OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ardmoreite.com/article/20140123/NEWS/140129890/-1/sports

James Conn Nipp was scheduled to appear in Carter County District Court Wednesday. The motion before District Judge Dennis Morris, could have sent him to prison for up to 10 years.

But instead of appearing in the Carter County courtroom, Nipp remained behind bars in the Love County Jail pending the posting of $50,000 in bonds on charges involving his attempt to evade Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers Monday night.

District Attorney Craig Ladd said the motion before Morris seeks to accelerate the deferred sentence the Overbrook man earned as the result of his 2011 drug possession conviction. That motion has now been continued to Feb. 18.

http://www.ardmoreite.com/article/20140123/NEWS/140129889/-1/sports

"We received a call at 11:36 p.m. [Tuesday] from a citizen who reported someone had fired shots at him on a county road," Hernandez said. "The citizen gave a description of a vehicle, which was a 2001 Dodge Neon. An officer spotted the vehicle in town and made a traffic stop at the intersection of 5th Street and Fairview."

Hernandez said the shots were fired at the intersection of Riggs and Dillard Road at two people in a vehicle. The victim who reported the incident said Greenroyd had followed the vehicle out of town. The driver stopped and asked why Greenroyd was following them. Hernandez said Greenroyd told them she had a problem with the passenger. The victims proceeded to drive off, at which point Greenroyd allegedly fired shots at the vehicle.

Hernandez said Greenroyd appeared under the influence when the traffic stop was executed, and medication prescribed to a deceased relative was found in the vehicle. The weapon, a .25 caliber handgun, was also found.

The lack of movement on this case has me so frustrated. They have arrested CN for non related crimes, but have they really ever interrogated him about MM & CH? While he's behind bars would be a good time to do it. At least you know he can't run!

Seriously? WTH?

Its almost like the person is trying to purposely go to prison to live.

I've never seen a case like this where a person seems to be doing everything in their power to get in trouble.

This is absolutely crazy.

Here is how I see it if I have this right. This is a summary IMO.
-Receives probation or a sort of deferred sentence for previous serious charges and all they had to do was stay out of trouble.
-Does a donut in front of cops almost like a "catch me if you can" and 2 people in same car are never seen again.
-Original LE does nothing at first until public pressure forces OHP to get involved.
-Finally OHP realizes the public is right and this is serious stuff and 2 people could be dead, and so after investigating, then charges come down regarding eluding police.
-Those eluding charges force a hearing to be scheduled based on the previous probation for the old serious charges and its possible that sentencing of real jail/prison time may happen for the original deferred sentence.
-Right before that hearing/court day, he is arrested and charged with brand new serious charges. The new situation seems awfully similar to before where we have car chase, hiding in relatives house, etc.

It seems to me that the previous perceived "protection" from LE that he always had all his life is no longer there. I dont think he realized that protection is no longer there.

Exactly. And that's what makes me think he's got a bad case of impotent rage. Got himself in a spot where family and money can't fix it this time, and he doesn't know how to cope with that. I keep thinking back on this:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224691

PMF: On September the 10th when we had a meeting with all law enforcement, uh, agencies that are involved in this, um, I asked JR why he called off the police chase. And he, his words were, I told Number Five to block off Long Hollow Road because that's where he always goes... You know, they know his MO. They know what he's going to do. They just let him do it.

This all could've been stopped a long time ago. And should've been. If it had been stopped, this thread wouldn't even exist because Colt and Molly wouldn't be missing. This was a pattern already established by Con long before July 7.

Exactly. And that's what makes me think he's got a bad case of impotent rage. Got himself in a spot where family and money can't fix it this time, and he doesn't know how to cope with that. I keep thinking back on this:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224691

This all could've been stopped a long time ago. And should've been. If it had been stopped, this thread wouldn't even exist because Colt and Molly wouldn't be missing. This was a pattern already established by Con long before July 7.
Couldn't agree more.

The lack of movement on this case has me so frustrated. They have arrested CN for non related crimes, but have they really ever interrogated him about MM & CH? While he's behind bars would be a good time to do it. At least you know he can't run!

He's supposedly had a lawyer almost from the beginning, so LE wasn't allowed to interrogate him. But that might've been just another smokescreen:

http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=043-&casekey=043-CF++1400013

01/21/2014 IM: DEFT ADVISED OF ALL RIGHTS. DEFT TO HIRE OR APPLY FOR ATTY BY 2-10-14. STATUS CONF. SET ON 2-27-14 AT 1;30. BAIL SET AT 25,000.00. JUDGE CHARLES E. ROBERTS

There's no attorney listed on any of his January 3 charges either. Did LE take him at his word and get duped? Has Con been cowering behind the protection of an attorney all this time without even bothering to hire one?

Here's another acronym for y'all to figure out: SMDH.

Don't miss the video on this one:

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/James-Conn-Nipps-mother-arrested-241587001.html#.UuD_diMX3Xo.facebook

So that's one side of the story. There's at least six different versions of what happened the other night, depending on where you look.

I'm a bit suspicious the grandfather didn't know they were the police. Wouldn't the police have called out that they were the police, sheriff's dept., or whatever? The man is blind, but not deaf. I don't think the police were aware he was blind though. Seems like the grandfather was trying to obstruct CN's capture, IMO. I guess it will all come out in the news, hopefully.

I'm a bit suspicious the grandfather didn't know they were the police. Wouldn't the police have called out that they were the police, sheriff's dept., or whatever? The man is blind, but not deaf. I don't think the police were aware he was blind though. Seems like the grandfather was trying to obstruct CN's capture, IMO. I guess it will all come out in the news, hopefully.

It's an unfortunate episode, no matter which version turns out to be closest to the truth. And another distraction from the matter at hand, which is finding Colt and Molly.

The other side of the story is here, BTW.

I've studied the photos and seeing the condition of the grandpa's eyes is pretty disturbing in itself. Apparently he was exposed to Agent Orange during the Vietnam War? A sad situation for anyone to have to live with. But once you get beyond that, there's not really much that looks like a beating. Maybe he got knocked down, maybe there was a scuffle, I don't know, but I just don't see the kind of bruising he'd have if he'd been beaten with fists.

Another important issue that shouldn't be overlooked is the danger Con exposed these LEOs to. The chase began as a simple traffic stop for running a stop sign. Why didn't he just pull over and take the ticket? Why did he have to run? Here's another high-speed chase that took place in Oklahoma this week, but this one didn't end so well:

http://www.news9.com/story/24538498/ohp-identifies-officers-killed-during-washita-county-chase

As a community mourns the loss of two law enforcement agents who were killed in a crash on Thursday, late Thursday night, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol released the names of the two officers killed in Washita County.

Kristian Willhight from the Burns Flat Police Department and Washita County Undersheriff Brian Beck were killed during a pursuit near Dill City.

The officers were trying to serve a warrant on a suspect who took off and crashed, and also died. A short time later, Willhight and Beck crashed into each other and died.

It's an unfortunate episode, no matter which version turns out to be closest to the truth. And another distraction from the matter at hand, which is finding Colt and Molly.

The other side of the story is here, BTW.

I've studied the photos and seeing the condition of the grandpa's eyes is pretty disturbing in itself. Apparently he was exposed to Agent Orange during the Vietnam War? A sad situation for anyone to have to live with. But once you get beyond that, there's not really much that looks like a beating. Maybe he got knocked down, maybe there was a scuffle, I don't know, but I just don't see the kind of bruising he'd have if he'd been beaten with fists.

Another important issue that shouldn't be overlooked is the danger Con exposed these LEOs to. The chase began as a simple traffic stop for running a stop sign. Why didn't he just pull over and take the ticket? Why did he have to run? Here's another high-speed chase that took place in Oklahoma this week, but this one didn't end so well:

http://www.news9.com/story/24538498/ohp-identifies-officers-killed-during-washita-county-chase

IMO, I think CN had drugs on him. Although, he could have thrown them out of his car during the chase. Maybe he was trying to get distance between his vehicle and the police vehicle before he attempted it OR his drugs were in a hard to reach place in his vehicle to grab and throw, so he needed to find a way to stop. I'm just theorizing though. I don't quite understand why he fled either. Maybe he is just plain stupid. I wonder if he was high on something?

JMO

I read about the other side of the story about the alledged assault on the grandpa. I think that story is much closer to the truth. I think the grandpa is probably extremely dependent on his family, so he is very protective of that and them— no matter what they do. Even if it means they are breaking the law and causing havoc.

On another level, I feel bad for the grandpa. Although, he isn't doing any favors for CN by excusing his actions all the time. The kid feels and acts invincible and that is what is going to hang him eventually. A wasted life, IMO.

JMO

IMO, I think CN had drugs on him. Although, he could have thrown them out of his car during the chase. Maybe he was trying to get distance between his vehicle and the police vehicle before he attempted it OR his drugs were in a hard to reach place in his vehicle to grab and throw, so he needed to find a way to stop. I'm just theorizing though. I don't quite understand why he fled either. Maybe he is just plain stupid. I wonder if he was high on something?

JMO

Yeah, that was my train of thought, that he had something in the truck he didn't want to be caught with. Either tossed out en route or, more likely, stashed somewhere between the house and the spot where he abandoned the vehicle.

He wasn't charged with DUI, though, so maybe not in an obviously altered state when they apprehended him.

Today I'm thankful I don't live in that county, because I would be in jail for sure!

Here's to hoping Molly and Colt are found!! I just read nearly 300 posts of non info of fb, I'm not sure I'll do that again. I couldn't find any news about Joe Russell even though there were claims it was front page news. If it's true I do think this is interesting timing.

Very interesting that Mr Russell took a leave all of a sudden. I sure would love to know why. Hmm...maybe it's getting a little too hot in the kitchen?

Sent From Tapatalk

Molly's family wants justice!! They are threatening to out some people who where there that night on facebook.

Molly's family wants justice!! They are threatening to out some people who where there that night on facebook.

Yep, just saw that. Go, PMF!

Seriously though, during all the months they couldn't get the various local LE jurisdictions to do anything with the case other than play hot potato, the Millers were out there knocking on doors, making phone calls, and conducting interviews, writing it all down. Doing LE's job for them. So if she does start naming names, I'm sure she has good reason to believe those particular people know something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas