OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: from the screen shot I have, I would surmise that Daryn left because he was in a not so great relationship with someone, maybe being taken advantage of... (and I am ending that sentence with a preposition just because. ha!)

Ok, odd. I tried to edit and it just made a new post. sorry for the double.

I agree. Wasn't he supposed to move in with girlfriend and her baby soon after he disappeared? Maybe didn't know how to just say no and took off instead. I really think Gypsy is with him. IMO

I did very much get the feeling that Daryn's personal reality was probably a bit different from what was being represented by...the person spearheading the search effort. Which is a roundabout way of saying, I think he left of his own volition.

May of 2020 Daryn's mother posted to the "Find Daryn" Facebook group the following previously unreleased information:

"In August 2018 I received a phone call from the Hood River County Sheriff's Office in Oregon. A park ranger came across a makeshift campsite in very dense forest about 1/8 mile from a trail. At the campsite, they found a wallet with Daryn's drivers' license, a coat, hat, tent stakes, food wrappers, a small roller luggage bag. The only thing in the wallet was the license - no cash or credit cards. They searched the area for a couple days but no other evidence to solve the case. If you recall, Daryn's car was found at Mount Hood National Forest in June 2013. I notified the Oklahoma office with this information. This case is inactive.
So wherever Daryn is, he has no identification on him as being Daryn Collie."

She also added in a comment to this post:

"I could not identify the coat, hat, or luggage piece. It was a Clint Eastwood type hat and I have never seen Daryn wear anything like that."

I was in Triangle Fraternity with Daryn and just heard about his disappearance yesterday and while reading up on what happened I stumbled across this event that happened well after the thread here closed. I hope it can offer some clues. I couldn't find a way to post an update to the existing thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will check if there was a specific reason for thread closure to be found or we can reopen this one (however if you like to provide an update to a closed thread please hit the alert on this thread and highlight it to the WS staff, thanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304