OK - Jody Minjarez, 7 mos, Norman, 19 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

he wasn't dead, instead of seeking help he just bags him up and tosses him? omg..... I cant even. that poor baby. he just HAD to "get her" didn't he?

" A man arrested after an infant was found dead reportedly told police the child was dead a week before he was arrested..............he reportedly put the boy on a mattress next to a heater and during the night, woke up and found the boy with several blisters on his face.....................Minjarez reportedly woke up and found the infant gurgling with bubbles around his mouth and unresponsive.''

He tried to make it seem 'accidental' but ME found blunt force trauma. HATE!

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/nat...ber-alert-was-dead-a-week-before-he-was-found

Welp, I finally found a story that caused me to need a break from here. I hope he is severely abused daily for the rest of his life in prison.

Why do women get into relationships with these kinds of men in the first place? Why do they have babies with them? Are nice guys too uncool, wimpy, nerdy or dorky to be romantic interests? Women need to have much higher standards for themselves unless they want to be miserable and then make babies who are also harmed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I think it usually boils down to self esteem. Women who lack it tend to put up with men who are worthless and treat them like they are worthless because the women actually believe they aren’t worthy of more.

I can’t say it enough...parents, make sure your girls grow up knowing how valuable they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the ending I had hoped for. People can be so sick. Rip sweet little one.

" A man arrested after an infant was found dead reportedly told police the child was dead a week before he was arrested..............he reportedly put the boy on a mattress next to a heater and during the night, woke up and found the boy with several blisters on his face.....................Minjarez reportedly woke up and found the infant gurgling with bubbles around his mouth and unresponsive.''

He tried to make it seem 'accidental' but ME found blunt force trauma. HATE!

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/nat...ber-alert-was-dead-a-week-before-he-was-found

I keep writing and deleting my post. :tears: Let's just say that we sometimes get lucky when a parent takes their child and goes on the run and sometimes we don't. This was one of the unlucky times.

That said... there is a flaw in a system where LE is prevented from acting aggressively in a case where a child is taken after a violent episode of any nature. Just because the mother said she didn't believe Minjarez would harm Jody that should not be a reason for taking a "wait and see" position. The law needs to stipulate that any child abduction by a parent after they assault the main caretaker requires immediate rescinding of any and all parental rights until the child is found. Period.

IMO screw the rights of mother, father, guardian or whoever when assault is involved. :mad:

Earlier this week, an Amber Alert had been issued for the baby. Norman Police Department public information officer Sarah Jensen confirmed the child's mother obtained a victim protective order (VPO) against Minjarez four days after he allegedly beat her inside a Norman home and threatened to cut her head off.

Minjarez then took off with their child; however, Jensen told News 4, from a legal perspective, he still had rights as the father of the baby. The VPO was not served until after he was arrested, because the Oklahoma City home listed as the address was vacant.

Mark Opgrande with the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office said they attempted to deliver the VPO on February 27. His agency has delivered about 500 VPOs so far in 2018.
When asked why an Amber Alert was not issued earlier than this week, Jensen told News 4 there had to have been an abduction to do so. She told us the mother did not think Minjarez would hurt the baby.

http://kfor.com/2018/03/08/who-can-...7-month-old-found-in-northwest-oklahoma-city/

Our local news this morning said the sperm donee is talking and revealed a horrible death. The news station would not go into details because they knew children could be watching and others would find it very disturbing. Www.newson6.com.

Sometimes these guys come on like Prince Charming until they feel they own you. It’s hard to break away from an abuser. Laws are still inadequate to protect the abused.

Sometimes these guys come on like Prince Charming until they feel they own you. It’s hard to break away from an abuser. Laws are still inadequate to protect the abused.

I doubt he has ever been a Prince Charming. His record alone would have been enough to keep most women far far away

This would qualify for the death penalty yes?

This would qualify for the death penalty yes?

I would say yes. The only circumstance that could be used to seek the death penalty is “The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel”

The fact that he told investigators the baby was making gurgling noises just might seal his fate.

http://deathsentences.wp.drake.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/76/2015/02/Morales.pdf
e4d3564f7c3a0e2eafa8d856df05da54.jpg

Oh my, poor baby. :( I was really praying for a better outcome than this. How awful. :(

I think it usually boils down to self esteem. Women who lack it tend to put up with men who are worthless and treat them like they are worthless because the women actually believe they aren’t worthy of more.

I can’t say it enough...parents, make sure your girls grow up knowing how valuable they are!

No, I’m sorry, that excuse is no longer doing it for me.

Your life sucked..... your child’s life also must suck? Nope not buying that. You make your life AND your child’s life better. You just do, using whatever skills and life lessons you’ve been handed. You just do....

NORMAN, Okla. — The Cleveland County District Attorney’s Office is explaining their reasoning why a temporary emergency custody request was declined during efforts to find a missing baby.
According to the Norman Police Department, Minjarez violently assaulted the baby’s mother on February 19 and then fled with their child that same day. Sarah Jensen with the Norman Police Department confirms they requested the Department of Human Services (‘DHS’) petition the courts for a temporary emergency custody (‘TEC’) on March 1.

However, Cleveland County assistant District Attorney Travis White said a TEC meant the baby would have gone into DHS custody. From a legal perspective, he said actions by their office were limited.

“The first preference by the law is to have a legal caregiver, a family member or a parent to take custody,” said White. “Because there was an available legal caregiver involved, somebody other than DHS to care for the child, DHS was instructed to tell them [police] you have the opportunity to take that child into custody and you should do so.”
February 19, 2018: The victim, the mother of 7-month-old Jody Minjarez, reports to the Norman Police Department that she was assaulted by 31-year-old Victor Minjarez and left the residence with the child. The victim reported that she expected Victor Minjarez to return with Jody like he did the last time an incident of this nature occurred.
February 23, 2018: Detectives conduct an interview of the victim. The victim informs the detective that she has obtained a VPO. A Cleveland County Judge ordered the return of the child to the victim on the VPO. During the interview, the victim stated that she did not believe Jody to be in danger, and that Minjarez had taken him in the past for approximately five days before returning him. Detectives made several attempts to locate Minjarez and Jody without success.

http://kfor.com/2018/03/09/clevelan...y-custody-request-denied-in-amber-alert-case/

More at the link. Re: the bolded parts - what a miserable life these parents gave Jody. Then beaten to death by his father and tossed in a trash can like garbage. :furious:

This is really sad. Why didn't the mum go for the protection order the day of the assault. O/T but my 16 year old daughter got punched in the face by her boyfriend, but it wasn't a normal punch because he clenched a door key and poked the pointy end through his middle 2fingers. So when he punched her face the key nearly went straight through her face. We went straight A+E and I got a restraining order off the police and got a non molestation order from domestic violence people the .very next day.

I am a very independent woman and have brought my daughters up to be that too. I have found out so much that was going on between them and just can't understand how she has ended up like this. I'm taking her counseling Monday for building self esteem and confidence.
I won't let my daughter end up like some of the women on here.
Prayers for this sweet baby.

No, I’m sorry, that excuse is no longer doing it for me.

It’s not an “excuse”. I have watched it over and over and over again. It was once my reality as well. I dated far too many men who I never should have because I lacked confidence in myself. “Why would a guy who is nice and successful want me?” People make bad life decisions when they lack confidence. Add a lack of education and support to that and you have a train wreck waiting to happen.

Your life sucked..... your child’s life also must suck? Nope not buying that. You make your life AND your child’s life better. You just do, using whatever skills and life lessons you’ve been handed. You just do....

I’m not sure if this post was also in response to my comment or not, but if it was, I in no way am saying if your life sucks then so should your child’s.

Lack of self confidence does not mean your life sucks at all. It simply means for one reason or another, you feel inadequate. That could be due to parents with very high expectations who cause you to feel like a failure when you don’t meet them, parents who are emotionally unavailable, etc.

I think most people want a better life for their children than they had, but I also know that some of those people don’t have the tools to make that happen.

This is really sad. Why didn't the mum go for the protection order the day of the assault. O/T but my 16 year old daughter got punched in the face by her boyfriend, but it wasn't a normal punch because he clenched a door key and poked the pointy end through his middle 2fingers. So when he punched her face the key nearly went straight through her face. We went straight A+E and I got a restraining order off the police and got a non molestation order from domestic violence people the .very next day.

I am a very independent woman and have brought

my daughters up to be that too. I have found out so much that was going on between them and just can't understand how she has ended up like this. I'm taking her counseling Monday for building self esteem and confidence.
I won't let my daughter end up like some of the women on here.
Prayers for this sweet baby.

Good for you! Sometimes no matter what we do as parents, our kids make poor decisions. It is our responsibility to guide and support them through it. They need to know we still love them and that their mistakes do not define them or cause us to look at them differently. Mistakes are a necessary part of life, when we learn from them, they cause our lives to improve and us to mature.

Hang in there, mom, she’ll get through this. (Particularly since she has an awesome mama [emoji6])

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back