Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

Bumping for Tamara, today marks the 40th anniversary since she was first discovered in Oklahoma, I’m confident that there will be justice for her by the end of this year.

RIP Tamara, though your identity came back to you, justice will come back to you.

Looking at it now, I think that Tamara wanted to divorce due to her husband’s biker gang nature and either wanted to expose his actions or he simply got mad at her as (I’m just speculating) she may have been the one that provided the financial part to her relationship.

Maybe she was kidnapped, killed and transported to OK by his gang, and he sold her name and SS info to the Ohio woman.

It’s also possible that he filled the MP report to make the authorities think that he’s involved. As for the tattoo, maybe a member of the biker gang was a tattoo artist and she may have got it by late 1979, as she didn’t seem to be uncomfortable with his husbands association to this group, it’s possible that he has a similar tattoo as things looked good before the divorce. The person who did the tattoo didn’t come forward due to their knowledge of the victim and it was distributed in newspaper and I think on tattoo magazines.

Just IMO.

Last edited:
EHY4MIJ6X5BNFJ52JJ7JC47DPM.jpg

This undated military photo and artist rendering by the DNA Doe Project provided by the Oklahoma County, Okla., Sheriff's Office shows Tamara Lee Tigard. Oklahoma County Sheriff's Capt. Bob Green said Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, that DNA testing and dental records were used to determined a body discovered in 1980 in Jones, Okla., is that of Tigard, who was last known to have lived in Las Vegas. (Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office via AP)

LINK:
Body of ‘Lime Lady’ found in 1980 is identified as soldier

EHY4MIJ6X5BNFJ52JJ7JC47DPM.jpg

This undated military photo and artist rendering by the DNA Doe Project provided by the Oklahoma County, Okla., Sheriff's Office shows Tamara Lee Tigard. Oklahoma County Sheriff's Capt. Bob Green said Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, that DNA testing and dental records were used to determined a body discovered in 1980 in Jones, Okla., is that of Tigard, who was last known to have lived in Las Vegas. (Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office via AP)

LINK:
Body of ‘Lime Lady’ found in 1980 is identified as soldier

Glad that she could claim her identity! RIP Tamara

As mentioned in other posts, Tamara's case has become on open murder case at this point. I do not know what leads or paths the investigators are following, but it would make sense to keep an open mind about various scenarios and possibilities.

I am still wondering if Tamara was on active duty when she went missing in March 1980, or if she had separated from the service. If she had separated, was she still in contact with her old base or with Army acquaintances? Did any other Army personnel go missing around that same time and area?

As mentioned in other posts, Tamara's case has become on open murder case at this point. I do not know what leads or paths the investigators are following, but it would make sense to keep an open mind about various scenarios and possibilities.

I am still wondering if Tamara was on active duty when she went missing in March 1980, or if she had separated from the service. If she had separated, was she still in contact with her old base or with Army acquaintances? Did any other Army personnel go missing around that same time and area?

I remember that a timeline was posted on one of the threads of Tamara's case, and it seems that she wasn't active on the Army up until late 1979, looks like she served from 76' to 79'. And as for anyone going missing around Tamara's report, it hasn't been made public, as far as we know.

The link below is to the Army's list of deserters. It dates back to before the Korean War and contains the names of Army personnel who went missing for many different reasons.

When a military service man or woman fails to show up for a required appointment they are considered Absent Without Official Leave (AWOL) or an Unauthorized Absence (UA). If the person remains missing for 30 days, they are declared a "deserter" for administrative purposes. At that point, the command sends the missing person's records to be archived and notifies investigators.

If you look at the list, you will see that there were quite a few soldiers who not only went missing in the time frame that Tamara did, but that they are still officially "missing" and considered deserters. Many more may have gone missing at that time, but in the intervening 40 years may have turned themselves in, or been captured.

LINK:
Army Most Wanted Fugitives

Locating and questioning the woman who was using Tamara's identification might be productive now that Tamara's case has become that of an unsolved homicide.

If any connection can be made between this person and someone known to have been around Tamara before she went missing, or to have been in Nevada, or Oklahoma around that time, might lead to potential suspect(s).

Timeline of events-

April 18, 1959: Tamara is born in Alameda, California

May 1977 - February 1979?: Tamara serves in the US Army

c. 1978-1979: Tamara moves to Las Vegas, NV

February 24, 1979: Tamara marries CRC

c. April 1979 - January 1980: Tamara divorces CRC

March 21, 1980: Tamara disappears from Las Vegas (according to some sources)

April 18, 1980: Tamara’s body is found in Jones, Oklahoma

i was also born in alameda, ca. i bet her family was military. i was not but there was a base there. still is a coast guard one.

Military should have info as to whether she fulfilled her reserve obligations. Per my recollection you had to serve a total of 6 years (whatever active plus the remainder "reserve" to add up to 6 years). I didn't have to because I served 6 active. Has anybody asked this question? (I "believe" this has been bumped up to 8 total nowadays with that "stop loss" b.s. on top of it..... but don't quote me on that part).

SPC Tamara Lee “Lime Lady” Tigard
BIRTH 18 Apr 1959
Alameda County, California, USA
DEATH 18 Apr 1980 (aged 21)
Jones, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, USA

On April 18, 1980, the mummified corpse of a woman was discovered on the banks of the North Canadian River close to Jones in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma. The presence of three gunshot wounds upon her body clearly indicated her death was a homicide.

One of these wounds contained clothing fibers and a dime that had been driven into the body by a .45 caliber bullet. Due to the fact quicklime that had been poured onto her remains in a likely attempt to accelerate decomposition, the woman became known as "Lime Lady". (The quicklime had actually helped preserve her corpse.)

She was between the ages of 18 and 25, five feet six inches tall and weighed approximately 115 to 120 pounds. She had a heart tattoo on her chest as well as an appendectomy scar. It is believed that she may have been murdered by a biker gang earlier in the year or in 1979, although some contemporary reports indicate she may have been deceased for as little as ten days. Multiple facial reconstructions of the decedent have been created, and her DNA has extracted for profiling in 2014.

Tamara Lee Tigard was found deceased April 18, 1980. Her true date of death is unknown. She was born on April 18, 1959 and was preceded in death by her parents, Patsy Joan Tigard (née Young) 1933–2001 and James “Jimmy” Lee Tigard 1935–2006, and her sister, Cynthia “Cindy” Rae Butts (née Tigard) 1961–2010.

LINK:

SPC Tamara Lee “Lime Lady” Tigard (1959-1980) -...

Hello guys,

I’ve been thinking that, due to the fact that Tamara was reported missing in March 1980 and that her report was dismissed by LE.

I wonder if LVPD could post her last known clothing and whereabouts from the original missing person report.

Maybe that now, with her identity and clothing wore by her, could trigger someone’s memory from that night in March.

There is a new article about Oklahoma cases and there is one phrase with stuck me, thats about the last call Tamara made to her cousin:
"She was crying and saying I love you, just remember how much I love you. And I said what's the matter. She said I can't tell you," said Robinson.

It sounds to me that she was afraid of somebody/something, looks like she knew her killers

Non-profit using genealogy to put names to decades-old unidentified cases

There is a new article about Oklahoma cases and there is one phrase with stuck me, thats about the last call Tamara made to her cousin:
"She was crying and saying I love you, just remember how much I love you. And I said what's the matter. She said I can't tell you," said Robinson.

It sounds to me that she was afraid of somebody/something, looks like she knew her killers

Non-profit using genealogy to put names to decades-old unidentified cases
I agree, i wonder if Tamara's last whereabouts are true.

If she knew that someone/people were after her, then she could have been kidnapped and killed somewhere.

So sad to know that she knew that her life was in danger, justice for Tamara!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back