OK OK - Clinton, WhtFem UP4909, 16-50, in creek under bridge, Jun'82

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by jules19osu, Apr 17, 2009.

1. jules19osu

jules19osu New Member

I would love your opinions, since you guys are great! :)

I came across this http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1156dftx.html as a possible match for http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1604.html.

I know the height and weight are off, but the Doe Network says the UID was obese. Does anyone consider someone who is 5' 8'' and 160lbs to be obese? That is semi-close to my height and weight and while I could certainly stand to lose a few pounds, I don't consider myself obese :). Not only that but identifyus.org describes her as "markedly obese". Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I already submitted to the ME on the UID since Carol's profile says she may have gone to Cordell, OK which is 15 minutes from where this UID was found and just 6 days apart from her missing date. She responded and said that to her knowledge these two had not been compared.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just curious what you guys think about the obese thing and the heights and weights?

2. Loading...

3. jessunlil

jessunlil MOO

I agree with you, I wouldn't consider someone 5'8" and 160 lbs to be obese.

At 5'1" the person most likely would fall into the obese category.
    I think something must be off with the Jane Does' height and weight.

This is definitely a match worth submission and consideration.

4. Cymro

Cymro New Member

5'8" and 163 is a BMI of 24.9 which is slightly heavy but within the normal range, not even overweight let alone obese. Even at 5'1", 163 is just barely obese (BMI of 30.8).

Clinton OK and Cordell OK are only 16 miles apart and the estimated date of death is two days after Snyder went missing.

I agree that the height would normally make this a rule out but everything else fits spectacularly well.

5. tatertot

tatertot Member

5'8" and in the 160s is definitely not obese, though the size 38D bra suggests a larger torso size (the 38" is the diameter of the torso, D is the actual cup size.) However, many women are wearing the wrong size bra and a woman who wears a 34" or 36" band will mistakenly go up a band size when she should be going up a cup size. (Just putting my prior lingerie retail experience to good use!)

I feel this is worth submitting. The height on Jane Doe could be incorrect but everything else matches and LE may have post-mortem photos that could at least give them a better idea of whether this is a match.

6. MadeaBecBec

MadeaBecBec "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's

Since the body was found in water, in Summertime, the bloating may have contributed to the appearance of "markedly" obese, don't y'all think? I know the ME probably took that into account, but, maybe not!!! Could she have just been big-boned? That will make a person weigh more, too!
    By my standards, 163 pounds is not obese, by any stretch of my imagination, not even if they're 4'5", LOL!! Sometimes the missing persons height and weight are estimated by a family member and not an exact and that could be wrong, Especially if the missing persons DL wasn't checked or the person didn't have one to go by......
    I think this is as close a match there is, especially with no reconstruction sketch! Glad you submitted these two!!
    Oh! I googled Color-Lite H32, here's what came up.. http://www.colorlites.com/ I wonder if Ms. Snyder was employed at a glass manufacturing business or someone in her family was???? Like Tiffanys, cola bottles, etc. Or she may have had a hobby craft?
    Here's a photo of Ms. Snyder!

Attached Files:

7. jules19osu

jules19osu New Member

Just wanted to bump this up. I have checked in with ME for an update a couple times, with no response. :-(

8. webrocket

webrocket New Member

9. webrocket

webrocket New Member

three rule outs now, but not Carol Snyder:

Elizabeth Theresa "Terri" Bishop 1961 Texas
    Dorothy Jean Howard 1960 Oklahoma
    Nelda Pinckney Unknown Oklahoma

10. CherBearSTL

CherBearSTL Member

Has anyone heard anything about this possible match? This has to be a strong possibility given the dates and the locations. I would be happy to submit again if is hasn't been sent since 2009.

11. Wanting2Help

Wanting2Help New Member

I think if this much time has gone by it should be submitted again if they haven't responded and its not listed as a rule out. I think it does sound like a stong possibility.

12. CherBearSTL

CherBearSTL Member

I just submitted this again to the person listed on the NamUS profile. Hopefully we get an answer in the near future.

13. CherBearSTL

CherBearSTL Member

I just got a response on this case:

I am so thankful that she responded. It sounds like she plans to attempt to get additional info. I will let you know if she sends any additional info in the future.

14. rats

rats Where is Justice for the Jane and John Does?

So, they added fingerprint info for this Jane Doe.

The rule out list is still these three people: