GUILTY OK - Kelsey Briggs, 2, beaten to death, Meeker, 11 Oct 2005

I don't know the details of Liana's case but it definitely seems another case of child services not doing enough to protect the children. These cases haunt me to no end.

http://suncanaa.com/in_memory_

This is a good website about children who were killed that were involved with CPS. Either given back to parents or killed by foster parents. I don't know if any posted it already but Kelsey is on here and so is Logan Bratton.

Google Liana Sandoval. Boyfriend is on death row, mom is serving a life sentence. Liana was killed at age 20 months, her 3 year old sister severely beaten. The abuse started as soon as the boyfriend moved in and Dad moved out. CPS was involved, did a joke of an investigation, ignored calls and proof the girls were being abused. The day CPS closed the file, Liana was kiled. Mom even helped dispose of her body, then called the police and reported Liana missing.

to free her. Give me a break.

www.FreeKelseysMom.com

I signed her stupid little petition BUT did not put what she asked me too.

That family of hers just does not have a clue.

They have a huge vendetta against Kelsey's dad and no matter how much of a loser they think he was, HE WAS NOT THE ONE THAT KILLED KELSEY.

Everyone else is to blame for Kelsey's death except for Raye Dawn.

They just do not get it.

Oh for heaven sake :banghead: What is wrong with that fool of a woman :banghead: When is she going to accept responsibility for her part in that baby's death????? I would just like to slap the chit out of her.

Why is that creepy family upset with Kelsey's dad? He was fighting for his country while her and her husband were beating Kelsey to death and her husband was molesting Kelsey.

I don't think that any petition is going to help that woman. She sure as heck isn't going to get my name on that thing. I'd would sooner see her rot in hell first. I hope the other women in prison make her life a living hell every single day of her life for what she did and allowed to be down to beautiful little Kelsey.

She makes me sick.

The only thing that website does is prove what everyone else knows: Raye Dawn is a loser who has a knack for picking loser men to father her kids and her little daughter paid the price.

I have no idea what the purpose is of wasting so much time and energy going off on Kelsey's dad, Lance Briggs. So what that he wanted Raye Dawn to get an abortion. This is actually quite a common emotion at first for men who are involved in an unplanned pregnancy.

The liked him enough to out wedding pictures up of them. I also do not see the purpose of putting pics up of Michael Porter and Raye Dawn. MP is a disgusting human being, now murderer.

What a troubled family. I feel less and less sympathy for Raye Dawn and I hope she gets the maximum sentence.

Beautiful Kelsey...I was thinking about her today for some reason. She is a definate example of a child who by looking at her you would never expect this type of thing would be happening to. Never judge a book by its cover huh?!.. My heart breaks when I see the picture of her sitting in the swing face looking down to the side. It is obvious in this picture that she is losing weight sad and that there is something wrong with that child. I am sorry but if I was grandma that baby would not of went back. I would of ran and went in hiding with her. The father also should of been called back from Iraq to protect his baby girl. He should of been allowed to do that and I don't know why he wasnt? I have seen guys come home due to bill problems needing fixing so apparently nobody was keeping him informed on what was going on with his baby girl... I would of loved to have adopted this beautiful little girl I would of cherished and loved her everyday! :(

If I had known the plight of Kelsey...I would have taken her myself and gone NOT into hiding...but national spotlight! With her face all over...they could not have hurt her again! Someone would or could have stopped it! There is nothing more sad than for what we thought were safeguards to protect her which failed her. She is like Logan...slipped thru the cracks of DHS and they fell to their deaths because of it. Oklahoma has a horrible record and slowly it will change...along with everything else here.

These cases have made it such that our state HAS to change their standards of care. I am sad it takes too long and lives have to be lost for them to realize the system is so broken.

This case is so sad. I am curious does anyone have any updates on the mother? She was found guilty and was supposed to be sentenced. Her website is so nauseating I cannot bear to go to it, since her and her family essentially blame everyone but the mom for this horrible tragedy.

Does anyone know if she was sentenced yet?

From September 11, 2007 -

Sapulpa Daily Herald - Smith to serve 27 years

A judge sentenced Raye Dawn Smith to 27 years in prison Monday in the death of her 2-year-old girl, ending a case that exposed problems in how the state handled reports of child abuse.

District Judge Paul Vassar sentenced Smith to the term recommended by a Creek County jury, which found her guilty in July of enabling child abuse in the death of Kelsey Smith-Briggs...

Before she was sentenced, Smith said only four words: “Kathie, I forgive you.”

It was directed at Kathie Briggs, Kelsey’s paternal grandmother, who initially got custody of the child after she was abused in early 2005. After Smith spoke, some in the courtroom laughed, as if in disgust.

Outside of court, Kathie Briggs called Smith “demented.”

“Now she thinks she’s God,” she said...

Kelsey’s father, Lance Briggs, said Smith’s statement before her sentencing was proof that “she does not get it.”

“She showed no remorse, she did not take any responsibility,” he said. “Now she can serve her 27 years...”

I will never ever as long as I live forget this little girl. I saw a video made for her on myspace and I cried for about an hour after I watched it. That poor beautiful little girl. I dont understand how someone can get that mad at a baby.

I am so glad to hear Rae Dawn got the maximum sentence. She is totally clueless and none of her family gets it.

This is one of the reasons I have decided to volunteer and be a CASA. I start training Fri 9/28.

At least little Kelsey did not die in vain. Her death made me want to make a difference.

I hope some mean women get ahold of this disgusting woman who does not deserve the title mother. Poor little Kelsey, I couldn't finish the tribute, the last picture of her with the bruise on her face, her eye is obviously injured, she looks so sad, just like her grandmother said like someone was dying because she was dying. No more pain sweet baby.

I am so glad to hear Rae Dawn got the maximum sentence. She is totally clueless and none of her family gets it.

This is one of the reasons I have decided to volunteer and be a CASA. I start training Fri 9/28.

At least little Kelsey did not die in vain. Her death made me want to make a difference.

Good for you!! My mom was a CASA here in Ga for several years. It is a tough job but I am glad there are people stepping up the plate like yourself! :clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back