OK OK - Julie Mitchell, 34, Oklahoma City, 2 Nov 2010

This promises to be yet another "unable to solve" case; mark it down to politics, and a feckless OSBI.

DM won $30,000 at the Golf tournament in Sept 2010

Nov 2010, $30,000 missing from the safe.

Coincidence?

When an autopsy report was inadvertently released, it revealed death by blunt force trauma to Mitchell’s head.

That’s the PG version.

More extensive reports were leaked to the internet and reveal a grotesque picture.

It serves no good purpose to reveal it here.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pearland/sports/article_fbffb581-6bae-54bc-bf14-da0b7140ad75.html

Someone who doesn't feel the need to rehash every gory detail.

Someone who doesn't feel the need to make the story more dramatic by including the gruesome details.

Someone who doesn't feel the need to make the family and friends relive every detail with every article.

That is awesome.

Father pleads for public's help in solving Julie Mitchell's slaying
The father of northwest Oklahoma City homicide victim Julie Mitchell made an impassioned plea for the public's help in solving his daughter's slaying Thursday after spending the day testifying before a state grand jury investigating her death.

“There's a killer out there and we need to find him,” said Harvey Bryant, Mitchell's father.
---
---
Attorney Chris Harper, a friend of Teddy Mitchell who has represented him in some legal matters, was scheduled to testify before the state grand jury Thursday, but his testimony was postponed until Sept. 23, according to his attorney, Irven Box. Box has previously stated that an FBI agent and IRS investigator attempted to question Harper about gambling in April, but Harper chose not to answer the questions because of attorney-client privilege and other grounds.

Bryant, meanwhile, said he just wants his daughter's killer brought to justice.
---
“Every day is a bad day without Julie,” he said.
More at Daily Oklahoman link above.

Sad that this case remains unsolved. I believe it was a "business associate" of the husband.

Homicide investigation focuses on Edmond insurance agent (Sunday Oklahoman)
Oklahoma City police detectives investigating the savage beating death of a wealthy gambler's wife are focusing on an Edmond insurance agent in a dispute with the gambler over money.

Police have searched Michael Wayne Thomas' home and insurance office seizing computers, The Oklahoman learned. They also collected a DNA sample from him and talked to his ex-wife, who fears him and once had a protective order against him.

The ex-wife, Shannon Elder, 39, said Thomas claims to be psychic and has described to her having a dream where the victim told him, “Mike, help me!”

Thomas, 40, denies involvement in the killing. The victim, Julie Mitchell, 34, was attacked the evening of Nov. 2, 2010, inside her husband's $359,000 house in northwest Oklahoma City.

The victim's husband, Teddy Mitchell, claims there is evidence Thomas was there, attorney Scott Adams said.

“Before or during her murder, he was there. I'm totally 100 percent convinced of that,” said Adams, who is representing Teddy Mitchell. “Some things ... were left at the house ... There's something that wasn't there when Teddy left.”
---
much more at link above

Checkbook links Edmond man to Oklahoma City homicide scene
An Edmond insurance agent denies having anything to do with the fatal beating of a gambler's wife, even though his company checkbook was found at her home after she was killed there.

“I — 100 percent — did not,” Michael Wayne Thomas said. “That's for sure.”

Thomas specifically denied being at the home during the attack. One of the gambler's attorneys has alleged Thomas was there “before or during her murder.”
---
Sources told The Oklahoman that Thomas' company checkbook was found inside the Mitchells' home after the killing.

Other sources told The Oklahoman that Thomas has a partial explanation for why the checkbook was there. Thomas claims he brought the checkbook to the house that day and left it on the porch when no one came to the door, the sources said.
---
Thomas said he is cooperating with police.

“Absolutely, but I'm not allowed to comment to anybody else, you know, except through my attorney. I've been trying to cooperate with pretty much everybody, sir,” Thomas said.

He would not say, though, if that included the FBI.
---
much more at Sunday Oklahoman link above

Ok, hmmm. Why has this information been "held" for 18 months? Very frustrating I'm sure for her family. Ridiculous. Get moving.

Ok, hmmm. Why has this information been "held" for 18 months? Very frustrating I'm sure for her family. Ridiculous. Get moving.

Reading the comment made by the husband's attorney, it sounds like he knew about the checkbook.

“Before or during her murder, he was there. I'm totally 100 percent convinced of that,” said Adams, who is representing Teddy Mitchell. “Some things ... were left at the house ... There's something that wasn't there when Teddy left.”

http://newsok.com/julie-mitchell-ho...ses-on-edmond-insurance-agent/article/3668723

We're coming up to the 2nd year anniversary of this horrific murder and still no arrest. :(

It appears they have DNA and other evidence but still the murderer is on the loose. I don't get it.

What letters is the dad referring to? Letters were sent to the media? By whom? :waitasec: It's been so long and don't recall that part.

We're coming up to the 2nd year anniversary of this horrific murder and still no arrest. :(

It appears they have DNA and other evidence but still the murderer is on the loose. I don't get it.

What letters is the dad referring to? Letters were sent to the media? By whom? :waitasec: It's been so long and don't recall that part.
The killer - or someone, probably someone seeking to reveal the killer, I think I recall - sent two letters to media in the first week after the crime. (I think; this is hazy to me, too!) They weren't really sent - they were at locations and someone called the station(s).

Here's the Daily Oklahoman story:

Teddy Mitchell, eight other men and Costa Rican business accused in federal gambling indictment
---
Defense attorney Billy Bock, who represents Dryden Mitchell, said it is obvious the FBI had stopped looking into accusations of gambling before the death.

“It didn't mean anything to anybody,” Bock said. “I think no one cared — victimless type of situation. Then Julie gets killed, and they kick the dust off this investigation.”
---
the rest at the link above

Wow. This is huge.
It certainly opens up a lot more potential suspects in the murder in my mind.
Anyone who ever lost big at one of these high stakes poker games that were held AT THE HOME OF THE VICTIM could have a motive.
What a shame to have exposed your family to that sort of danger and threat by engaging in this business in your home. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back