Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

Good find Houston Mom. I read under the documents section on her profile and the details of her disappearance seemed pretty straightforward at first. She apparently had fought with her husband quite a bit it would seem as it was stated she would leave for several hours to cool off, and had even left for several days once, but had notified her family to her whereabouts. The night she disappeared she fought with her husband and he was left with a broken jaw. That is very telling of the type of fight they had. He didn't repot her missing for three days. I wonder how exactly it was broken, when he sought medical attention and where he was during the three days before she was reported missing. I am not sure if I am right to assume that he must have had a decent alibi for the cops to not assume he was involved.

But what is strange is that another woman disappeared from their neighborhood in '77. And they had been victims of a home invasion where CR was left chained in the basement.

Vonnie Bales is a recent addition to NamUs. (Actually, her casefile was created last year, but it was only published recently).

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20718/0

But she fits the general description (although, like Catherine Runte, she is a couple of years older than the age estimate).

I did a bit of research on her in an attempt to find a photo of her. I found a record for her in Ancestry, as well as her several siblings. Her DOB is 28-Jul-1951.

Her mother (whose name was also Vonnie) lived in Deer Park Texas (in the Houston/Pasadena area), and died in 1974. But I couldn't find her photo in the 1969 Deer Park HS yearbook. The 68, 67, and 66 books aren't available in Classmates.

"CR was left chained in the basement"!!! I don't want to know how long for!!

I like the Vonnie Bales and "Lime Lady" PM.

http://kfor.com/2015/02/13/oklahomas-unsolved-mysteries-the-woman-without-an-identity/

It’s a case that has been a mystery for nearly 35 years... “We’re still hopeful. We really believe at some point we’re going to get a break in this case.,” Captain Bob Green, with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office said...

“The positioning of her arms suggested she was drug into the location where we actually located her at,” Cathy Foote, a technical investigator with Oklahoma County said...

In recent years, “Lime Lady’s” DNA has been checked against a database of missing persons from across the country. No match has been found.

I don't usually do recons based on other peoples' recons, but I decided to do one here based on the official drawing. Even though the official drawings are supposed to be a depiction of what they looked like in life, they didn't appear to put much effort into removing the postmortem effects. The drawings are almost as disturbing as it would have been if they had just shown the PM photo.

The official B&W drawing appears to be just a trace of the PM photo, so I used that as the basis for my own. The description indicates that she had a freckly complexion, and I don't think either of the two sketches convey that.

Here is what I think she probably looked like in life. Note that her eye color is unknown. I depicted her eyes as blue, but they may be some other color.

f4d8e2dc-fbf9-49e7-8b44-abdf5d053f2f.jpg

Exclusions on her Namus page: https://identifyus.org/cases/4897

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Mary Lynn Andersen/Shondel 1959 Minnesota
Amy Billig 1957 Florida
Kristy Lynn Booth 1960 Texas
Lisa Jane Borden 1960 Texas
Stephanie Michele Buehler 1971 Texas
Unknown Butterfield 1957 Missouri
Rose Lena Cole 1956 California
Teresa Gail Cupps 1958 Oklahoma
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Carol Elaine Donn 1963 Florida
Susan Hallowell Unknown Florida
Margaret Hayes 1954 Indiana
Nancy Lynn Jason 1958 Maryland
Paulette Susan Jaster 1954 Michigan
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Alma Violet Root 1965 California

Exclusions on her Namus page: https://identifyus.org/cases/4897

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Mary Lynn Andersen/Shondel 1959 Minnesota
Amy Billig 1957 Florida
Kristy Lynn Booth 1960 Texas
Lisa Jane Borden 1960 Texas
Stephanie Michele Buehler 1971 Texas
Unknown Butterfield 1957 Missouri
Rose Lena Cole 1956 California
Teresa Gail Cupps 1958 Oklahoma
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Carol Elaine Donn 1963 Florida
Susan Hallowell Unknown Florida
Margaret Hayes 1954 Indiana
Nancy Lynn Jason 1958 Maryland
Paulette Susan Jaster 1954 Michigan
Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia
Alma Violet Root 1965 California

O/T but can anyone explain to me the Unknown Butterfield? Why is the first name unknown? I cant find any other information on the Unknown Butterfield? It just struck me as odd. TIA

It might just mean they forgot to fill in the field, but the only person missing by that name is Joanne Butterfield from Queensland, and she didn't go missing until many years later.

There is a Butterfield town in Missouri, but nobody seems to be missing from it. I couldn't even find anybody missing from Missouri who was born in 1957.

Would someone let me know who our contact is on Lime Lady. I would like to get Ms Runte ruled out. Her dentals are available, no DNA.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17728/0/

Good find. Everything matches up except for the tattoo and the UID didn't have braces like Cathy is reported to have--only some teeth out of alignment which might contradict recent braces but anything is possible. She certainly resembles the UID. The Doe Network says the contact information for her is as follows:

Agency Name: Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 405-848-6724 OR 405-427-5421
Agency Name: Agency Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Sherri Nunziato
Agency Phone Number: 405-239-7141
Agency Case Number: 801364
NCIC Case Number: U172838970
NamUs Case Number: UP #4897

I think these may match.

Janice Pockett - Vanished aged 7 in 1974. Would have been 14

I understand the age is out, but the thing with the teeth not being aligned reminded me.

IMG_2903.JPG img_3609.jpeg

Norma Halford - Vanished in 1979, aged 21.

The hair gap reminded me.

IMG_2903.JPG img_20957.jpeg

Susan DeQuina - Vanished in 1979, aged 22

img_24935.jpeg 801364_facial_reconstruction_BPG.jpg

Have they ever given images of the skull to artists to see what they have to go off of? Usually when a case is this old and this worked on there are a lot more official sketches than what they currently have.

Any update on this case? Did DNA testing ever come back on Susan DeQuina?

[emoji202]MOO

Oct 12 2017
http://kfor.com/2017/10/12/osbi-releases-first-playing-card-aiming-to-solve-local-cold-case/
[h=1]OSBI releases first playing card aiming to solve local cold case[/h]
attachment.php

OKLAHOMA CITY – The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has released its first playing card that aims to solve a local cold case.

This week, OSBI announced it is partnering with the Department of Corrections to launch a new program aimed at solving unsolved cold cases in our state
Today, OSBI uploaded a picture of one of the cards to Facebook.

Attachments

• 22365645_1451258331590019_3362701003583709276_n.jpg
    22365645_1451258331590019_3362701003583709276_n.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 93
I feel like Judy Smithson looks reasonably like our Doe here, and a lot of the parameters line up, but no mention of appendectomy scar and there is two tattoos mentioned so I guess that should rule her out right?

59d586a352a4466df55e95471c0d7ff8.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32729/1/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member