OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Did we learn anything from the ID program that we did not previously know or suspect? Any avenues for sleuthing?

I personally had not read anything about the water tank and the dogs repeatedly alerting to it.

I also had not heard that Sherilyn shot at the "handyman"'s feet. (I use quotes around handyman because I don't know what he actually was to the Jamisons. Who has a handyman?? There's much more to that story, I firmly believe.)

I was also fascinated by the video camera footage. They didn't show enough of it, in my opinion, but it was definitely odd how Bobby and Sherilyn didn't even look at each other while making all of those trips back and forth. If my husband and I behaved that way towards each other, you can bet we're in the middle of a HUGE and very nasty argument. Maybe this is how they had been acting towards each other for awhile, though. (And if so, that's no way to live.)

If Sherilyn was that angry with Bobby (angry enough to write a very long letter full of hate, as the sheriff put it), why would she want to move off the grid with him? To sequester herself even more with a person that she can't stand?

I noticed the neighbors name was not mentioned. I would liked to seen a few more interveiws of people.

The guy who talked to them on the mountain. The church couple who was supposed to go with them on the mountain that day. The pastor who said all the demon stuff. And the ex room mate. There are alot of people who could have spoken with the show. It made me wonder if they didnt want to or they were not asked to.

That information and those people really could have made seem like things have been looked into. It could verify some information and make it seems less like the Sheriff agaisnt the world. I feel bad for the sheriff in a weird way. He has alot on his shoulders

Filling his position while the last two sheriffs corrupted his departments image and all the responsibilies of his job plus the preasure of one of the weirdest missing persons cases I have ever heard AND the less then productive reputation of OKLA LE.

Soul, I really pray the FBI and the sheriff are keeping an eye on the "handyman." Even the sheriff said he thinks someone DROVE up there! Which means...to me, anyway, the mountain man is not being truthful.

MOO!

To me, it looked like the Jamisons were just WALKING back and forth to the truck. I did not see any "trance like" movement. It is possible they were looking for a misplaced item, which would make them think it was in the truck. I have done it myself! Back and forth. Back and forth, looking.

I realize we didn't see the whole video. But there was nothing that unusual about their behavior.

I agree; there wasn't a way to tell if they were in a "trance" or not in that video, especially with the jumpy nature of surveillance cameras. I think it IS odd, though, that they made that many trips back and forth...if they were packing things for the trip it would be one thing, but their truck was chock full of garbage and junk...there were shots of the big rocks in the truck bed last night, as well...just so strange all around. I do not think their minds were well.

Bobby's mom was at a loss for words about her son seeing "spirits." It seems to me Bobby would have mentioned the "spirits" to his mom. I was really surprised at her response. Now it makes me think the "spirit" story is a farse!!

MOO

Okay, on the "spirits on the roof" issue, on the one hand, we have NS's FtJ podcast thing, saying a third party was present during that conversation with the preacher and that Bobby was joking, according to the third party.

But if that's true, that leads to the question, What sort of person jokes to a preacher about seeing spirits on his roof to the extent that he sells the story and the preacher believes it and is concerned enough by it to report it when interviewed by LE?

Too much bad craziness here. The money in the truck underscores the hinkiness of the atmosphere.

I'm still leaning towards murder/suicide, but looking at the situation from all angles: what if the briefcase contained drugs (meth)? It's possible that Bobby thought he'd kill two birds with one stone and meet someone while looking at property in a remote location to make a deal. He did tell Sherilyn that he knew where he could get money, but that he wouldn't tell her how as not to implicate her. What if it was a classic drug deal gone wrong: Bobby (or all three) got out (with the gun and briefcase) to make the swap; persons unknown decided it would be much easier to take the drugs without paying and do away with them? Does anyone know when Bobby made the statement about how he could get some money? Was it Star who quoted him as saying that?

I'm still leaning towards murder/suicide, but looking at the situation from all angles: what if the briefcase contained drugs (meth)? It's possible that Bobby thought he'd kill two birds with one stone and meet someone while looking at property in a remote location to make a deal. He did tell Sherilyn that he knew where he could get money, but that he wouldn't tell her how as not to implicate her. What if it was a classic drug deal gone wrong: Bobby (or all three) got out (with the gun and briefcase) to make the swap; persons unknown decided it would be much easier to take the drugs without paying and do away with them? Does anyone know when Bobby made the statement about how he could get some money? Was it Star who quoted him as saying that?

Connie Kokotan, Sherilyn Jamison's mother, now wonders about a comment Bobby made last summer [in 2009].

"They were having financial trouble," said Kokotan, 59, of Midwest City. "Bobby told Sherilyn, 'I know where I can get the money, but I won't involve you.' But if they were involved in drugs, I never saw any."

Kokotan lived with the family between March and June last year.

http://www.allbusiness.com/crime-law-enforcement-corrections/law-police-forces/14388718-1.html

It would be interesting reading and maybe insightful if those of you interested/heavily involved in this case could post your theories. I just can’t help but think that they were lured somehow to that mountain.
Am I correct in understanding they went up there the day before and kind of got lost then returned the next day?
Also I am interested in the money. Does anyone know if the money was loosely shoved in the bag or was it in bundles as the show depicted?
Just an observation that video surveillance looked like a couple walking back and forth heads some what down as if looking for lost keys or something that might have been dropped on the ground not necessarily a trance/drug state imo. Of course we didn’t see the full video.
What really has me scratching my head is the link to the journal/notebook Sherilynn kept. Why was it in the vehicle? Does anyone know what the last entries were?
Not that this really matters but I find it interesting that the still pictures of the inside of the home seemed pretty organized when taken and but yet the vehicle seemed really cluttered just goes against my theory lol mess car mess home. Which I would fall into the give it a lick and promise category.
Anyway, have checked in on this case off and on for the past year and just can’t understand all the strange circumstance around the three of them just disappearing.

I'm watching the show again, and there's one more thing I don't think I knew: I Sheriff Beauchamp hired psychologists to look at the surveillance footage, and they all came to the conclusion "that they were on some type of drug." I wonder who these psychologists were, and why they came to that conclusion, exactly.

Also, upon watching the show again, I was startled to see that there is indeed more than one male going back and forth from the truck to the house, unless at one point Bobby changed t-shirts. There is a male in a white t-shirt and a male in a grey t-shirt, and they don't appear to have the same build and hair color. Who is this man?

ETA: Thank you for the link, wfgodot!

That's a good question about Sherilyn's journals being in the truck, Tammie.

So...any mention on last night's show of a reward being offered by the family yet?

One last thing before I quit my yappin': has it been 100% verified that the keys were NOT locked in the truck and are also missing?

It would be interesting reading and maybe insightful if those of you interested/heavily involved in this case could post your theories. I just can’t help but think that they were lured somehow to that mountain.
Am I correct in understanding they went up there the day before and kind of got lost then returned the next day?
Also I am interested in the money. Does anyone know if the money was loosely shoved in the bag or was it in bundles as the show depicted?
Just an observation that video surveillance looked like a couple walking back and forth heads some what down as if looking for lost keys or something that might have been dropped on the ground not necessarily a trance/drug state imo. Of course we didn’t see the full video.
What really has me scratching my head is the link to the journal/notebook Sherilynn kept. Why was it in the vehicle? Does anyone know what the last entries were?
Not that this really matters but I find it interesting that the still pictures of the inside of the home seemed pretty organized when taken and but yet the vehicle seemed really cluttered just goes against my theory lol mess car mess home. Which I would fall into the give it a lick and promise category.
Anyway, have checked in on this case off and on for the past year and just can’t understand all the strange circumstance around the three of them just disappearing.

Hi Tammie, I also noticed how clean the house was vs. how cluttered the truck was. What I noticed is that in photos and video of the family before they went missing, the house is extremely cluttered and in disarray. I think that their house was definitely cleaned and straightened prior to having a camera crew in there.

I wish we could see the journals!

No. No mention of a reward. Starlet wanted help to find her family and would do anything.

Except offer a reward.

Hey, if a wonderful mod type person comes along, we're about ready for a new thread!

(And a dreams/visions/tarot cards thread, too, in the Parking Lot or wherever they put those things.)

One last thing before I quit my yappin': has it been 100% verified that the keys were NOT locked in the truck and are also missing?

Keys, I believe, were found in the truck, but not keys to the truck; they are missing.

I'm watching the show again, and there's one more thing I don't think I knew: I Sheriff Beauchamp hired psychologists to look at the surveillance footage, and they all came to the conclusion "that they were on some type of drug." I wonder who these psychologists were, and why they came to that conclusion, exactly.

Also, upon watching the show again, I was startled to see that there is indeed more than one male going back and forth from the truck to the house, unless at one point Bobby changed t-shirts. There is a male in a white t-shirt and a male in a grey t-shirt, and they don't appear to have the same build and hair color. Who is this man?

ETA: Thank you for the link, wfgodot!

I noticed that t shirt thing too. I also looked to see what he was reported to be wearing on his missing poter and it was not there. I also couldnt tell if they were acting odd because the footage is crappy.

I couldnt tell if it was the same person or not. I dont understand how psychologists can tell people are on drugs with such a crappy video and not having ever met them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy