Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

Oklahoma Sheriff Holds Twitter-Thon About Lime Lady Cold Case

“We know someone was running or walking towards her while they were shooting,” said Mark Meyers with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office. “We just have absolutely no idea who she is.”

But detectives do not think she was killed along the river. Instead, they think the killer shot her somewhere else, and then dumped her body.

The sheriff's office says the killer used lime in an attempt to try to decompose the body quickly. But it turns out, the killer bought the wrong kind, and it actually helped preserve the body as well as crucial evidence. We went over to Roosters Cafe in Jones, to see if anyone here remembered the case.

“It was in the news and it was gossiped around town a little bit,” said Charles King, who was born and raised in Jones.

“Nothing that's just it,” recalls Rooster Bill, who owns the Rooster Café in Jones. “I remember them announcing it, and that was it. It just died after that. I don't even remember seeing a sketch of any kind.”

Bill is glad authorities are putting the picture of the woman and her tattoo back out there.

“Somebody knows that tattoo. Someone remembers that tattoo. Somebody knows who she is,” he said.

I agree airplanelamp - there is a possibility this could be Mary Frances Gregory. The location fits along with other things.

MFG seems to have been an independent young woman, her family would not necessarily know if she had a tatoo or not or she could have obtained it on her way to CA. Who knows.

Will submit this to the OPP.

Kristy Lynn Booth, 19, Missing since February 2, 1980 from Midland, TX

This Texas missing person case has a lot of similarity to the Unidentified girl found in the adjacent state of Oklahoma. It has been mentioned to investigative authorities in both states, but no word on whether or not there was ever an official comparison.

---------------------------------------------------------
Kristy Lynn Booth
Missing since February 2, 1980 from Midland, Midland County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 26, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7-5'8"; 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; reddish-brown hair, long and straight.
Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears and a birthmark on the right side of her stomach. A dimple in her left cheek.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a white button down blouse, pink vest and blue Levi jeans. She was not wearing shoes.
AKA: Kriss
Dentals: Available. #30 tooth missing.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Booth was last seen on February 2, 1980 at the Dimensions Nightclub at 411 Airpark.

According to police, a male friend of hers, who is now deceased, dropped Booth and a female friend off at the club. He took her car and told the two he would return around 11 that night. But when he did, he said, he couldn't find the girls anywhere. Booth walked outside around 11 o'clock that night. It was five days later before a police report was filed through the city.

Booth's 1977 maroon and white AMC Pacer was found abandoned 2 miles south of HI-20 on South Highway 349 (Rankin Highway). Police later found she had taken her car to be serviced the morning of her disappearance and since then the odometer showed it had been driven 268 miles.

Investigators do not believe Booth left the club willingly, because she left without her shoes and coat, and the weather was cold and icy. Police then were led to believe she either left the club unwillingly or had gone outside with the intention of staying only a short time.

Between the years of 1978 and 1979, Booth was a senior at Lee High School.

A year after graduating, Booth still lived at her family home in the 4400 block of Monty Avenue with her father Tom, mother Myra and her two siblings. Police said that she never had any problems at home.

Her nights were spent at The Great Gatsby, a restaurant on Cuthbert Avenue , where she worked as a cocktail waitress.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Midland Police Department
Lieutenant Ronnie Wilson
915-685-7110
915-685-7108

Email : mpd@mail.ci.midland.tx.us

Or
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
512-424-2811

Agency Case Number: 44928 TXDPS M88-09-003

NCIC Number: M-077752671

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Texas Department of Public Safety
Midland Reporter-Telegram
CA DOJ
Odessa Crime Stoppers
The Doe Network: Case File 704DFTX

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/704dftx.html

From today, good "keep it in the public eye 34 years later" piece, good details and pictures:

Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office investigators continue to look for clues in Lime Lady case. (Daily Oklahoman)
In April 1980, a group of fishermen happened upon a ghastly surprise in the woods along the North Canadian River in eastern Oklahoma County.
The body of a young woman had been shot to death and left in the brush on the eastern bank of the river, covered in a blanket of quicklime.

From today, good "keep it in the public eye 34 years later" piece, good details and pictures:

Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office investigators continue to look for clues in Lime Lady case. (Daily Oklahoman)
In April 1980, a group of fishermen happened upon a ghastly surprise in the woods along the North Canadian River in eastern Oklahoma County.
The body of a young woman had been shot to death and left in the brush on the eastern bank of the river, covered in a blanket of quicklime.

Good article and reminder of this case. Maybe enough time has passed for someone to give a tip about this girl and return her to her family.

From the link.

"Investigators have found a few other clues that could point to who killed her, Green said. The gun that killed the woman was a .45-caliber weapon — a favorite with outlaw biker gangs at the time, he said. Nearby Jones was home to a biker bar in the 1980s, he said, so it’s possible a gang could have been involved".

video at link - Sheriff’s office search for answers in oldest unsolved murder case - Posted on: 3:00 pm, February 26, 2014, by Bree Steffen, updated on: 04:11pm, February 26, 2014

Thanks to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, authorities now have a DNA profile of “The Lime Lady” but they need something to compare it against.

“All it takes is just one person, just one person to come forward and say `You know, I had an aunt who was missing. I had a sister who was missing all these years ago.` And then we can run that DNA profile.” Myers said.

The victim is:

White female
Between the ages of 18 and 25
5’6″ to 5’7″ tall
118 to 120 pounds
Brown hair
Appendectomy scar
She had extensive dental work with some teeth out of alignment
She had a tattoo of a small heart over the left breast
The heart was colored red with blue ink outlining it

The sheriff’s office believes “The Lime Lady” may have been a dancer. Based on the area her body was dumped, they also believe that could mean her killer’s lived nearby.

If you have any information that could help solved this mystery, call the sheriff’s office at (405) 713-1017.

Maybe this is a silly question… but do we know what year the dime was?

Here is the UID's NamUs link. https://identifyus.org/cases/4897

Listed below are the 3 rule outs for this UID;

Unknown Butterfield 1957 Missouri
Margaret Hayes 1954 Indiana
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia

The following 13 people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Kristy Lynn Booth 1960 Texas
Lisa Jane Borden 1960 Texas
Rose Lena Cole 1956 California
Teresa Gail Cupps 1958 Oklahoma
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Carol Elaine Donn 1963 Florida
Susan Hallowell Unknown Florida
Nancy Lynn Jason 1958 Maryland
Paulette Susan Jaster 1954 Michigan
Alma Violet Root 1965 California

Maybe this is a silly question… but do we know what year the dime was?

I don't think the year of the dime has any relevance here. That would only establish an earliest date of death, and we already know she hadn't been dead more than a few months.

I don't think the year of the dime has any relevance here. That would only establish an earliest date of death, and we already know she hadn't been dead more than a few months.

I was thinking of it was a 1980 dime, it could narrow it down to 1980, as what I saw said 79-80 as year of death.

Why do they think she was dancer - did she have breast implants? Was the dime embedded in her thigh?

The following 13 people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Kristy Lynn Booth 1960 Texas
Lisa Jane Borden 1960 Texas
Rose Lena Cole 1956 California
Teresa Gail Cupps 1958 Oklahoma
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Carol Elaine Donn 1963 Florida
Susan Hallowell Unknown Florida
Nancy Lynn Jason 1958 Maryland
Paulette Susan Jaster 1954 Michigan
Alma Violet Root 1965 California

I wonder why Kathleen H Henson is not on the rule out list. I think she resembles the recon. She was older than the parameters listed but her weight and height are close. Her DNA and dentals are in the system. No mention of a tattoo or appendectomy scar. She went missing from Tulsa County which is about an hour and a half drive from Jones, Oklahoma.

http://www.newson6.com/story/8143974/dna-project-may-help-families-of-missing

•Missing Since: March 23, 1979 from Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma
•Classification: Endangered Missing
•Date Of Birth: July 30, 1948
•Height: 5'7" (170 cm)
•Weight: 125 lbs (57 kg)
•Hair Color: Brown
•Eye Color: Blue
•Race: White
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Kathleen's ears are pierced
and she may wear contacts.
•Case Number: 1979-248341

http://www.nampn.org/cases/henson_kathleen.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/7441

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/henson_kathleen.html

Kathleen:
henson_kathleen.jpg

Teresa Beyers NamUs - says they have DNA on her but who knows what since they hid them all...
Circumstances - last seen in Kilgore, Texas in November 1979.

Circumstances of this case as well as life style and lack of family contact indicate possible foul play.

I said above that NamUs has DNA for Teresa & JD; but we never know since we can't see details. 1982 Pagosa Springs CO JD was recently identified as Stewart Simmons. WS member vermontaigne matched him & possibly matched Rio Arriba Jane Doe to Margaret Walden. He used the info from Margaret's CP page to tie her to Stewart. Will paste his quote in below. I say possibly because it has not come in yet; & I was looking at their NamUs pages; both Margaret & the JD have DNA in NamUs...

I'll leave all of the links for Stewart & Margaret below for anyone that wants to look.

Chances are very high that it's Margaret. I was reading through Charley Project's '82 missing in relation to a different UID, chronologically, when I came across Stewart and Margaret's cases. The camping with a sailor thing clicked with Stewart's circumstances. Her mother had stated that the last time she heard from Margaret was when she wired money to Durango for her. I did a Google search, and up popped an article that stated witnesses who believed they'd seen the couple, based on description provided by LE, said that they had been (I paraphrase) up and down the stretch of highway from Durango to Pagosa Springs all summer. I ruminated, dawdled, and finally emailed Detective Barter after New Years. One of the reasons I didn't email it in sooner was that I knew from Charley Project that Stewart had in childhood fractured his skull from ear to ear, and there was nothing in NamUs or elsewhere that indicated the UID had a healed fracture of the skull.

Now, the only way that I made the tentative connection to Stewart was through Margaret's Charley Project entry. So, it would be really mind-blowing to me if it turned out not to be Margaret, since Margaret has never reappeared. Of course, it's possible, but with all of the info, including the remembered name, Margo, which I just found out about from the Pagosa Sun article, I'd be entirely astonished to find it's not her.

Stewart Simmons / Pagosa Springs John Doe - WS Posts
Found Deceased GA - Stewart Eric Simmons, 20, San Diego, 19 June 1982

CO - Pagosa Springs, WhtMale1282UMCO, 20-28,"Lazy B" TShirt, Oct'82 *Stewart Simmons*

Stewart Simmons / Pagosa Springs John Doe - NamUs Links for anyone that wants to save the info before it goes offline...

NamUs UP #5327 Google Cache DNA Status: Complete - Insufficient DNA for profiling - Dental information / charting is available and entered
Stewart Simmons NamUs MP # 717 Google cache DNA Status: Sample is currently not available - Dental information / charting is currently not available

Margaret Walden / Rio Arriba Jane Doe - WS Posts
I did a search for Margaret; do not see a post. Does someone have time to set one up?
NM - Rio Arriba Co., WhtFem 55UFNM, 25-35, San Juan River near Pagosa Springs, Sep'82

Margaret Walden / Rio Arriba Jane Doe - NamUs Links
Margaret Walden DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete Biopsy scar Lt. wrist; bullet wound scar chest; mastectomy scars; vertical scar on back.
NamUs UP # 5326 DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete Organ absent uterus[/QUOTE]

Link to article - Victim of 1982 homicide identified

On April 18, 1980 a white female was found on the banks of the North Canadian River east of Jones, Oklahoma.

Hair: Lt brown to brown
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 115 lbs
Scars: A horizontal scar near pubic hair
Tattoo: Heart with scroll, blue and red, located left breast

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4897

Attachments

• tatto.jpg
    tatto.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 19
  • namus4897.jpg
    namus4897.jpg