OK OK - Girl Scout Murders, Lori Farmer, 8, Michelle Guse, 9, Doris Milner, 10, 1977

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 11 years old when this happened, living in Tulsa. It was horrible. They didn't really notify the parents of the deceased in a good manner, as I recall. The campers were all bussed back to a Tulsa location where they left from. If your kid did not get off the bus, that meant your kid was dead. Scary, awful, on the news every day for weeks and weeks.

I was 11 years old when this happened, living in Tulsa. It was horrible. They didn't really notify the parents of the deceased in a good manner, as I recall. The campers were all bussed back to a Tulsa location where they left from. If your kid did not get off the bus, that meant your kid was dead. Scary, awful, on the news every day for weeks and weeks.
Oh for goodness sakes, please tell me this is not the case! Why ever would they have handled the notification of family in such a way? I have never heard of such a thing. That is inexcusable.

Arguing the DNA "evidence" "proves Hart did it" is remarkably wrong-headed, as it does nothing of the sort. Also, Hart was found innocent of charges by a murder jury - the best evidence that he was, in fact, not guilty of the crime.

And most courts give a jury verdict the highest respect, as it is the only time a group of citizens not involved in the case, is charged with hearing all the evidence and instructed how the law requires a decision to be made. I know we humans are far from perfect, but in a heart-wrenching, national case, I think most people try to do their very best.

Oh for goodness sakes, please tell me this is not the case! Why ever would they have handled the notification of family in such a way? I have never heard of such a thing. That is inexcusable.

This was 40 years ago. My memory may be faulty. If you have "the real" story, I will be fine saying I didn't remember correctly. There were no cell phones, long distance calls were a huge event, no texting. Used to be news had to spread. Now everyone just tries to post it first.

Arguing the DNA "evidence" "proves Hart did it" is remarkably wrong-headed, as it does nothing of the sort. Also, Hart was found innocent of charges by a murder jury - the best evidence that he was, in fact, not guilty of the crime.[/QUOTE]

Bolded by me...I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. The Casey Anthony trial clarified that one for me.

The FBI DNA testing done 12 years after the murder showed that there were only 7800 people that could have done the crime, including Hart. So although it wasn't conclusive, it certainly limited the gene pool. Remember DNA testing was still in its infancy back then. The more recent testing 2007/08, said that the samples were too old to determine anything.

Spend the hour and watch "Someone Cry For The Children" on youtube.

My last post on this topic too.

But Casey Anthony was not found innocent. Rarely does a court issue an "Innocence Order." She was found not guilty. All that may mean is the prosecutor thought the case was a slam-dunk and was too lazy in preparations. The prosecutor cannot just say someone is guilty. They have to prove it in a court of law, to a judge or jury.

I thought I heard that someone has evidence that it wasn't the indian that did the crime, and he knows who did. Has anyone heard of this?

Next time, try asking about the Indian gentleman or Mr. Hart. We all have a name.

Proud Cherokee, Choctaw, and Chickasha Indian raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma!

That is not true. The parents were notified by LE.

That is not true. The parents were notified by LE.

Actually, the parents were not notified by LE. The parents of the three murdered girls were notified by phone by an official from the Magic Empire Council. The were told there was an accident and their child was dead. LE had instructed that no details be given at that point. The rest of the parents did not know what was going on, but were instructed to pick up their children in Tulsa where the bus had returned them.

Ever heard of this case from Colorado?

Margaret Peggy Beck

Incident Date: 08/18/1963
Height:
UnknownWeight:
UnknownHair:
UnknownEyes:
UnknownRace: Caucasian

About this case: On August 18, 1963 Margaret "Peggy" Beck, a 16 year-old Girls Scout aide, was discovered dead at the Flying G Ranch Girl Scout Camp, near Deckers. Beck had been sleeping alone in a tent near many other campers. Beck had been sexually assaulted and strangled. Anyone with information regarding this case, is asked to please contact the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/index.html;jsessionid=73-siggp4zA2lhu46aMafg__

Actually, the parents were not notified by LE. The parents of the three murdered girls were notified by phone by an official from the Magic Empire Council. The were told there was an accident and their child was dead. LE had instructed that no details be given at that point. The rest of the parents did not know what was going on, but were instructed to pick up their children in Tulsa where the bus had returned them.
Thanks. Maybe I misunderstood one of the parents, but I was certain they did not notify them by waiting to see if their daughter did not get off the bus.

I hope they solve this case once and for all, cross the t's and dot the i's with the DNA they preserved of the killing scene
:(

I just read through a bunch of this thread, but had to skim here and there.

I don't think Doris Milner's LE father would have to be directly connected to Hart or any other suspect or POI for it to have been significant/singled her out. If she had time, she could have said something like "my dad's a PO and he'll come after you unless you leave us alone" or something to that effect.

I read one thread entry about the hair sample match. No one disputes it?

Anyone else feel the desire to watch Thunderheart after watching the SCFTC documentary?

Also, I don't recall reading anyone disputing the newspaper found in the flashlight and on/around this heart misanthrope. IIRC, that is pretty damning evidence if true.

I have only just discovered that there is an entire forum dedicated to these awful crimes. A lot of the members appear to be local people with reasonable knowledge of the area and the crimes - well worth a read, for anybody interested in this heartbreaking case.

http://girlscoutmurders.yuku.com/directory#.VxUKNIc-C9Z

It is not impossible that there will be justice for these three little girls and their families one day. God bless them all.

I was a girl Scout At Camp NOARK about an hour away when this happened , my grandparents came and gathered me up quickly , I am so glad we have a thread for this .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow