GUILTY OK - Keith Bryan, 52, murdered in his Mustang home, 20 Sept 2011

well that must rank up there with the most odd 911 calls I have ever heard, took her forever to say her husband had been shot, she was more interested in giving a description of the intruder and then oh yeah thats why I was calling my husband has been shot, I can imagine upon hearing that the intruder theory was dismissed

keep it simple stupid is a good adage for anybody who wants to be a convincing liar

Doesn't seem to have been a whole lot of forethought, what with the Luger and its box still on the premises.

With most of the stress of the 911 call given to talking about the "shooter" (at the expense of the shot), I thought maybe a third party was involved, hired for that purpose, and the caller was fixating a bit on that aspect because of guilt and/or disbelief that act had actually been done.

Ya know this could get weirder.

Like the wife was having an affair with the friend and killed her spouse so he could get the organ? Now that would be a Lifetime movie event of the decade!

Funeral held for slain Nichols Hills fire chief
MUSTANG — Family and friends joked about Keith Bryan’s pranks, his competitive nature and his less-than-stellar golf game Saturday during a memorial service for the longtime Nichols Hills Fire Chief.

Bryan wouldn’t have wanted it any other way, friends said. He was always looking for ways to startle people or make them laugh, said Jim McNabb, pastor at The Bridge Assembly of God.

“If I do anything to make this sad, when I get to Heaven, Keith’s gonna meet me at the gate,” McNabb said Saturday morning.
---
the rest at Daily Oklahoman link above

Slain Nichols Hills fire chief's wife awaits charges

---
Her attorney, Gary James, said Tuesday he's been in talks with her at the Canadian County jail and said she seems to be doing the best she can, considering the circumstances.

“Her brother or other family members made a statement that she was in good spirits,” James said. “She's going through a lot right now.”
Well, one would expect so.

James said Rebecca Bryan will plead not guilty to any charges.
---
more at Daily Oklahoman link above

Nichols Hills fire chief's wife called ex-lover before fatal shooting, court documents say
EL RENO — The woman accused of killing her husband, the Nichols Hills fire chief, called her ex-lover beforehand and said she “was going to be inheriting a significant amount of money,” an OSBI agent reported.

Rebecca L. Bryan, 52, also told the man “she still loved him … and that she was thinking of buying a house near where” he lives, the agent reported.
---
the rest at Daily Oklahoman link above

Things aren't looking so good for the defendant, though it was hard to see how they could get worse. But they have.

He wasn't just her ex lover. He was the man she had an affair with for about 6 months in 09/10. And when he didn't answer her call, she sent him some very incriminating texts about her future plans to move near him and that she still loved him. 3 hrs before she then shot her husband.

That kinda takes away any doubt about premeditation doesn't it.

Very good article. Though it is hard to believe how someone could be so stupid.

What a dumbazz! Don'tcha sometimes have to wonder how some folks even manage to get themselves dressed every day?

Well thankfully she was so stupid and was caught immediately.

Whenever I see this thread's title, it reminds me of a movie from the 80's (I think) - The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover.

What a dumbazz! Don'tcha sometimes have to wonder how some folks even manage to get themselves dressed every day?

Seriously, I have to wonder if this woman didn't have someone to dress her in the morning....WHO hides a gun in the dryer? That right there convinced me we weren't dealing with a brain trust here....LOL

We at WS have seen some pretty stupid murder suspects, but this one, well, she has me shaking my head....

Yeah, here's a plan, I'll call my ex-lover and tell him I am going to be inheriting some big bucks and I want to buy a home near him. And then I'll shoot my husband, call 9-11 give them all kinds of details so they will NEVER suspect me, and oh, I'll hide the gun in the dryer because no one would ever look in there....Geez....

Seriously, I have to wonder if this woman didn't have someone to dress her in the morning....WHO hides a gun in the dryer? That right there convinced me we weren't dealing with a brain trust here....LOL

We at WS have seen some pretty stupid murder suspects, but this one, well, she has me shaking my head....

Yeah, here's a plan, I'll call my ex-lover and tell him I am going to be inheriting some big bucks and I want to buy a home near him. And then I'll shoot my husband, call 9-11 give them all kinds of details so they will NEVER suspect me, and oh, I'll hide the gun in the dryer because no one would ever look in there....Geez....

I had to chuckle at your post because I guess she had as little faith in OSBI as I do which would completely explain the hiding the gun in the dryer.

JMO.

I dont understand what exactly she was expecting to happen. She was extremely stupid. Texting and bragging to her friend about the text.

This happened less than a mile from my house...crazy

It is crazy! Did you know the Chief and Becky? I know a niece of Becky and have not spoke with her lately, but at one time she thought her Aunt was innocent! Kept saying she didn't do it. I don't think the family believed she killed him in the beginning, even after she was arrested. Not sure what they might think now.

It is crazy! Did you know the Chief and Becky? I know a niece of Becky and have not spoke with her lately, but at one time she thought her Aunt was innocent! Kept saying she didn't do it. I don't think the family believed she killed him in the beginning, even after she was arrested. Not sure what they might think now.

Hi Texsun,

No, I didn't know them, but we heard all the sirens that night and have kept up with the case in the local paper. I feel so sorry for their sons as well as her friend who had to testify recently. The evidence is so strong that her family has to know she's guilty, IMO. But yes, in the beginning her brother kept saying to the media that we just need to know all of the facts, implying she may not be guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back