OK OK - Norman, Wht/poss NativeFem 30-50, UP4874, smoker, poss childbirth, poor oral hygiene, Aug'74

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network

Case file 894ufok
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/894ufok.htm

l
894ufok.jpg
894ufok_2.jpg
894ufok_3.jpg
894ufok_4.jpg

Forensic rendering of the victim

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: August 5, 1974
Location of Discovery: Moore/Norman, Cleveland County, Oklahoma
Estimated Date of Death: 1974
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 30-50 years old
Race: White with possible Native American admixture.
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Red or auburn or reddish-brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Frequent/heavy tobacco/cigarette user based upon dental evaluation. Possible childbirth. Irregular fracture at the base of the skull surrounding the foramen magnum posteriorly. No hemorrhage associated with this fracture. A similar fracture is present in the medial aspect of the left orbit.
Dentals: Available. No dental restorations present. Individual had poor oral hygiene and probably experienced severe pain due to dental decay. Staining on teeth and calculus indicated the individual used tobacco frequently. Tooth #23 rotated with the mesial edge to the lingual. A solid area of calculus extended from tooth #20 to tooth #29, forming a continuous smooth area, obliterating the interproximal areas.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Pair of light purple or lavender underwear.
Jewelry: None listed.
Additional Personal Items: None listed.
Case History

The skeletal remains of the victim were found in shallow grave in wooded area south of Rockcreek road on 84th street, a 1/2 mile north of Lake Thunderbird. A pair of light purple or lavender panties had been wadded into a small ball and placed in her mouth.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 405-239-7141
Agency Name: NamUs
Agency Contact Person: Angela Berg
Agency Phone Number: 918-582-0985

Agency Case Number: 74-2535
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #4874
Former Hot Case Number: 1729
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs

Screenshot 2021-03-03 172627.jpg

On August 5, 1974 the remains of a female were found about a half mile north of Lake Thunderbird in Cleveland County. She is one of two Jane Does referred to as the Lake Thunderbird Jane Doe.. A pair of light purple underwear were found stuffed into her mouth, otherwise she was naked. It is believed she was between the ages of 30 and 50 years old and approximately 5 foot 2 inches tall with reddish/brown hair. Her cause of death was asphyxia, she had a fracture at the base of her skill and another fracture near her left eye.

Thunderbird Unidentified​

On August 31, 2008, the body of an unknown female was found buried south of the intersection of 120th and Alameda Street in Norman on the Lake Thunderbird State Park Property. The victim's starburst moon tattoo was still visible.
Race:
White
Card Image:
4h.jpg

1654439192979.jpeg

1656981685668.jpeg
1656981720307.jpeg
Jane Doe's bones were found on the property of an old dairy farm of Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, Oklahoma on April 16th, 1981 by a high school student looking for snakes. She is thought to have been deceased between 2-5 years and is thought to have died from a blunt force injury to her head. There is limited information in her case and Jane Doe remains unidentified.

If you have any information regarding the death or identity of the 1981 Cleveland County Jane Doe, you are encouraged to contact the Cleveland County Sheriff's Office at 405-701-8888.

Description: Jane is thought to have been between the ages of 31-45 years old. She was between 5'2 and 5'8 in height and weighed between 110-130 pounds. Hair and eye color are unknown.

Tribal Information: As Jane is unknown, so are her people. Sources differ on her heritage with some listing her as only white while others say she may be indigenous.

Sources:
Unidentified Wiki
NamUs
Oklahoma's Own 9

Thunderbird Unidentified​

On August 31, 2008, the body of an unknown female was found buried south of the intersection of 120th and Alameda Street in Norman on the Lake Thunderbird State Park Property. The victim's starburst moon tattoo was still visible.
Race:
White
Card Image:
4h.jpg

View attachment 348052
This Jane doe has since been identified.

Jane Doe 1974 is still unidentified

This year, Moore/Norman Jane Doe's case turns fifty. Ideally we would like to get her name back before August 5th, or at the very least make significant strides in getting her name back. We've started calling her Birdie Doe.

I have spoken to state anthropologist, Angela Berg, about the case and have been made aware that while there is DNA on file for Birdie, it's not a complete profile. They have tried several times to get a complete profile, to no avail, and that she is not a good candidate for genetic genealogy. We're kind of left with finding people who weren't necessarily reported missing and getting them and their dna from the maternal and paternal sides into the system.
1.png

This year, Moore/Norman Jane Doe's case turns fifty. Ideally we would like to get her name back before August 5th, or at the very least make significant strides in getting her name back. We've started calling her Birdie Doe.

I have spoken to state anthropologist, Angela Berg, about the case and have been made aware that while there is DNA on file for Birdie, it's not a complete profile. They have tried several times to get a complete profile, to no avail, and that she is not a good candidate for genetic genealogy. We're kind of left with finding people who weren't necessarily reported missing and getting them and their dna from the maternal and paternal sides into the system.
View attachment 486085
Sounds like a case for Othram @othram there is hardly DNA that is too degraded for them

View attachment 486085
I graduated Moore HS 1974. I should pay more attention. Hmm, I guess that makes it my 50th reunion. Man time flies. I’ll have to spend some thought on this Doe.

I've asked if we could get Othram involved, the indirect answer from the medical examiner's office was no.
That is very sad. Many offices cooperate with modern state of the art labs (not only othram, there are some others, too) if they do not get viable DNA. Sometimes you really wonder... They wont cooperate with anyone else? Not even with Parabon, Moxxy, Identifinders, DDP? Very upsetting.
Even big ones like DDP consult and hand cases over to othram and other places if the labs they use cant proceed. It should not be a competition...

That is very sad. Many offices cooperate with modern state of the art labs (not only othram, there are some others, too) if they do not get viable DNA. Sometimes you really wonder... They wont cooperate with anyone else? Not even with Parabon, Moxxy, Identifinders, DDP? Very upsetting.
Even big ones like DDP consult and hand cases over to othram and other places if the labs they use cant proceed. It should not be a competition...
In my experience, Oklahoma as a whole doesn't like to play well with others. Not even within the state. You're right, it shouldn't be a competition. Personally, if someone else came up with her identity, I would consider it a win. It's frustrating

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back