OK - Michael Jackson's alligators, crocodile 'boiled to death' in blaze

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Apr 1, 2015.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

The story at Daily Oklahoman link below:

Michael Jackson's alligators, crocodile 'boiled to death' in blaze, Oklahoma animal sanctuary owner says

much more at the link

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Kerouac and Burroughs; Wiki:

And the Hippos Were Boiled in Their Tanks

4. cuffem

cuffem Active Member

I really do not believe that a animal rights group would cause harm or kill animals.

5. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Watching this guy's video made the day after the fire, I find it interesting that he doesn't seem to upset about it. He seems more interested in capitalizing on the fire.

[video=youtube;blyg-J5vMlM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blyg-J5vMlM[/video]

6. Nova

Nova New Member

Not on purpose, but something may have gone wrong.

The phrase "the hippos were boiled in their tanks" is certainly horrendous, but practically speaking I doubt it is any worse than being burned at the stake--something we used to do to humans quite regularly. No consolation to the hippos (or gators or crocs), of course.

7. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

I agree I can't imagine an animal rights group burning animals alive intentionally.

Having said that it is common knowledge that PETA has euthanized a LOT of highly placeable puppies and kittens given to them to rehome. PETA has always been against the keeping of companion animals.

8. Nova

Nova New Member

Thank you, Sonya. I knew that but didn't have the courage to start an argument about it. I don't have a link handy, but I have seen figures that show PETA (and the Humane Society, for that matter) euthanize more than "a LOT"; in fact, they euthanize MOST of the animals they "rescue".

To me, such actions are just crazy. DOMESTIC cats and dogs are just that: domestic. Although we may have domesticated the dog in the distant past, there is plenty of evidence that cats "domesticated" US. LOL.

9. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

In some areas the Humane Society also acts as animal control so euthanasia is the only option.

In other areas the Humane Society brags about being "no kill" because instead of killing the animals, they simply send them to the city pound to be killed. The Atlanta Humane Society supposedly does NOT cater to Atlanta area pets, they actually take in cute "adoptable" puppies from other areas and send most of the local dogs to the city pound to be killed.

If it were up to me instead of filling mass graves at the dump with the bodies of shelter animals they would be filled with dog/cat breeders. I get very emotional on that topic.