Found Deceased OK - Chris Shelton, 36, Hitchita, 15 February 2011

Sorry to quote myself but just had a thought.

The chickens are missing, right? Let's say he was harmed (or worse), so the truck is driven somewhere and left, but -- the chickens. Whoever did this cares about those chickens in some way - monetarily or otherwise.

Who would care about the chickens, really? Just trying to think outside the box here: the person who had just sold them to him is one guess. Were they also the last person reported to see him?

ETA: I don't think he disappeared over the chickens - but I think the chickens being taken is obviously important here. MOO

I dont know but I did wonder if the truck was found before it sat for days and the chickens were placed back it in to make it look as if the lived in the truck for an extended amount of time.
I think the chickens are important too.

Intersting links if we are going to explore chickens.

Oklahoma Poultry Federation.
http://www.thepoultryfederation.com/about-us/Oklahoma/

Backyard chickens message boards.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=92967

Off topic.
Chicken and meth links anyone?

http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/chickenfeed.html

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/truckers-news/29561-chicken-feed-truckers-code-for-meth.html

Waffle house triva fact:
2 percent of all eggs produced in the US end up at waffle house.

The DOB the court case matches up with this Chris' age (born June 1974) but the Shawnee address IS puzzling. The articles state his truck was found a few miles from his home which makes sense if he lives in Hitchita.

Property Tax Records show that address in Shawnee is owned by an M. Shelton so maybe he lived there at one time? But the ticket was just issued in January, 2011.

Strange I agree!

I think the vehicle was found 6 miles away from his friends home, not Chris's home.
Snip-
"He was last known to be driving a silver-gray 1989 Nissan pickup. The truck was found just inside Okmulgee County, six miles from residence near Haskell that he left Feb. 15. The keys were left in the truck, Banks said."

http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x186198098/Hitchita-man-missing-since-Feb-15

Hmmm, How odd. this is not the first Chris Shelton to have gone missing from Oklahoma. Hopefully this will have a happier ending than the last guys.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/holdenville-ok/T99D1OGHK4917D03H

It has been added to my list of things that are just crazy coincidence and not the list of seemingly mocking but it could change its position later. I saw it the other night and First thought it to be this Chris Shelton. No topix thread that I saw for this Chris Shelton.

I am curious about the upcoming trip to Eureka Springs. The way it was framed made it sound like a day trip. I looked it up and its nearly 4 hours away. I love Eureka Springs but the "marriage" thing is very hyped there. Was his girlfriend thinking wedding for the belated Valentines Day outing?

It has been added to my list of things that are just crazy coincidence and not the list of seemingly mocking but it could change its position later. I saw it the other night and First thought it to be this Chris Shelton. No topix thread that I saw for this Chris Shelton.

Soul, I saw it as well and found it to be interesting... At first I thought I was on to something, like 'hey this guy has gone missing before', until I saw that the body of the other guy was found. I hope there is a better outcome here but I'm starting to have my doubts, sadly...

Hitchita Man Remains Missing

“We have no clues — it’s like he just vanished,” she said Wednesday. “There’s just nothing.”

His truck, found very near the residence of a man he had visited near Haskell, had already been gone through. It is too late to try to get fingerprints from the truck, she said.

http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x977545582/Hitchita-man-remains-missing

Hitchita Man Remains Missing

“We have no clues — it’s like he just vanished,” she said Wednesday. “There’s just nothing.”

His truck, found very near the residence of a man he had visited near Haskell, had already been gone through. It is too late to try to get fingerprints from the truck, she said.

http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x977545582/Hitchita-man-remains-missing

Too late to get fingerprints??? I just don't get how LE works in Oklahoma.

What does she mean by the truck already had been gone through? Was it ransacked by someone else?:maddening:

Too late to get fingerprints??? I just don't get how LE works in Oklahoma.

What does she mean by the truck already had been gone through? Was it ransacked by someone else?:maddening:

Agreeing with all of the above, little726 - I read that article a bit earlier and, having just woken up, wondered if I'd left some braincells in Slumberland, especially when trying to figure out the "already been gone through" part. So I drank a cup of coffee and read it again. Still don't get it. WHO WENT THROUGH THE TRUCK ALREADY?? Kidnappers? OSBI? Passersby? Did they then wipe down the truck to clear it of prints? Or sprinkle magic anti-fingerprint powder on it? Argh. Oklahoma, still don't understand it and I've lived here for twelve years. Oy vey.

:banghead:

Where are you Chris?

g0a00000000000000007f7dcdc4f4e266c5216235265721520ae9fa86a2.jpg

According to this link,SHELTON Roundhead - Sabong, Cockfighting and Gamefowl News, Photo, Video; Derby News Schedule, Results, Breeding
there's a Chris Shelton whose grandpappy was the original breeder of some gamefowl called Shelton Roundheads, only he called them Allen Roundheads. See post #16. Seems the Allens and Sheltons were closely related according to one of the posters there.

One of the posters claimed this Chris may live in Texas, "may" being the operative word.

I wonder if the Chris mentioned on that board could possibly be the one who disappeared in OK?

There can be lots of money in top bred birds depending on bloodlines. $3500+ for a chicken?
As someone over there said, you're not buying a chicken, you're buying a bloodline. Birds are sold around the world. These people take their illegal business very seriously, and their birds even more seriously.

And the missing Chris Shelton's middle name is Allen? Maybe we should take a closer look at the funky chicken business.

According to this link,SHELTON Roundhead - Sabong, Cockfighting and Gamefowl News, Photo, Video; Derby News Schedule, Results, Breeding
there's a Chris Shelton whose grandpappy was the original breeder of some gamefowl called Shelton Roundheads, only he called them Allen Roundheads. See post #16. Seems the Allens and Sheltons were closely related according to one of the posters there.

One of the posters claimed this Chris may live in Texas, "may" being the operative word.

I wonder if the Chris mentioned on that board could possibly be the one who disappeared in OK?

There can be lots of money in top bred birds depending on bloodlines. $3500+ for a chicken?
As someone over there said, you're not buying a chicken, you're buying a bloodline. Birds are sold around the world. These people take their illegal business very seriously, and their birds even more seriously.

And the missing Chris Shelton's middle name is Allen? Maybe we should take a closer look at the funky chicken business.

Great find!

Interesting about the dates of some of the post. I havent finished with the thread there but I wanted to thank you!

:( How very sad.

Rest in peace Chris. :rose:

I knew Chris from a long time ago and we got very close. he was friends with a man and woman in Haskell I did not like. I had a sinking feeling something bad was going on with all of them back then even! Chris took me to Louisiana one weekend to do a "show" for that man and woman. It was not good. I loved Chris and held such a tender place in my heart, he had a lot of bad people around him. I called the detectives the other day as I have just learned of what happened! I let them know of those people and what I knew and they didn't ask me one single question or even aced like they cared! Very sad story, my heart goes out to his sweet family as they were all such kind people and were so gracious when I met them and when we hung out! RIP Chris you have met your maker and I know he embraced you with open arms!

Upon a person or breeders death ,who gets the rights to the bloodlines? How does all that work

Really crazy about 2 Chris Sheltons. .

Welcome to the forum Erin475.

I'm telling you... I refuse to even drive THROUGH Oklahoma.
That place just scares me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back