OK OK - Girl Scout Murders, Lori Farmer, 8, Michele Guse, 9, Doris Milner, 10, 1977 #2

Its assumed the reason he left the girls in their bags there on the dirt path was because the counselor Carla's alarm clock went off and she got up. The killer fled then, leaving the girls and the flashlight.

Fox Nation recently released a 4-part documentary. I am not a subscriber so I have not watched it but I might sign up for the free trial to watch. I did watch the Hulu doc when it came out earlier this year.

eta-I am now getting Fox Nation ads on WS-hmmmmm... I wonder why? :confused:

Fox Nation recently released a 4-part documentary. I am not a subscriber so I have not watched it but I might sign up for the free trial to watch. I did watch the Hulu doc when it came out earlier this year.

eta-I am now getting Fox Nation ads on WS-hmmmmm... I wonder why? :confused:
Use Firefox as your browser. In Firefox, use some of their privacy apps. I use UBlock Origin and Privacy Badger

One of the defense attorneys is still living and interviewed in the docu. He claims the glasses found in the cave with Hart's other possessions were taken from the "property room" at Camp Scott. Not true.

Lori Farmer's parents were very involved in prosecuting the case. Her dad knew (and still knows) the case and evidence very well. Today the case would probably be much easier to prosecute using more advanced DNA collection and storage. Hart was free for 10 months before he was caught. That's a lot of time to get rid of evidence and get a story lined up. It's interesting when the defense attorneys had Hart do a press conference, he wasn't wearing glasses, even though his eyesight was poor.

Defense was trying to "humanize" Hart by having a media interview. Hart was a convicted kidnapper and rapist who tried and almost succeeded in killing two women.

Last edited:

Lori Farmer, age 8. Murdered 13 June 1977
My Daughter Was Killed at Girl Scout Camp: How an Okla. Mom Seeks Justice 40 Years After Slaying

28836135_7c410ec1-3211-4078-a9e4-d50ecdbef2b2.jpeg

Michele Guse, age 9, Murdered 13 June 1977​

Photos of Michele Heather Guse - Find A Grave...

28836235_677512a5-1c98-4c54-9504-78dbbe9f4db4.jpeg

Doris Milner, age 10, Murdered 13 June 1977
Photos of Doris Denise Milner - Find A Grave...

Last edited:
In some ways, I wish Gene LeRoy Hart was still alive in prison. From watching this docu I get the impression there are things current investigators would like to ask him.

I would ask him why he took all three girls from the tent - two he had already killed.

The show gives a good idea of the layout of the camp, the crime scene and Harts mother’s home nearby, where he often stayed.

Its assumed the reason he left the girls in their bags there on the dirt path was because the counselor Carla's alarm clock went off and she got up. The killer fled then, leaving the girls and the flashlight.

I kept wondering where was he taking the bodies to?

ETA also the part about the flashlight being wrapped in duct tape & plastic so that only a fraction of a beam of light was emitted, now that freaked me out and still freaks me out!

I kept wondering where was he taking the bodies to?

ETA also the part about the flashlight being wrapped in duct tape & plastic so that only a fraction of a beam of light was emitted, now that freaked me out and still freaks me out!

Using tape to reduce the light beam was something done during World War II. It was required to be done to car headlights to reduce the possibility of enemy bombers homing in on targets during times of black-out. So it was something that anyone in the US would know about if they lived on the home front during the war years of 1941 - 1945.

Picture of

Gene Leroy “Sonny” Hart​

BIRTH 27 Nov 1943
Mayes County, Oklahoma, USA
DEATH 4 Jun 1979 (aged 35)
McAlester, Pittsburg County, Oklahoma, USA
BURIAL
Ballou Cemetery
Mayes County, Oklahoma, USA

Suspect in the 1977 Girl Scout Murders. His DNA cannot be excluded as a contributor to DNA found at the crime scene. Previously pled guilty of rape in 1966 of two (pregnant) teenagers, but he escaped from prison and was on the loose when the Girl Scout Murders occurred. Captured and returned to prison, he was serving time for his earlier convictions when he died in prison. His M.O. in the previous rapes was to use tape and tie victims to trees. This is similar to the Girl Scout Murders crime scene.

LINK:

I’m satisfied Hart is guilty but we will probably never know for sure. He died a natural death sooner than Oklahoma could have executed him had he been convicted (ain’t Karma a sometimes) so, in this case the failure of the investigation and prosecution didn’t matter.

There were some serious problems with the investigation and the case wasn’t really that strong. Since he was going to spend a long time for the earlier rape and escape convictions, it may have been ill advised to prosecute when they did. Of course no one could foresee advances in DNA.

I’m satisfied Hart is guilty but we will probably never know for sure. He died a natural death sooner than Oklahoma could have executed him had he been convicted (ain’t Karma a sometimes) so, in this case the failure of the investigation and prosecution didn’t matter.

There were some serious problems with the investigation and the case wasn’t really that strong. Since he was going to spend a long time for the earlier rape and escape convictions, it may have been ill advised to prosecute when they did. Of course no one could foresee advances in DNA.

The public pressure was too great to wait. They needed to find him and put him back behind bars. Most of the evidence was preserved and they were able to do some DNA testing. The results were fairly indicative, moreso when combined with all the other evidence. Some of the jurors admitted they knew he was guilty. They didn't want to face community pressure and knew he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison anyway..

I still don't get how exactly they figured that GLH didn't have an accomplice.
Cause with his previous reported assault and attempted double murder he was alone? - but those girls were significantly older than three little girls.
Cause a whitness came forward and told a story about GLH essentially inviting him to join the attack on very young girls (which he refused and got scared by him)? But how? Yeah, sure that confirms that he was sick enough to attack Lori, Michele and Denise. But this also puts in question if he was really set so hard on commiting his atrocities alone.
What about this damned footprint?
If they checked it so well and made 100% sure that nobody in the camp and nobody from people who arrived on the scene was wearing shoes that could leave that footprint why it got suddenly so irrelevant? Did they eventually concluded that they missed someone and that was accidental footprint made by someone who disturbed crime scene and kept lying about it till their death? Or figured that it could be GLH himself wearing shoes few sizes too small?

I just watched the People Magazine Investigates episode about these crimes. I think it was very well done and provided some information I wasn't previously aware of.

RIP beautiful children. I for one will never forget you and what you might have become.

I'm watching the People Magazine Investigates episode now. There is some new information

• Multiple weapons possibly used to bludgeon the girls, due to different wound patterns
  • Black tape found on Denise Milner's body
  • Each girl was bound, beaten and sexually assaulted (not new information, but clarifying old rumors - all the girls were SA)
  • High quality video and still photos of the actual evidence (flashlight, newspaper, glasses, masking tape from flashlight, shoeprints, etc. are all very helpful, hopefully putting an end to some old rumors.
  • Photos are shown of the injuries to victims GLH kidnapped, assaulted & raped in Tulsa in 1966. Very helpful in showing the similarities in those crimes and the GS murders.
  • Interesting that GLH's defense attorney admits people in the community protected GLH from LE, didn't cooperate and helped him hide. Didn't seem to matter that GLH was an escaped prisoner who had been convicted of kidnapping, attempted murder and SA against the 2 women in Tulsa
  • Defense claim that GLH left photos behind in Mayes Co jail when he escaped - no proof of that other than GLH's word
  • Story from a girl who claimed her brother and 2 friends committed the murders was discredited. She later claimed it was a lie. All had alibis and passed poly that they weren't there or involved.
  • NCMEC brought a group of experts to study the case file - local and state LE, FBI, behavior analysts, etc. DNA analysis of other suspects had zero matches. Only person with DNA consistent is GLH.
  • Gene's niece gives important testimony that another family member may have helped out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back