OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always gone with the cult theory

The idea of a cult being behind this is certainly diving head-first into conspiracy theory - cults generally don't like killing their members (when it happens it's usually mass suicide) because it's bad for their reputation and business. You want to keep your members around and submissive as long as possible - that way they can contribute to the productivity of the cult. Most likely the family was involved in drugs, and/or possibly even committed murder/suicide.

This is a murder. They had dog hits. SJ seemed to write tons so if she killed all of them a note would have been left IMOO. BJ would not have walked 3 miles with a bad back. 500 feet would have created the same outcome for him. AGAIN MOO.

We are missing something I think. I do not remember if SJ'S cell records were released or the home phone records but BJ phone records were interesting and confusing.

So a lot of people say it can’t be murder because their money wasn’t taken.

A) Not all murder is motivated by money.
B) Maybe they met the murderer away from the truck and said murderer could not find the truck to steal the money. Whether they knew the murderer or not, this still works.

I believe B.

Was anything ever mentioned if a gun was found with the bodies. Because how could it be a murder suicide if there was no gun. Just wondering.
Awesome point and I don't know if there was one found. If not, then highly unlikely it was murder/suicide unless someone found the gun, took it, and then never reported the bodies. That's about the only scenario on that one.

I don't understand how some basic questions remain unanswered. Like, was there a gun found near them? Any bullet holes in their clothing and/or bones? I've spoken to people close to the Jamisons and they seem to be in the dark as well. Why so much mystery around this case?

Was anything ever mentioned if a gun was found with the bodies. Because how could it be a murder suicide if there was no gun. Just wondering.
No, there's never been any reports of a gun found with or near their bodies. If there had been a gun found, there's really no reason for LE to keep that secret as it would point to murder-suicide and easier on them to solve.

IIRC, there were never any bullets or shell casings found near their bodies either, is that correct? I remember when they found the remains that one of the skulls (I think BJ?) had a large hole in it likely from a shot...

Does anyone know if forensics ever came to definitive conclusion? It's just been such a long time..

Glad to see this thread coming back to life and it brings up a few things that may spark interest again.

First, the original sheriff left office and a new sheriff came aboard. Could info or priorities get lost or confused in the turnover?

Second, the original money was split between Bobby and Sherilynn. She kept hers in something like a briefcase. He kept his under the seat of the truck. LE never found the briefcase but did find the money in the truck. The killer/s may have assumed that all of the money was in the briefcase and didn't bother to look under the seat.

Third, most of the original searching was conducted on the same side of the mountain as the truck. Their remains were found on the other side of the mountain four years later.

Autopsy reports of Jamison family inconclusive

This is a case that I have followed/ researched extensively. I have reviewed the old threads posted here and for the most part was greatly disappointed. Alot of time and comments were irrelevant to the matters that could possibly solve the case.

The area by Red Oak that the family traveled to was a very remote area. Only someone with a prior history to this area would be familiar with the terrain. The Jamison's had isolated themselves in Eufaula, Oklahoma. The main opportunity to have interaction with others was when they spent time at Eufaula Lake.

Many people from different areas go there on a regular basis. The "regulars" are familiar with each other. I believe they were targeted by an individual they met there that had a long history of living in the Red Oak area. I feel like the Eufaula Lake should have been canvased by the OSBI or FBI. They should have interviewed the regulars who fished at the popular docks and the employees at the cafe. Was there a "regular" they saw the family interact with on a consistent basis. If so, did that individual have a connection to the Red Oak area?

Another thing that could have been done was after the disappearance of the family was there any former residents who just happened to be there suddenly that was asking questions about the disappearance of the family. Someone that hadn't been there in years. Red Oak is a very small town where everyone knows everyone. They would remember a former resident being around during that time frame. Many predators return to the scene and try to find out information about the investigation.

There were numbers on Bobby Jamison's phone log with odd locations or difficult to trace. Has anyone thought that they could have been communicating with someone who used a service such as OnStar? Was Sherilyn's phone log ever investigated if she did have her own cell phone. Not to be critical, but due to her unhappiness with her marriage/ depression/ mental health issues, she was the weak link in the family. She is the key to whomever targeted this family. The letter found in the truck seemed almost as if she had left it to be found by Bobby after she left with whomever they were going to meet.

Where did the briefcase go? Sherilyn was seen putting it in the truck prior to them going to Red Oak. It was never found. I think it contained money for a cash purchase of something. Some of the phone calls Bobby made prior to the family's disappearance were lengthy what was he discussing? ALSO, Bobby's phone records for the prior 90 days should have been reviewed for new numbers that he had not been previously calling. AGAIN, SHERILYN'S PHONE LOGS IF AVAILABLE MAY BE MORE IMPORTANT. WHOM WAS SHE CALLING IN THE WEEKS PRIOR TO THEM GOING TO RED OAK. How did they find out about this land that was supposedly for sale? Was it really for sale. I saw where the owner had a concrete slab poured prior to them going to see the land. Who pays for a concrete slab on a remote piece of land that they are trying to sell. I wonder whom the woman on the mountain that one thread stated Bobby was speaking to was connected with.

The most important things that could be done is to canvas the "regulars" and cafe employees at Eufaula Lake. Whom did the family interact with that they knew? Was there a change in that individual's behavior after the family disappeared, i.e., (use to fish there regularly but after the family disappeared quit coming to fish). Canvas the Red Oak Community. Who, that use to live there, appeared suddenly and was curious about the investigation. Red Oak is a small town with one police officer, Bob Kuykendal, who has an assistant David Cogburn. Did anyone who use to live there show up and maybe asked him what was going on? Bob has been the only police officer there for almost 40 yrs. A former resident would feel very comfortable talking to him about what's going on.

I'm from Oklahoma. I find it unacceptable that an entire family can disappear then be found dead all together years later. In an area that was not that far away. Keep in mind after the truck was discovered abandoned, HUNDREDS OF VOLUNTEERS CAME to help search by foot, on horses, on ATVS, and drones were used. Canines were used also and they couldn't trace and find the family. Has a profile ever been created on whom may have did this? I am hoping to establish a thread that is more relevant as to what is needed to solve this case. Not dozens of posts on one picture and how the clothes were too little or not.

I wish Kelly Siegler and her team from Cold Justice would investigate this case thoroughly. This family needs justice. I am very interested in this case and again hope this new thread will spark renewed interest. I heard that a private individual on the website S.T.A.L.K. does profiles when there is no other profile available. He has been featured in documentaries such as the Killing Season. It was actually experienced websleuths who assisted in obtaining several breakthroughs on that documentary.

This case needs the assistance of the excellent websleuths featured on that documentary. Come on guys don't give up on this case. This family being murdered demands answers and justice.

This is a case that I have followed/ researched extensively. I have reviewed the old threads posted here and for the most part was greatly disappointed. Alot of time and comments were irrelevant to the matters that could possibly solve the case.

The area by Red Oak that the family traveled to was a very remote area. Only someone with a prior history to this area would be familiar with the terrain. The Jamison's had isolated themselves in Eufaula, Oklahoma. The main opportunity to have interaction with others was when they spent time at Eufaula Lake.

Many people from different areas go there on a regular basis. The "regulars" are familiar with each other. I believe they were targeted by an individual they met there that had a long history of living in the Red Oak area. I feel like the Eufaula Lake should have been canvased by the OSBI or FBI. They should have interviewed the regulars who fished at the popular docks and the employees at the cafe. Was there a "regular" they saw the family interact with on a consistent basis. If so, did that individual have a connection to the Red Oak area?

Another thing that could have been done was after the disappearance of the family was there any former residents who just happened to be there suddenly that was asking questions about the disappearance of the family. Someone that hadn't been there in years. Red Oak is a very small town where everyone knows everyone. They would remember a former resident being around during that time frame. Many predators return to the scene and try to find out information about the investigation.

There were numbers on Bobby Jamison's phone log with odd locations or difficult to trace. Has anyone thought that they could have been communicating with someone who used a service such as OnStar? Was Sherilyn's phone log ever investigated if she did have her own cell phone. Not to be critical, but due to her unhappiness with her marriage/ depression/ mental health issues, she was the weak link in the family. She is the key to whomever targeted this family. The letter found in the truck seemed almost as if she had left it to be found by Bobby after she left with whomever they were going to meet.

Where did the briefcase go? Sherilyn was seen putting it in the truck prior to them going to Red Oak. It was never found. I think it contained money for a cash purchase of something. Some of the phone calls Bobby made prior to the family's disappearance were lengthy what was he discussing? ALSO, Bobby's phone records for the prior 90 days should have been reviewed for new numbers that he had not been previously calling. AGAIN, SHERILYN'S PHONE LOGS IF AVAILABLE MAY BE MORE IMPORTANT. WHOM WAS SHE CALLING IN THE WEEKS PRIOR TO THEM GOING TO RED OAK. How did they find out about this land that was supposedly for sale? Was it really for sale. I saw where the owner had a concrete slab poured prior to them going to see the land. Who pays for a concrete slab on a remote piece of land that they are trying to sell. I wonder whom the woman on the mountain that one thread stated Bobby was speaking to was connected with.

The most important things that could be done is to canvas the "regulars" and cafe employees at Eufaula Lake. Whom did the family interact with that they knew? Was there a change in that individual's behavior after the family disappeared, i.e., (use to fish there regularly but after the family disappeared quit coming to fish). Canvas the Red Oak Community. Who, that use to live there, appeared suddenly and was curious about the investigation. Red Oak is a small town with one police officer, Bob Kuykendal, who has an assistant David Cogburn. Did anyone who use to live there show up and maybe asked him what was going on? Bob has been the only police officer there for almost 40 yrs. A former resident would feel very comfortable talking to him about what's going on.

I'm from Oklahoma. I find it unacceptable that an entire family can disappear then be found dead all together years later. In an area that was not that far away. Keep in mind after the truck was discovered abandoned, HUNDREDS OF VOLUNTEERS CAME to help search by foot, on horses, on ATVS, and drones were used. Canines were used also and they couldn't trace and find the family. Has a profile ever been created on whom may have did this? I am hoping to establish a thread that is more relevant as to what is needed to solve this case. Not dozens of posts on one picture and how the clothes were too little or not.

I wish Kelly Siegler and her team from Cold Justice would investigate this case thoroughly. This family needs justice. I am very interested in this case and again hope this new thread will spark renewed interest. I heard that a private individual on the website S.T.A.L.K. does profiles when there is no other profile available. He has been featured in documentaries such as the Killing Season. It was actually experienced websleuths who assisted in obtaining several breakthroughs on that documentary.

This case needs the assistance of the excellent websleuths featured on that documentary. Come on guys don't give up on this case. This family being murdered demands answers and justice.

I know the money was still in the truck , and their wallets and the dog , so not sure if it really was a murder , but in those hills I would be terrified to run upon a meth trailer or something I know the autopsy was inconclusive but were there any broken bones ?

I've watched some documentaries and listened to podcasts about this tragic case.

Part of the reason for seemingly irrelevant posts is that people can only discuss with what information they have at hand.

And sometimes, a comment is posted that leads in a different direction altogether.
Certainly it'd help to know who they conversed with on their phones.

Wonder why LE didn't follow up on those ? It's the best clues so far.

Have they ever dug up and looked under the concrete that was poured before the Jamison's went out to the property 'for sale' ?
Seems so odd to do that-- as if the owners of the land were hiding something.
I'd never heard about that bit in the docs or podcasts.

BJ's Father died a couple of months after the family went missing. Who were the surviving inheritors of the Father's estate ?
Snipped by me from The Oklahoman ( dated November 2013):
Jamison family was threatened by relative before vanishing, records show

Jack Jamison, Bobby Jamison's uncle, was questioned by the FBI. Jack Jamison was named as the executor of Bob Dean Jamison's will on Oct. 27, 2008.

“Madyson Jamison was named the sole beneficiary of her grandfather's estate at that time, cutting out Bobby Jamison and Bob Dean Jamison's ex-wife, Starlet Jamison.”

Lots of interesting little tidbits in that article I’d forgotten about. Such as the guy that lived with them that had put a gun to Bobby’s head before moving out, only lived (maybe still lives?) a 1/4 mile away from where their vehicle was found....
That’s just one hinky example.

I've watched some documentaries and listened to podcasts about this tragic case.

Part of the reason for seemingly irrelevant posts is that people can only discuss with what information they have at hand.

And sometimes, a comment is posted that leads in a different direction altogether.
Certainly it'd help to know who they conversed with on their phones.

Wonder why LE didn't follow up on those ? It's the best clues so far.

Have they ever dug up and looked under the concrete that was poured before the Jamison's went out to the property 'for sale' ?
Seems so odd to do that-- as if the owners of the land were hiding something.
I'd never heard about that bit in the docs or podcasts.

I could be wrong but I remember there being something about them wanting to live in a storage container on the lot which could explain what the concrete was laid for prior to their visit. I think it’s mentioned in the article from the Oklahoman I linked above. Just not sure if it was ever verified or not.

I could be wrong but I remember there being something about them wanting to live in a storage container on the lot which could explain what the concrete was laid for prior to their visit. I think it’s mentioned in the article from the Oklahoman I linked above. Just not sure if it was ever verified or not.
I am glad there is still interest in the Jamisons. I have bounced so many ideas of what, why and when this crime occurred. Main thoughts on the child and the way the bodies were placed. I could go on and on but.... thank you for listening.

I remember hearing about this case...It was astonishing that the family vanished...I didn't realize they were found and it was still a cold case...

Did someone else want to buy that land? Was there a dispute within the landowner's family about him selling the lot...Or was a neighbor upset??

With the money left in the vehicle robbery doesnt seem like the motive...

If LE checks phone records, they should check email and Google search history to...

I am glad there is still interest in the Jamisons. I have bounced so many ideas of what, why and when this crime occurred. Main thoughts on the child and the way the bodies were placed. I could go on and on but.... thank you for listening.

I would be grateful to hear every detail of what you're thinking. There was so much information about what happened right before they disappeared, and then, after the bodies were found - so little. I figured that local LE would have a suspect by now. It's very strange.

So...wikipedia says no cause of death. Hmmm. That means no blunt force trauma and no bullets that grazed bone (if the forensic anthropologists did their jobs - and I bet they did).

So...homicide or suicide? Why would they pack up their truck and take money if they were going to kill themselves? Seems really doubtful to me. They were paranoid, not suicidal.

Also, weren't the three bodies found laid out in similar fashion, side by side? That does not say suicide to me.

Methods of killing them without leaving marks on the bones are pretty numerous. Strangulation comes to mind. Controlling two adults would be difficult, but possible. The bodies seem to have been lined up after death. I think. Anyway, this cold case deserves attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member