Resolved OK - Pittsburg Co., Skeletal remains, Lake Eufaula, Jan'13 - *RELIC*

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Pittsburg County undersheriff says remains at Lake Eufaula (kjrh.com)
---
Pittsburg County Undersheriff Richard Bedford tells 2NEWS there are some oddities that appear more than coincidental. He said the location and placement of the remains indicates they were placed there intentionally and possibly "cut up and stacked."

Bedford said a cinder block wrapped with a cable, either a trotline or meant to weigh the remains down, was found between the two bodies.

A number of teeth and two skulls have been identified so far, which authorities hope will be helpful with identification. One set of remains is mostly exposed due to low lake levels, said Bedford.
---
more at the links
Pittsburg County officials say the skeletal remains of two people were discovered at Lake Eufaula as result of lingering drought that's caused the lake level to recede.
---
Skeletal Remains Of 2 Found At Lake Eufaula (newson6.com)

Who was that family that went missing a few years ago? The ones who left their dog in the truck and then disappeared off the face of the earth? I wonder if this is them?

Who is missing around Eufaula? The Jamisons?

Whomever these people are, they need to be ID'd.

Please tell me that Lake Eufaula was searched for the Jamisons, way back when. But maybe not, due to their truck being found on the mountain? :banghead:

Jamison vehicle recovery coords = 35.006097 -95.200653

If they'd found three sets of remains and one was clearly that of a child, I'd say definitely, it's them. And it is the best chance the Jamison case has had of being solved. But Oklahoma is a pretty rough and tumble, meth-cooking kind of place, especially in the outback, and Eufaula affords plenty of criminals a safe alternative when it comes to disposing of their dead - as, almost assuredly, a crime is involved here. I'm interested to know specifically where on the lake the remains were found.

Now it's in the hands of the ME and OSBI, and neither of those agencies, I might warn the non-Okie reader, has done themselves particularly proud in the last few years in terms of handling matters in a manner both timely and efficiently.

:( :sigh:

Maybe Madyson wasn't killed. Which brings up disturbing possibilites.

If they'd found three sets of remains and one was clearly that of a child, I'd say definitely, it's them. And it is the best chance the Jamison case has had of being solved. But Oklahoma is a pretty rough and tumble, meth-cooking kind of place, especially in the outback, and Eufaula affords plenty of criminals a safe alternative when it comes to disposing of their dead - as, almost assuredly, a crime is involved here. I'm interested to know specifically where on the lake the remains were found.

Now it's in the hands of the ME and OSBI, and neither of those agencies, I might warn the non-Okie reader, has done themselves particularly proud in the last few years in terms of handling matters in a manner both timely and efficiently.

Yes, Oklahoma's OSBI takes incompetence to a whole new level.

---
Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns said the ME will determine if the skeletons are historical or are more recent.

“We’re not archeologists, but on our observation, they don’t appear to be that old,” Kerns said.
---
The skeletons were about 20 feet apart.

A cinderblock with a cable tied to it was lying between the skeletons.

“But a lot of people do use rocks or cinder blocks to anchor their (fishing) lines,” he said.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20130122_12_0_McALES753897

This will be heavy on my mind...

I wonder if NS is even aware of this finding....surely ...? Her FB seems to only note the previous single remains finding.

HUGZ to NS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back