OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Jamisons themselves locked the truck.

Yeah, I would agree that because the truck was locked this - to me - means likely the family locked it, and I would even say that they were not being forced out of the truck if they locked. Although.... I guess it's possible that even if they were in danger the idea of a massive sum of cash being left in the car could still be enough to make them think about locking it.

Also, l think they knew their killer/killers.

I just watched the Buzzfeed Unsolved on this case and they quoted the then-sheriff saying that he thought they knew whoever got them out of the car. This makes me think he has some reason to think that.

First, thank you so much for responding. I replied earlier but mail was lost. I believe the Jamisons themselves locked the truck. They were planning to return "right back", explaining items being left. Also, l think they knew their killer/killers. As far as disposing of the truck, why? I used to own 25 acres near and people just don't pay attention of cars being left for awhile. The FBI did visit with some folks in Euaula, no answers. That area is strange to begin with and folks are far and few between. Again, thank you, annie

JMO
I am thinking they arranged to meet someone there to look at land that was "for sale" by this person. I have wondered if someone arranged to meet them there and claim they were selling some land and really just set them up.

I wondered if they had on them a bundle of other cash and the person took them out near where they were found and was showing them this "land for sale" that was all just a setup. They took their money and then thought it was all they had on them and they left.

Its either that or some form of suicide/murder of the whole family. The picture of the girl climbing the hills there could be when they were waiting on the person they were to meet.

Just guessing. It is a big mystery to this day. Wish it could be solved.

Hey everyone, my first post so I'm sorry if I end up re-hashing some things.

Like another poster, I watched the Buzzfeed unsolved episode on the Jamisons. Personally, I think the grandfather, Bobby Dean, is behind it, and ,yes, I know the police have ruled him out (although I am not entirely sure why- maybe someone in here knows).

The Buzzfeed episode said that the grandfather was a nut off his rocker, and that Bobby Dale had filed a restraining order on Bobby Dean after the second time Bobby Dean threatened to kill the family. Bobby Dale said his father tried to run him over with his truck and that Bobby Dale and his family were in constant fear for the lives from Bobby Dean.

Bobby Dean was also allegedly in with drugs and gangs- the same dangerous things the Jamisons are being accused of being involved with.

First, It's been somewhat established that someone the Jamison's knew would be the reason they would get out of the truck in the first place, Bobby Dean fits that bill. Second, for all that money to be left behind says to me (in my rookie experience) that whomever killed them (if we are operating under the theory that it is murder, and not suicide or accident) had no clue that money was in there. If Bobby Dean is the madmen he's being made out to be, he just wants the family dead and wouldn't know about the money, or if they were buying land or just getting fresh air up there. I am presuming that if you're scared for your life of someone, you aren't going to be telling them intimate details regarding land purchases, but what do I know?

The handgun was missing. Maybe Bobby Dale and Sherrilyn saw Bobby Dean and thought, "time to be armed."

There was a search party formed, and they searched. They found nothing. Yet a bit later their bodies are found 3 miles from their truck. Search parties tend to have a 5 mile radius, minimum. I think the bodies were absent from the search party, and placed their after the search was called off. They were also found side by side, face down. That's really hard to do if you're doing a murder-suicide. The suicide person can end up on their back, and not where they planned to fall (side by side).

Just my thoughts.

Like another poster, I watched the Buzzfeed unsolved episode on the Jamisons. Personally, I think the grandfather, Bobby Dean, is behind it, and ,yes, I know the police have ruled him out (although I am not entirely sure why- maybe someone in here knows).

The Buzzfeed episode said that the grandfather was a nut off his rocker, and that Bobby Dale had filed a restraining order on Bobby Dean after the second time Bobby Dean threatened to kill the family. Bobby Dale said his father tried to run him over with his truck and that Bobby Dale and his family were in constant fear for the lives from Bobby Dean.

Bobby Dean was also allegedly in with drugs and gangs- the same dangerous things the Jamisons are being accused of being involved with.

First, It's been somewhat established that someone the Jamison's knew would be the reason they would get out of the truck in the first place, Bobby Dean fits that bill. Second, for all that money to be left behind says to me (in my rookie experience) that whomever killed them (if we are operating under the theory that it is murder, and not suicide or accident) had no clue that money was in there. If Bobby Dean is the madmen he's being made out to be, he just wants the family dead and wouldn't know about the money, or if they were buying land or just getting fresh air up there. I am presuming that if you're scared for your life of someone, you aren't going to be telling them intimate details regarding land purchases, but what do I know?

The handgun was missing. Maybe Bobby Dale and Sherrilyn saw Bobby Dean and thought, "time to be armed."

There was a search party formed, and they searched. They found nothing. Yet a bit later their bodies are found 3 miles from their truck. Search parties tend to have a 5 mile radius, minimum. I think the bodies were absent from the search party, and placed their after the search was called off. They were also found side by side, face down. That's really hard to do if you're doing a murder-suicide. The suicide person can end up on their back, and not where they planned to fall (side by side).

Just my thoughts.

Just my thoughts.

More often than not, suspects are eliminated because their alibi checks out. The police obviously have 10x the information we do, so I am assuming they interviewed a ton of people and none of it led back to the father.

I will say I do think it's drug related and I know the father was allegedly involved with drugs, so maybe you're right. Such a strange case.

The picture of the child sitting on the rocks.
If you use image software to eliminate the shadowing in this picture it appears as though she has a dark bruise on her left chin and a raised welt on her left cheek. The welt appears to "fork out" at the end.

Anyone who looks at this picture and thinks it's normal has no experience with children.
The child is strongly distressed and scared shitless. Someone is instructing her to smile and pose for the picture....WTF

No disrespect, but this is a bit ridiculous to say.

We know they were missing/killed, of course you are going to have thoughts in your head of the child being distraught. People need to realize this is a picture, not a video. I could tell you the worlds funniest joke, you could laugh your *advertiser censored* off, but someone could get a picture of you looking like you're crying or upset. Pictures capture a millisecond. I have plenty of experience of being around children and it looks like she is laughing to me. People love jumping to conclusions.

No disrespect, but this is a bit ridiculous to say.

We know they were missing/killed, of course you are going to have thoughts in your head of the child being distraught. People need to realize this is a picture, not a video. I could tell you the worlds funniest joke, you could laugh your *advertiser censored* off, but someone could get a picture of you looking like you're crying or upset. Pictures capture a millisecond. I have plenty of experience of being around children and it looks like she is laughing to me. People love jumping to conclusions.
I agree with this.

I wonder if this case will ever be solved.

The picture of Madyson was taken the day *before* they disappeared. They went up there that day and looked around, and then went back the next day which is when they disappeared.

Iirc this info is from the Disappeared episode, and was verified by Sherilynn’s best friend.

My opinion of the picture hasn’t changed over the years. Nothing stands out to me. She looks like a 6 yr old that doesn’t want to take a picture. She’d rather be playing, climbing, jumping, doing her own thing. I have dozens of these pics on my phone of my kids, about the same age.

My opinion of the picture hasn’t changed over the years. Nothing stands out to me. She looks like a 6 yr old that doesn’t want to take a picture. She’d rather be playing, climbing, jumping, doing her own thing. I have dozens of these pics on my phone of my kids, about the same age.
I’ve always gone with the cult theory

More often than not, suspects are eliminated because their alibi checks out. The police obviously have 10x the information we do, so I am assuming they interviewed a ton of people and none of it led back to the father.

I will say I do think it's drug related and I know the father was allegedly involved with drugs, so maybe you're right. Such a strange case.

Being the holidays, l was talking with my ex-husband and why? I asked him how far our property was from where they found the Jamison's, not far. Anyway that evening l read all posts related to their disappearance. One thing sticks in my mind, who in the hell could kill a child, that important? So l concluded it was not Bobby's father, or associates. JMO. Bobby's father was crazy about Maydeson, left all to her in his will. Just sayin' and wondering. Thank you for reading my rant. Once in awhile l wonder about this unsolved mystery.

The picture of Madyson was taken the day *before* they disappeared. They went up there that day and looked around, and then went back the next day which is when they disappeared.

Iirc this info is from the Disappeared episode, and was verified by Sherilynn’s best friend.
No, it was the day of. I just watched the Disappeared episode. The investigator's used the GPS on the phone to piece the events together and on the day they went missing. They followed the info from the phone to rock where the picture was taken, then the GPS showed that the family went back to the truck, then whatever happened to them, happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74