Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by future criminologist, May 25, 2009.

1. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2327dfga.html

I have always thought shelooked alot like Sharon , does anyone know what became of her daughter , probably was not at the party with her though, but she did leave with 3 men who is to say she couldnt have picked her up at some point!

2. sloane7777

maybe both are true, for instance pedophiles sister was a single drug addict ?........you know the whole birds of a feather dysfunctional family situation!:facepalm: ICK but not uncommon!

3. reasypeasy

reasypeasy Active Member

This may sound silly because of distance... but what about Victoria Allen from the UK? Do we know where Floyd was in all of May 1975? Could he have been in the UK? Did he ever travel under a false identity... we know he had false identities, how well crafted were they?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/731dfuk.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-149542/Man-accused-killing-family-27-years-on.html

I mean just thinking about the story of the disappearance of Patricia Allen and her two kids... we know that John Allen probably got scratches when he killed his wife. The kids were seen by people when he had scratches on his arm so he didn't kill them with his wife. A witness heard a child tell daddy he was hurting mummy. So he had a dead body and one or two distressed child witnesses to his crime. His new love didn't want to raise his two kids. Let's say he found someone willing to take the lot of it off his hands for a price.

That someone could have been Floyd. Floyd kills the boy, disposes of both the bodies, but decides to keep Victoria. Because it is in the era before computers, fabricating the necessary documents and story to get her out the country isn't as hard as it would be now... or maybe he just puts her in a steamer trunk and gets on a ship to the USA or Canada or anywhere that travel to the USA was easy. Ocean travel was more of a thing back then and there were no xray machines in ports. Floyd then feels smugly justified in having "saved" Victoria.

4. MadeaBecBec

MadeaBecBec "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's

Went looking around Tennessee's RSO site and lookee what I found; http://www.tbi.tn.gov/sorint/sor_Details.aspx?htid=00129377 JERRY LYNN FLOYD Makes me say "MMMMM" and now my mind is spinning.... Could it be? Of all the "surprises" in this case, this idea (same last name) surprised me the least....

5. MadeaBecBec

MadeaBecBec "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's

Gloria's daughter is very much alive and married, see this; http://www.asylumprojects.org/index.php?title=Special:AWCforum/st/id528/#post_4082

ETA: The daughter has a facebook page, too, "Where is Gloria Jean?"

6. sloane7777

Well its WAS a thought good glad she is safe, now as for Jerry he looks alot like Floyd does I wonder if we can find his family tree??? it says he was convicted in 89 as well, and home address would be interesting to see if anyone is digging under the home (if he is at the same address, i guess we need to find address history! I would be i suppose a cousin on his fathers side maybe

7. sloane7777

Hmmm looks like he owns an auto dealership j floyd

8. Jerri Blank

Jerri Blank Active Member

going on the though she was never reported missing:

is it possible she was the daughter of a prostitute or run away as suggested before, and that floyd killed the mother and took her? maybe there is a UID out there who shows signs of having given birth before...

or maybe there is a woman who was reported missing but her family was unaware she had a child?

its not likely there would be DNA on file from anyone of that era, right?

9. sloane7777

Yes right , but if this female daughter , was really a cousin, I guess depending on which side, they can identify the family line......what a mess:facepalm:

10. ashyboy16

ashyboy16 Member

The way I see it, if Sharon WAS the niece of the pedophile, there's a high chance her mother or father were abusive, alcoholics, died, etc and the authorities thought (for some reason or another) he was the best guardian or maybe he was all she had left. And if that's the case, of course they wouldn't report her missing. The guy was a pedophile who supposedly murdered Janet Carter and Christina Carter, if that's ever proven to be true, then I don't see why he'd care whether Sharon was gone or not. He'd probably kill her anyway.

As for the lady who gave the tip, it's not a surprise to me if she kept quiet this long. It was out of pure fear of the consequences she'd likely face if she did talk.

Edit: And not to mention that the foster care system and the authorities were definitely not that great back then.

11. Jerri Blank

Jerri Blank Active Member

indeed! i am just trying to think outside the box. what a strange and sad story.

12. MysticJynx

MysticJynx Just Sayin'

I recently read the book A beautiful child, the true story of Sharon Marshall. Her story is a remarkable one.

I was looking around in old newspapers to see what I could find on missing children who may not be in any online systems I have access too. I found a little blond haired, blue eyed girl that went missing out of Texas 1974. The only thing is they may or may not have found her remains several years later and identified them to be of this little girl. I have not found such a story in the newspapers that I have access to on the Newspapers.com site. Only place it says that her bones were identified is a small Texas genealogy site in which her tombstone is located. Knowing that after so long some families declare their loved ones dead and hold memorials. burials for them even if they have not been found. So Im rather confused about this little girl. If her remains HAVE NOT been found then is it possible this little girl is Sharon?

Dessie May Holt, born Oct 27, 1966. Disappeared July 19 1974 from Ft. Stockton, TX. On July 31st Her clothing was found neatly folded with a towel on top of them, under a bush off the Highway.

These two links I have posted below are of Dessie Holt's online memorial on findagrave.com. The other is the only place that I have been able to find that say her remains were found outside of Ft. Stockton in the following years. Would like to find out if that is true. Anyone who would know I'd greatly appreciate the input.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=10130933&PIpi=5697900

http://genealogytrails.com/tex/bigbend/upton/resthaven_cemetery.html

Because I am not sure if Dessie Holt was found, I put her picture together with some of Sharons pictures. I must say they do look a lot alike. Other than the noticeable traits. Blond Hair and Blue eyes she also seems to have the same ears, chin, eye shape, and nose. Other than the freckles sported on Dessie Holt. I found them to be very close in looks. Even that one bigger front tooth on the left.

[​IMG]

Hope someone out there can shed some light on Dessie Holt. Because if she or her remains have not been found, I believe shes a good candidate for Sharon.

Anyway just my thoughts, opinions and questions.

I find it odd that I cant find anything about her remains being found and identified. Still looking but nothing.

13. annemc2

annemc2 her name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis

Gah - I wish I could remember more... I was a member of another site that did some pretty extensive digging into DMH and the possible connection to Sharon Marshall. Whatever is left of that forum is not public so I couldn't find any of the old info.

IIRC her remains were found - I think someone from the other site was in contact with the family. However, that's relying on my notoriously unreliable memory. Good find, MJ! Let's see if anyone here at WS knows anything.

ETA: porchlight had some archived info: http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t66296.htm
    There was also some chatter on t**** - posts 44-46 if you google dessie + "ft. stockton"

14. MysticJynx

MysticJynx Just Sayin'

Yeah I saw the one or two statements on porchlight and the link posted there. Just seems like there should be more. If she was killed and they did find her remains, did they find the person who did it. Makes one wonder.

15. sloane7777

MYSTIC Check out Matts Tenn. link have you seen this?, I really still think this fits the R/M theory as well, because they were from GA. very close.

http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/blog/tennessee-link

16. MysticJynx

MysticJynx Just Sayin'

Yeah that is interesting. I saw but there has been no update for almost a year. I hope they find out something soon. Would wonder why the nieces family hasn't come forward about a missing child.

17. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The girl/woman who used the aliases Sharon Marshall, Suzanne Davis, and Tonya Tadlock has finally been identified.

Her real name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis, and she was from North Carolina. Franklin Floyd fled with Suzanne while Suzanne's mother was serving a 30 day jail sentence.

Read More
    http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/blog/finally

18. annemc2

Still trying to pick my jaw up off of the floor.

19. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You are going to have to change the question "Who is Sharon Marshall?" next to your avatar. LOL.

20. annemc2

Haha! I just did! Next it will be your turn (fingers crossed)!