OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newson6.com/story/380192...ws-conference-on-disappearance-of-welch-girls

CRAIG COUNTY, Oklahoma - Officials will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. Monday, April 23, 2018, citing significant developments in the 1999 disappearance of two Welch girls. This is several months after law enforcement announced new information had been discovered in the case.

The Craig County Sheriff's office said in December 2017, a box of case notes about the disappearance of Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible was discovered in a closet.

The notes were from the previous administration.

Bible spent the night at Freeman's Welch home on December 29, 1999. The next day, Freeman's parents, Danny and Kathy Freeman, were found shot to death inside their burned home, but there were no signs of the girls.

Craig County sources say investigators have discovered there were some individuals who reported information to different law enforcement officials in the past, but the information was either not documented or became part of the case file utilized the by the current investigators.

6,690 days for answers. And counting, but what a surprise this is.

6,690 days for answers. And counting, but what a surprise this is.
I'm also surprised OK LE and OSBI finally started to listen. The info was available a long time ago but OK LE was so corrupt at that time. Never give up hope that good people will do good things, even if it sadly takes them 18 years.

[h=1]Suspect in custody in connection to case of 2 Oklahoma girls missing since 1999[/h]
According to Fox 23, a suspect is in custody in connection to the crimes related to the girls’ disappearance.

Two other people who were also possibly involved in the crimes are deceased, Fox 23 reports.

Investigators reportedly told family members that they believed the two girls were kept alive, but are likely dead now.
Authorities are still investigating and are searching for clues about where the victims may be buried.
The suspect has not been identified at this time.

On Monday, officials said that authorities planned to announce a “significant development” in the investigation into the case at 2 p.m.
http://kfor.com/2018/04/23/suspect-...-case-of-2-oklahoma-girls-missing-since-1999/

"...they believed the two girls were kept alive"

Harrowing.

I'm wondering if it's mr. jones. I thought it was strange how they seemed to take his word for it when he recanted his confession, especially with what he went on to do in the years that followed. I know they said the timeline was questionable on whether he could have pulled it off but they didn't definitively rule him out.

Ah, probably not.

Thinking of Lauria Bible & Ashley Freeman, especially Lauria's parents who have been remarkably strong these past 18 long, strenuous years.

May they have comfort & peace along with the news Lauria will be coming home along with Ashley very soon.

The tragedy of Lauria, Ashley & the Freeman's will always linger no matter today's outcome, but for the Bible's, they need to bury their daughter & Ashley, the perp needs to be locked up forever.

I pray this all happens today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the girls were in fact alive for a time, it would fit the rumor that they were held for days in a home near Twin Bridges State Park, east about 30 miles from the crime scene.

Presser in about 10 minutes. Anyone have a live link?

Lady with dog adjusting microphones

Following statements they will provide court fillings (not on file right now)
Throughout the court file you will see initials
Ask that the focus be on finding the girls to bring peace and justice

Authorities arrested and charged Ronnie Dean Busick. Phil Welch and Dave Pennington now deceased but ID'd as perps.

The girls were kept alive for days. Multiple people saw Polaroid photos of them in captivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288