locating 60-year-old Cathy Ann James. James was known to be in Tonkawa on September 4, 2021. On September 15, 2021, James’ sister called the Tonkawa Police Department to report that she had not heard from her sister since September 4.

James’ white Dodge Charger was found abandoned on I-35 at mile marker 179, three miles north of the Stillwater exit. She was wearing an orange shirt with a Nike emblem on it and black sweat pants.

If you have seen James or have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the OSBI at (800) 522-8017 or you can email tips@osbi.ok.gov.

***A photo of Cathy James is attached.***

[​IMG]

OSBI asking public for help finding Oklahoma woman who has been missing for over 2 weeks | KFOR.com Oklahoma City

Sincerely, savagewoman and Laughing like this.

2. GuyfromCanada

James, formerly of Ada, was last known to be in Tonkawa on September 4, 2021.

Woman, formerly of Ada, missing from Tonkawa

So was Cathy living in Tonkawa? I wonder where was she going to on I-35 and why would she leave her car there? What could have happened, did the car break down? It's already been over 2 weeks since Cathy went missing.

Sincerely and Laughing like this.
  3. GuyfromCanada

4. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Wait what? Unfortunate lady mistakenly walks into a house, in a mistaken town, apparently has a history of some problems, and she's just released?

I guess LE called her family, or had Ms. Jones call her family?

So sad!

Reminds me somewhat of Teleka Patrick's disappearance:

Found Deceased - MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

jmho ymmv lrr

5. mrsNKY

mrsNKY Well-Known Member

Wow, so even though she named two different towns she thought she was in which were far away from where the police interacted with her but; they let her drive away? Oh my. Reminds me of the young lady from California that had been arrested for her erratic behavior and skipping out on a tab at a restaurant. My gracious, how sad.

Laughing and GuyfromCanada like this.
  6. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

‘I fear that we’re not going to find her.’ Missing Oklahoma woman last seen during encounter with Tonkawa police | KFOR.com Oklahoma City

Tonkawa police told KFOR James accidentally walked into someone else’s home, thinking she was in a different town on September 4.

“She thought she was in Muskogee or Okmulgee, Oklahoma, which Tonkawa is far away from those cities,” said Police Chief Nick Payne with the Tonkawa Police Department.

James’ confusion is raising concerns for officers, so they complete a mental health evaluation.

“Unfortunately, this has been some of what history with her. She had some mental health issues in the past,” said Payne.

Police decided she was mentally stable enough to drive away, so they let her go. The last people to see her were those officers on September 4.

Laughing, LoveyG and GuyfromCanada like this.
  7. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

bbm

Mytrice Richardson:

CA - CA - Mitrice Richardson, 24, Malibu, 17 Sept 2009

8. Sincerely

Sincerely Well-Known Member

I’m not expecting a good outcome here. If she were out there and okay, I feel like someone else would have called for help by now. I’m sure they’ve checked the psych facilities in that area?!

Laughing likes this.