OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by CatFancier, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Bringing the media timeline forward per Hannah1988's request.

Windstorm, would you please copy this over to the media/timeline thread? Your post got lost in the middle of the thread and was a bugger to find. Thanks!

Am working on an up-to-date timeline of facts, but it's taking some time to trace things back to a reliable source.

2. hannah1988

hannah1988 New Member

Thank you so much for bringing this forward! I'm sorry that it was so hard for you to find, so it probably took you a while to bring this forward for me.

3. OkieGranny

Hmm, well...

So I was looking at a Facebook page about Oklahoma missing persons and found this post:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1401491500088715&set=a.1399534973617701.1073741825.1399532586951273&type=1&theater

It's saying the car was found near the Addison Ranch, which is located on Pike Road at the eastward jog mentioned in the quote above. In a different post on the same page, someone is saying that info came from a post on Operation Find Molly, which has since been deleted:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1401184520119413&set=a.1399534973617701.1073741825.1399532586951273&type=1

The word "ranch" did ring a bell, so I went back to the Millers' radio interview and found this:

Now I'm kicking around a theory in my head that [the driver] drove down Long Hollow, then turned off on the dirt road that crosses all the way over to Pike and comes out very near the Addison Ranch. Maybe he was planning to head south on Pike to 32, where he could have turned left or right and gotten quickly out the area, but wrecked the car before he managed to reach Pike? Maybe? Maybe not?

I'm off to study that route on Google Earth and think about this for a while.

ETA: Here's the dirt road marked in red, if anyone else wants to follow along. It starts on Long Hollow at the upper right and ends at Pike on the lower left:

[​IMG]

4. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

Excellent work and good catch about the wreck's resting place! It was probably not found right away, because they turned off Long Hollow. The vehicle was probably somewhat hidden way back in the brush off a private dirt road (I'm assuming it is private). In fact, LE could have ended the chase before noticing the car turning off Long Hollow onto the narrow dirt road. This explains why Molly was walking down Pike too. She was probably closer to it than Long Hollow. It makes me think the creek, which runs at a diagonal near Pike, was the dry creek they were hanging out. Has that area been searched? Is it private property? I have always thought the wreck happened on CN's family's land. I'm not clear on it.

IMO, I bet CN road ATVs or dirt bikes on all those dirt paths and roads in that area. I'm pretty confident he knew where he was going. He just lost complete control of the vehicle.

Also, I was thinking about Molly and Colt in the woods, during that night. They probably used the light from their cell phone screens to see, which may have contributed to the draining of their phone batteries. I bet their phones were useless not too long after Molly's early morning calls.

JMO

5. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

I wondered about that too, but I thought she may have not known this guy that well. In other words, she could have felt awkward asking him for a ride. I'm trying to look at it through a 17 year old's mindset. I guess it depends on her personality. Was she somewhat shy or was she extroverted?

This guy could be lying too, but it can easily be checked out by going to his employer to see if he was late or absent that day.

Just some thoughts . .

6. KellyConQueso

KellyConQueso Verified Cheesy Goodness

I always like to contribute if I have some professional knowledge that might help answer some questions in a case...

Cell phones will normally turn themselves off when they have about 5% of their battery life because it damages the battery when it is drained completely. So even if your phone says it has 0% of battery left, it is more than that - more like 0% of battery before the potential for battery damage occurs. So the device shuts itself off to protect from battery damage and there is still enough power for it to perform some fancy graphics and play a little tune should tell you that 0% is not really 0%.

So yes, it's very possible that she was able to turn the phone back on after it turned itself off but it's not because the phone magically regenerated any power - there was power still on there when it turned off.

7. windstorm

windstorm New Member

Done! I've been reading and researching all day and just now catching up over here.

8. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Wow, I'd never clicked on this case before but I just read your timeline. Super weird/creepy story going by the timeline alone. 10' hole on fire? The heck?

9. StacyMarie83

StacyMarie83 Member

O/T But maybe you'll know the answer....is it true after your battery shuts itself off...that you can take it out and rub it so the static electricity will give it a little more charge to make a call/text?!?! AND....Can you text 911 or does it depend on where that call goes?!?! TIA

10. windstorm

windstorm New Member

This is another one that'll drive you to drinking! I've been catching up on Erica's case and you're over here catching up with Molly & Colt.

Would LOVE to hear your thoughts, theories and suggestions. :seeya:

11. windstorm

windstorm New Member

Welcome to this thread! I've often thought that maybe her battery was down around 7% - 8% so she shut the phone off to preserve power and then booted it back up only to have it die on her or something. I know my battery reading may say something and 2.3 seconds later it's dropped quite a bit more than I feel it should. It may not have had as much "juice" as she thought.

12. OkieGranny

I think it's likely he's been roaming all over that area since he was little kid.

Addison Ranch is a commercial hunting operation, and it covers a lot of ground. At this link it says 5,000 acres; I couldn't say if that's all property of the ranch or if some of the land is leased from other owners:

http://www.addisonranch.com/management-hunts/

13. wantjustice

wantjustice Always hoping

WOW! Just stumbled onto this case and all I can think of is WTH?!!! Is this family ever going to get answers? Just read the pages and it baffles me. WOW

14. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

I agree

15. Hatfield

Excellent. I think you are totally correct that somewhere along that path is where the vehicle wrecked. It makes perfect sense and explains why LE would not follow.

I can also see where getting lost on foot is a real possibility because the houses are few and far between. If they were on foot, they would not have the luxury to know where the next closest house was and could have made a wrong decision which could have made Molly feel like she was in the middle of nowhere. But there are houses on the roads if they would have just found one of the roads and stayed on them. That is, if she wasnt so injured or sick or something where she couldnt walk or something.

Some of the spots are pretty wooded. I would hope they had found a road, but if they were in those thick woods, that is rough in some of the spots towards the top. The bad thing about the woods, is people tend to panick. And also, it is known people will sometimes walk in circles. I think it has something to do with one foot being stronger than the other or something which kind of makes you walk in one big circle when lost in the woods.

I would hope they would have stayed on the road, unless they thought it may have been a shortcut to cut through, but it may have been a bad mistake if they did that. They also could have gone searching for a creek with water in it which also could have gotten them off the road.

After seeing all those woods, I am not outruling getting lost if they made some bad choices and started to panic and got in the woods off of that road towards the middle/top area. I realize they would eventually come out of the woods, but some of those spots just open up to more fields and practically "nothing".

16. Hatfield

On the very far right of that picture, there is a definite "creek" which is most likely a dry creek bed. You can see part of it on the far right / lower corner. It snakes on lower right corner. You can only see parts of it. That would be another spot I would check since Colt actually mentioned they were in a dry creek bed. That one is large enough to actually be something like he described and I suspect it keeps going, so if they headed towards it, they would have run into it I believe.

McSpy saw another smaller one more towards Pike which is also a good one to check.

The reason that large one is in my mind is I am thinking at first they were purposely avoiding all cars and houses and they may have actually headed deeper away from roads and stuff on purpose to hide. Then the next morning when they couldnt get a ride, and phone died, is when they realized they needed help. So they could have gotten pretty far off those roads at first on purpose.

JMO and just throwing ideas out there. That large creek is very visible to be a pretty good size creek. It looks to be dry based on the brown of it.

17. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but if Molly and Colt are on Addison Ranch land, they will be probably be found by hunters.

18. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

Good idea about checking that creek on the lower right. It is not too far from Long Hollow and Pike, so it is definitely worth searching.

19. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

Bolded by me

You are so right about the "one foot stronger than the other," I noticed that I am right footed after climbing down a tall mountain trail. I kept on leading with my right. Over time, I felt like I was slamming my right foot down on each step. It actually started to bother me. I ended up trying to switch my lead foot to the left foot. It felt a little awkward, but gave me some relief.

20. Hatfield

Yes. Currently only Muzzleloader gun Deer season is going on which is not too popular, so when the regular gun season opens on Nov 23, there will be many hunters out. Below are the season dates for Oklahoma. Muzzleloader is a form of "black powder" type rifle and is not too popular. Most hunters wait for regular gun season.
    Archery is somewhat popular....not sure of the dates for that though.

Below are the deer season dates for guns:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Regular Gun Deer Season = Nov 23 - Dec 8 (by far the most popular)

Muzzleloader (blackpowder like Flintlocks or Inline type guns---not the majority of what most hunters use) = Oct 26 - Nov 3

Not sure about archery, but again, it is not nearly as popular as regular gun season, although archery is probably more popular than muzzleloader, and there are people who like archery season. Not sure of those dates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.