OK OK- Harold Snyder, 83, Heavener, Leflore County, 10 April 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Apr 14, 2019.

1. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    A Silver Alert has been issued for a missing 83-year-old man from LeFlore County.

Harold Snyder of Heavener, Oklahoma, went missing on Thursday (April 11) at 9:00 a.m., according to the LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office. He was supposed to make it home by 2 p.m. but never showed up.

Snyder suffers from dementia and is considered to be in danger of injury or death, deputies said.

He is described as a white male, 5’9″ tall, 160 pounds with blue eyes and gray hair. Snyder is wearing a black leather jacket with a large eagle on the back, blue jeans and cowboy boots.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call the LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office at (918) 647-2317.

Silver Alert Issued For 83-Year-Old LeFlore County Man

2. doodles1211

Family Speaks Out As Search For Missing Leflore County Man Continues

Eighty-three-year-old Harold Snyder went for walk with his dog in Runestone State Park after his breakfast Wednesday morning (April 10). Stephan Schneider, Snyder's son-in-law, said it wasn't that uncommon.

When he failed to return by Thursday (April 11), however, his family contacted Heavener police.

Volunteers from the community, the Leflore County Sheriff's Office and the Heavener Police Department scoured the state park and the town, where he was last seen walking near the First National Bank.

"There were search parties and they covered that mountain from the top to the bottom and we're really grateful for that," said Schneider.

Snyder's dog was located near the park, alone.

More at link...

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Bump, and also adding Mr. Snyder to my prayers.

4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Oh no, this is very scary...:( Although, I don't think he would have gotten into a vehicle without his dog, do you?

"Snyder's family also advised that he had recently been wanting to return to Oregon, where he grew up.

"They're really thinking somebody might have picked him up," said Stephan. "You know, saw an old man alongside the road and gave him a ride. And in his state of mind, we don't know where he would have told them where home was."

Runestone Park: Google Maps

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 1:24 AM
  5. doodles1211

I don't think he would leave his dog behind in a case like that. Unfortunately, he probably had some sort of medical issue while on his walk... imo. I hope I am wrong and he is found safe and sound!

TatianaBarbie, PommyMommy and KatzEye like this.
  6. doodles1211