Missing pregnant Shannon Watts body found, athorities believe they know where the bodies of her 2 children are located, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

GUILTY OK - Five Bever family members slain in their Broken Arrow home, 22 July 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by zwiebel, Jul 23, 2015.

1. HoneyWest

HoneyWest Well-Known Member

Guilty on all 6 counts!

EuTuCroquet? likes this.
  2. HoneyWest

3. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

4. HoneyWest

Now the jury will begin deliberations on the 5 first degree murder charges. Here is an article about what they heard for a psychologist today:

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=38170687

5. HoneyWest

6. Curious Me

Curious Me Long-Time Member

Thank You for the sentencing update. I guess I'm not too surprised he will be eligible for parole eventually because of his young age at the time of the crimes.

There's some interesting info about Michael in the news article. I remember he made some YouTube videos years ago, but I can't recall how he appeared in them. Was he as mentally challenged as the psychiatrist said? How did he get those head injuries as a small child?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagel...cle_8d86c9ed-16ee-56dc-b9a1-a06f2627b2ab.html

7. HoneyWest

8. HoneyWest

9. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Windmill Tilter

10. HoneyWest

11. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Sentencing delayed for Michael Bever; surviving sister 'terrified' at possibility of parole, according to letter

mikkismom, HoneyWest and bluesneakers like this.
  12. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Windmill Tilter

Judge Rules Michael Bever Will Serve 5 Life Sentences Consecutively

Bever's attorney Corbin Brewster said he was surprised by the ruling and that he disagrees with it, saying it goes against Supreme Court rulings and the wishes of six jurors that wrote a letter to the judge saying they believed Bever could be rehabilitated and urged for a concurrent sentence.

"This was a very strong verdict for life with parole. There are a group of jurors that submitted a letter to the judge saying this was our verdict, we want the sentences to run concurrent. They've come to both sentencing hearings in support of that ruling and that's not what we got today," Brewster said.

13. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? Marge Gunderson is my spirit animal.

Michael Bever gets five consecutive life sentences in slayings of five family members

“I’m very gratified by the ruling of Judge (Sharon) Holmes,” Kunzweiler said. “I think it’s exactly what she needed to do. I’ve said before: When do you want this guy living next door to you? I think her pronouncement kind of reflected the public safety concerns that I’ve always had.”

In a hearing Thursday morning that lasted less than 10 minutes, Holmes declined to offer a rationale on the sentence, as she had previously indicated she would. She simply read her decision and informed Bever of his appellate rights.

[​IMG]

14. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 On Time Out

Really? He thinks that he is going to wake up one day and ask his little brother a question? And he can't believe It happened? It happened because you did it. Your little brother will ask no questions again because you slaughtered him.
    What doesn't this man get about this? He is speaking about it like it was some awful accident.

HoneyWest and bluesneakers like this.
  15. HoneyWest

I do wonder why Judge Holmes didn't elaborate on her sentencing rationale. She took extra time to make the decision...what solidified it? She'll probably never say, but I would guess she went with the wishes of the surviving sister, CB.

bluesneakers likes this.