OK - Pastor's body found burned near Chickasha church, Jun 2017

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
kfor.com:

Police investigating after pastor’s body found burned outside Chickasha church

On Friday morning, officers from the Chickasha Police Department were called to a possible fatality at the First Missionary Baptist Church, which is located near 12th and Georgia.

Authorities say once they arrived, they found the burned body of 55-year-old Michael Dean Walworth, who is a pastor in the community.

Investigators say Walworth’s body was found on the ground between the church and a nearby residence.

At this point, they say they do not know how the fire was set or the exact cause of Walworth’s death.

However, investigators say they believe it to be an isolated incident, adding that no further danger to the public has been indicated.
---

KOCO has deceased's picture

Daily Oklahoman:

---
The Rev. Michael Dean Walworth, 55, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. Walworth, who was also known as Mike Willits, was the pastor of First Missionary Baptist Church in Chickasha. Investigators haven't found an explanation for Walworth's alias, said Lt. Scott Weaver, a spokesman for the Chickasha Police Department.
---
more at the link

Hm.

stwnewsexpress:

UPDATED: Body of Oklahoma pastor found burned near church building

---
Many of Walworth parishioners said they knew Michael's last name to be Willits, and although his Facebook page also states his name as Willits, Weaver confirmed the victim's last name as Walworth.

Walworth was a convicted sex offender whose registration sentence recently ended. His registry sentence started June 12, 1998. The offense allegedly took place in Texas. He was accused of lewd or indecent proposals / acts to a child, according to public record.
---

Will be interesting to see what the ME reports. Because at this point, it could've been an accident, suicide or homicide. Saying the community is not in danger could be because they don't believe its homicide or simply to not send the community into hysteria.

His past and the fact that many parishioners didn't know he used an alias raises some red flags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geographically quite close to Anadarko, where another pastor was killed in her church a few years ago.

Off to find a link...

I think the thread title should be changed to 'Sex Offender's body found burned', since it dramatically changes how most would view this incident/possible crime. I think it's clear that he was using an alias to escape his past. I don't know why the police would be confused by that.

if she was a sex offender, I'll sit up & take notice

Geographically quite close to Anadarko, where another pastor was killed in her church a few years ago.

Off to find a link...

I don't understand how this could be suicide.

How can a sex offender (against a child) be a pastor? I can guess why he used an alias. Could it be that this "pastor" had some enemies?

I'm not sure, but everything I've read about his past vs his present life says that he had turned his life around and worked with prisoners on turning theirs around as well.

That being said, the alias part throws in a major curve ball though. And if his parishioners didn't know about the alias, did they know his past involved a sexual crime against a child? And did this come back to haunt him? So many questions.

I'm not sure, but everything I've read about his past vs his present life says that he had turned his life around and worked with prisoners on turning theirs around as well.

That being said, the alias part throws in a major curve ball though. And if his parishioners didn't know about the alias, did they know his past involved a sexual crime against a child? And did this come back to haunt him? So many questions.

That is great if he turned his life around and helped others BUT him using an alias imo is not a good sign. Also I could see him helping others with their addictions without becoming a pastor. This just looks really really bad.

People may have trusted him to be around their children not knowing he was a convicted sex offender. It's a very scary thing. Even if he did do his time, In my own experience I've never seen a pedophile change their ways. I guess I have to keep an open mind about it, but that's hard for me to do.

Also in most states Facebook does not allow sex offenders to have social media accounts. Not sure about the state he created his account in.

For LE to say that this is "an isolated incident" and that there is "no further danger to the public" indicates imo that they know this was a specifically targeted crime, or non-homicide, which I dont see how that could be, but who knows.

I'm sure this thread would be filled with concern and condolences, was he not a sex offender. Jmo.

Exactly. I agree with you both, margarita and creepcrusher. I think there will be a lot coming to light in the next few days. And I'll be thinking and praying for his family, friends and parishioners. Never easy.

I wonder what type of accelerant was used. Just lighting a match isn't going to be enough to cause death.

Mike Willits aka The Rev. Michael Dean Walworth's FB page.

First Missionary Baptist Church's FB page.

Thanks for sharing, wfgodot.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or pick this guy apart, but ethnobotany? Isn't that the study of regional plants? So no religious education? Unless what he studied at USAO is. (BTW, For those that don't live in the area, USAO is a very small university there in Chickasha....University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma). His page seems a lot different than the dozens of other pastors I know. Just MO of course. Something is off.

I haven't seen any more news or releases today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back