OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #2

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by wfgodot, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Dallen

Dallen Member

Just a few thoughts I've had catching up on this new thread...

There was a party on the 8th? That was a Monday. Does this seem strange to anyone else?
    With that many grass fires in the area of Oswalt, Pike, and Long Hollow roads, how does anyone still have a home out there?

And I agree OkieGranny. Those were my thoughts when I first saw the pic of the 3 bodies. We need someone to care for these cases and take that kind of precision with some of these OK cases (Jamison's, Colt & Molly, Bible & Freeman off the top of my head), just like they did unearthing these bodies. Some of these LE are laughable, so I think if an outside group can help, wonderful!

2. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

That temp isn't so bad, but I was thinking about the rest of the day, especially if they never made it out of that area. I can picture Molly looking around for something to drink for herself and CH and maybe she came upon CN and/or his friends.

3. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

4. maureen718

maureen718 Active Member

The Monday night party does not seem weird to me, it was summertime and I think people just get together and hang out around a fire a lot that time of year, long summer days, school's out, vacation time and it feels good to be outside at night. I wish a few of these people would show up to these parties with musical instruments and they hung out playing music and enjoying the night. I don't think they'd feel like burning down the fields anymore.

5. Dallen

Dallen Member

True. I guess I was just thinking about when I was in HS and college. We didn't party on any day that wasn't Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (summer or not, we all had jobs), but we also weren't involved in police chases, meth, car theft, or killing people and hiding their bodies. ;)

6. Leader6518

Leader6518 Active Member

If LE ended the pursuit at 11:00pm, the wreak would have happened shortly after. If they did take off running and Colt climbed a tree and fell breaking his ankle, that would account for the 911 call from Molly's phone at 12:57am. Don't know how phone reception would be in a rural area under a tree cover, but it is possible she lost reception and the call back would have gone unanswered. Molly may have tried to move around to get reception, but in the dark in rough terrain, she may have waited until it started getting lo
    Light to try and find a way out and get cell reception. Could it have been CH who used her phone because his didn't have reception? another idea is that she tried to get reception and ran across someone who was not happy to see someone snooping around. My first thought was that CN was trying to scare them due to the bad blood between them that CH family discussed on Blogtalk radio and then a fight between them happened and CH and MM was running from CN.

7. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Court Calendar (Source: http://www1.odcr.com/)

February 18:

Con: Probation Violation on 2011 Possession of CDS
    Preliminary Conference for January 3 Eluding and Reckless Driving charges

Sabrina: Preliminary Conference for Fraudulent Insurance Claim and False Reporting charges

February 27:

Con: Preliminary Conference for January 21 Eluding and ADW charges

March 11:

Con's mom: Disposition Docket for DUI, Possession of CDS, Transporting Firearm, and TOC charges

I've been googling a little bit to get an idea of what to expect with these court dates. Found this describing the differences between a preliminary conference and a preliminary hearing:

http://www.oklahomacounty.org/departments/districtattorney/documents/CourtProcess.pdf

Different wording here:

https://www.oklahomacounty.org/departments/districtattorney/CriminalProcess.aspx

Con's mom pled not guilty to her charges, so I'm not sure how this applies:

https://www.oklahomacounty.org/departments/districtattorney/CriminalProcess.aspx

An oddity: A speeding ticket was issued to James Con Nipp on January 23, 2014 for driving 75 in a 65 mph zone in Love County. The ticketing officer is a different name than the arresting officers listed on all of Con's other current charges. Hasn't he been in jail since the 21st? What is this about?

BTW, there's a notation on Sabrina's ODCR records that she has hired an attorney, the same attorney Con used for his 2011 CDS charge.

8. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

bolded by me

I didn't see anything on it here (link), but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

http://www1.odcr.com/results?page=1

9. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

10. OkieGranny

11. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

Either that or LE was keeping an eye on him, so they could get him on every infraction . . hoping he will crack from the pressure or they wanted to see if he had drugs on him. Sometimes cops wait until someone breaks a traffic law, so they can stop them and check them out.

just a thought . . might not be true . .

12. OkieGranny

But Con was already in jail on the date of this ticket. That's why I'm scratching my head. :confused:

13. BlithePlum

BlithePlum New Member

Could it possibly be a matter of when the information was entered? No idea what the process is behind the scenes there, but I know from watching situations with my next door neighbor (a regular offender) the dates on here are not always 100% spot on.

14. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

I see what you mean . . that is weird.

15. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

It says at the top = Date Filed 01/23/2014

So wondering if that is just the date it was filed and maybe the actual ticket was issued prior to that? Maybe just a late filing when normally they are filed same day as ticket issued.

16. OkieGranny

Okay, wow, just had an eye-opening experience.

A few weeks ago, I posted some data:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10120796&highlight=crime#post10120796

Just looking at these numbers without any other information to go, one might assume Love County is a remarkably low-crime area. Unfortunately, we do have other information to go on, and I believe these numbers paint a false picture of what's really going on down there.

Colt and Con both had a history of drug arrests, specifically involving meth, so it's not unreasonable to think that the use and/or distributing and/or manufacturing of meth probably played some part in whatever happened to Colt and Molly.

How do you quantify the meth problem in Love County? Not by the arrest rate, obviously. I was poking around on ODCR this morning when the idea of a spreadsheet occurred to me. Not everyone who's using or selling or cooking meth is being arrested, but I thought it might be interesting to see who is being arrested, and by whom, so I recorded every felony drug arrest in Love County beginning January 1, 2013 through today, a period of about 13 months. Just wrapped up my little project, and the most shocking thing is what's NOT there.

There are six different LE jurisdictions that arrested individuals for felony drug crimes during this period of time. LCSO and Marietta PD, of course, but also Thackerville PD, the OHP, the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs, and the Lighthorse Tribal Police. Here's a summary of my findings:

Love County SO racked up 14 felony drug arrests in this 13-month period of time, eight for possession of meth and one for possession of meth with intent to distribute. Of these nine meth arrests, six were by Deputy Branson, the deputy I think of as "the good one."

Marietta police officers arrested 25 people on felony drug charges, ten for possession of meth and one for intent to distribute meth. Some of the other arrests may or may not have been for meth but this isn't specified, and I'm only counting the ones that are specified.

Thackerville PD arrested five people on felony drug charges, two of those were for possession of meth.

There were three arrests by the OHP, but only one for possession of meth.

Two arrests by the OBNDD, one for unlawful delivery of meth.

Lighthorse PD arrested 30 people on felony drug charges, 21 of those for possession of meth.

So that's a total of 45 meth-related felony arrests over a 13-month period in Love County. Mostly for possession, a couple for intent to distribute, and one for unlawful delivery.

You know, if you spend enough time on Facebook reading pages related to this case, you eventually run across comments pointing fingers at various people from that area as being meth cooks. Here a meth cook, there a meth cook, everywhere a meth cook. But there have been ZERO arrests for cooking meth in Love County since January 1, 2013. Not a one. Not by any LE jurisdiction. I'd like to hear an explanation for that, because I don't believe for a minute that there's no meth being cooked in Love County.

17. BlithePlum

BlithePlum New Member

Awesome post, OkieGranny. I wonder how the surrounding counties stack up to Love (not asking you to do that! just wondering out loud).

18. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Very interesting Okiegranny. It kind of makes one wonder if someone was turning a blind eye at times. It seems like there should be at least a few cases of "manufacturing". I think that would be the proper charge.

It makes one wonder if there is some sort of deeper conspiracy involving money going on.

Not too long ago in another state, it was alleged that a certain jurisdiction was only pulling vehicles over on one side of the highway because they knew drug money was heading that one way. They of course would confiscate any alleged drug funds and issue tickets or arrests and charges. On the other side of the highway, there were virtually no tickets ever issued for anything not even speeding.

19. Dallen

Dallen Member

Very interesting. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, OkieGranny.

Are the numbers for 2011 just from LCSO, or all LE in Love County?

20. OkieGranny

The 2011 numbers are the totals from all jurisdictions in Love County.

Went back to ODCR because my curiosity still wasn't satisfied, and had to look all the way back to May 5, 2011 to find an arrest for manufacturing methamphetamine in Love County. Almost three years ago. And the last one before that was February 8, 2011.

Plum, I am planning to look up the same info for Carter County, but had too many people underfoot today and haven't had a chance yet. And then maybe Jefferson County to the west and Marshall County to the east to see how they compare.