OK - Homeowner hogties burglary suspect, calls police & heads to work

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by PoirotryInMotion, Jul 4, 2013.

1. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

"Denay Houston, the Tulsa homeowner's wife, said the incident began early Wednesday when she woke up to the sound of glass shattering in her daughter's bedroom, News On 6 reports. They found a folding chair inside the room.

The husband – who was not identified in reports but works with horses and reportedly knows his way around a rope – hid behind their front door and sprang out when the suspect, Robert Cole, 31, passed, the report said.

He managed to hogtie Cole and call police before leaving the scene for work, the report said.

"That's just the type of person he is, you know? That's just the type of person he is. Business is business. 'I got to take care of business, he's safe, the police are coming, I got to go,'" Houston told News9.com . "That's my man. I got adrenaline running through me like nobody's business right now, and being nine months pregnant doesn't help any."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/0...in-front/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn#ixzz2Y6rOd0gD

Gotta say, though, I’m wondering why the druggie broke the bedroom window, then came through the front door...

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214429"]OK - Intruder? Bum-rush him, hogtie him & leave him in the yard for the cops to find - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

4. PoirotryInMotion

PoirotryInMotion Registered Muser

Thanks, wfgodot! (Ran the search, but it didn't show this thread in Up to the Minute--just some older, similar ones in OH, etc.)