OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #2

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by wfgodot, Sep 13, 2013.

1. HoneyWest

HoneyWest Well-Known Member

I see the watermark you did. Looks good, keep it up!

2. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Restless with anticipation this morning. Court day! Am keeping my expectations low, so if anything good does happen, it'll be a happy surprise.

A number of supporters plan to be present at the courthouse along with family members, and they've been contacting local and state news outlets to make sure all are aware of today's events. Hopefully fresh news coverage will result from that, and pleasepleaseplease some new information! :please:

There's also been some discussion and some concern expressed on OFMM about the social ties between the DA's office and some of the parties involved in the case. They seem to be weighing options, how best to make sure the DA's office prosecutes these people as vigorously as they deserve.

I'll check back in as soon as there's anything to report. In the meantime, I'll have several browser windows open and will be obsessively clicking the refresh button on all of them, lol.

3. OkieGranny

Sabrina's case was continued until March 25.

A writ of habeas corpus was issued for Con this morning, to get him transported from Love County jail to the Carter County courthouse. Nothing further on him yet.

4. OkieGranny

All I'm picking up so far is Con goes back to court on February 27, but we already knew that. He's scheduled for a preliminary conference on his January 21 Eluding and Assault With a Dangerous Weapon charges.

So was the Motion to Accelerate for violating probation on his 2011 CDS charge not addressed at all today?

Still clicking the refresh button, watching and waiting...

5. OkieGranny

https://www.facebook.com/groups/438762539575189/permalink/516697598448349/?stream_ref=2

Well, Molly's cousin PMF says Con's preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 27.

So, hmm... I'm assuming this means that a preliminary conference for the January 21 charges will be held on February 27 as previously scheduled and a preliminary hearing on the January 3 charges (the ones he was in court for today) is now scheduled for March 27.

Dang it, I wish the court's data entry person would hurry up and get ODCR updated, because I'm feeling a little bit confused. I'd like to see how the records of today's activity will be worded; there might be some more enlightening info there.

6. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Thanks OkieGranny for keeping us udpated. With so many charges and court cases it gets confusing.

I agree about the concern people have with how vigorous they are going to prosecute some of the charges.

7. OkieGranny

Con finally has an attorney, a former Tulsa County public defender now in private practice. Why does he have an attorney based in Tulsa? It's 200 miles away. Did everyone else turn him down?

Still waiting for ODCR to be updated.

8. OkieGranny

Bringing this forward to help us keep track of what all these various conferences and hearings are about.

There are new entries on ODCR indicating that a preliminary conference took place today on Con's probation violation and his eluding charge. That means Step 1 has been accomplished, so that's good.

His preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 27, which will be Step 2. I was worried that Step 1 had been delayed and would not take place until March 27, so I'm happy with this. The wheels of justice move slowly, but they are moving.

Sabrina's records still haven't been updated, but I'd be surprised if it's not the same deal. Step 1 accomplished, Step 2 scheduled for next month.

Updated Court Calendar:

February 27: Con's Preliminary Conference for January 21 Eluding and ADW charges

March 11: Con's mom's Disposition Docket for DUI, Possession of CDS, Transporting Firearm, and TOC charges (Perhaps this is the day she'll be nabbed for Carter County's felony charge of firing at a moving vehicle? Because these other charges are all from Wilson PD; the actual shooting took place outside of city limits.)

March 25: Sabrina's Preliminary Hearing (tentatively a hearing rather than a conference, pending updated ODCR)

March 27: Con's Preliminary Hearing

9. OkieGranny

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/James-Conn-Nipp-and-Sabrina-Graham-back-in-court-246072171.html?llsms=708981&c=y

Nothing new in this article. I saw an earlier version of the video and Con shot the bird at the TV camera. They've blurred it out now. I wish they'd blur out his smirk too.

10. OkieGranny

Okay, well, pooey. ODCR has finally been updated, and Sabrina's preliminary conference was continued to March 25. So her Step 1 has not been completed like Con's has.

Updated Court Calendar:

February 27: Con's Preliminary Conference for January 21 Eluding and ADW charges

March 11: Con's mom's Disposition Docket for DUI, Possession of CDS, Transporting Firearm, and TOC charges

March 25: Sabrina's Preliminary Conference for Fraudulent Insurance Claim and Filing a False Police Report

March 27: Con's Preliminary Hearing for Probation Violation and January 3 Eluding charge

11. coralynne

coralynne Member

So the only hearing even related to Molly and Colt is Sabrina's charges, correct? Or is one of CN's eluding charges in regard to the chase the night MM went missing?

12. OkieGranny

Con's arrest on January 3 was for the car chase in which Colt and Molly were passengers in the car. Then he was arrested again on January 21 for another high-speed chase, so he has two sets of charges against him and two sets of court dates.

13. OkieGranny

Con was in court today on his Assault With a Dangerous Weapon and Eluding charges from the OHP chase on January 21, and now I see a very interesting entry on ODCR:

http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=043-&casekey=043-CF++1400012

02/19/2014 HABITUAL CRIMINAL PUNISHMENT PAGE TWO
    02/27/2014 ENTRY OF APPEARANCE
    02/27/2014 MOTION FOR DISCOVERY
    02/27/2014 CASE SET FOR STATUS CONFERENCE THIS DATE. COURT SETS SAME FOR PRELIMINARY HEARING ON 3-24-14 AT 1:30 P.M. JUDGE ROBERTS

Habitual Criminal Punishment Page Two? I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds encouraging.

14. coralynne

coralynne Member

A motion for discovery is basically a motion to try to find out what evidence the prosecution has... Correct?

15. OkieGranny

Yes, you are correct.

I'm so sorry -- I'm wrapped up in another case right now and terribly distracted, but still can't believe I let this one slip past me. A new felony charge was filed against Con yesterday for Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle:

http://www1.odcr.com/detail?court=043-&casekey=043-CF++1400048

Per Molly's cousin PMF, this charge has nothing to do with driving Sabrina's car; this is for an entirely different vehicle:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/438762539575189/permalink/521005234684252/?stream_ref=2

16. McSpy

McSpy Well-Known Member

Here is the whole history of the Habitual Offender law for Oklahoma:

http://digitalcommons.law.utulsa.ed...habitual criminal punishment page 2 oklahoma"

Seems CN is being charged with it because of all his reckless car chases. It may mean that they will have to give him a minimum sentence by law. Meaning if the minimum is 10 years in prison, 3 years of parole, and loss of license, he will have to do that at the minimum, if he is found guilty. This is how I interpret it. I have no idea what the minimum sentences are in this case. I was just using the 10 years as an example. It could only be 3 years or 5 years. I don't know.

These Habitual Offender laws are used a lot for drunk driving in many states.

JMO

17. whulfc86

whulfc86 New Member

Any more news on this case?

18. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

I think 3/24 is the next action in the case.

19. maureen718

maureen718 Active Member

any updates? I saw a facebook post from Molly's cousin a couple weeks ago but nothing since. Was anyone due in court today?

20. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Well-Known Member

According to the court link okie provided a few replies up, the preliminary hearing was waived. Formal arraignment is 4/22.