GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

OK OK - Pittsburg Co., WhtMale UP5170 & WhtFem UP5174, 18-30, GSW, Apr'95

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by anthrobones, Jul 14, 2006.

1. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

except it is OK, My besties Uncle was just Identified " William Carl Reed " Bill" they gave DNA eons ago and were totally off on the year he went missing in 88 and they had an approx deceased date of 94 or something like that , Really wrong !

Al Ka, dotr and carbuff like this.
  2. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, some of the approximate deceased dates have been really screwed up.

I'm getting to where I don't trust any information about older UIDs unless it's been confirmed recently. Grain of salt? How about a whole salt mine?

Al Ka, dotr, Coffee56 and 1 other person like this.
  3. sloane7777

I totally agree we need to question all pre-internet info because Ive seen things so far off I actually want to drive to the originator and slap them !!

Al Ka and dotr like this.
  4. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Yeah really.

In the old days, most places didn't have a medical examiner. The coroner was whichever local doctor was available. When I read about what they had in the way of training and facilities, I'm amazed it isn't worse than it is.

And so many LE agencies won't even consider there might have been a mistake. It's maddening.

dotr likes this.
  5. Finders

Finders Active Member

Al Ka, sloane7777, wordsick and 2 others like this.
  6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

May 15 2019
    Investigators looking for answers in 24-year-old cold case
    "The bodies were exhumed Tuesday. The case is just one that Morris’s investigative unit is looking at, after he formed the unit in December 2017 hoping to solve old cases with the technology we have today.

“It could possibly go further," Morris said about possibly matching John Doe's and Jane Doe's DNA with someone in a registry. "Once we notify the family, they may have some information on why they would be in this area, who they would travel this area with, or last contacts.”

The bodies were weeks old when they were originally found, with the victims estimated to be between 18 and 23 years old. Investigators say both were killed by gunshots to the chest.

The petition for the exhumation calls for full body and dental radiographs, as well as a DNA sample."

Al Ka, carbuff and Finders like this.
  7. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

Unidentified bodies found in Oklahoma not missing Texas pair

Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris told the McAlester News-Capital the DNA does not match relatives of a Dangerfield, Texas, couple who disappeared around the same time the bodies known as John Doe and JaneDoe were found in 1995.
    [...]
    Morris said the DNA will be entered into a national missing persons database.

dotr, Al Ka, annemc2 and 1 other person like this.
  8. sloane7777

Since they didn't have DNA I wonder what all these rule outs are based on??Dentals

dotr and annemc2 like this.
  9. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Sheriff: Cold case DNA to enter national database

[​IMG]

DNA from two bodies exhumed from a Pittsburg County cemetery will enter a national database after it did not match a missing person case in Texas.

The two bodies — a man and a woman — were found by a guardrail under a tree near Crowder Point on April 9, 1995, and have not been identified despite a nationwide effort at the time. Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris said

“It’s disappointing,” Morris said. “We were hoping to bring closure to this family, but it didn’t happen in this case.”
    ---
    Morris said the DNA results were first compared to a family from Daingerfield, Texas, who investigators believed could have been related to the two bodies found as there was two missing people from that area around the same time when John and Jane Doe were discovered in 1995.

The sheriff said the DNA results will now go into a national database where the results will be compared to other families that have provided DNA in hopes of finding their missing family members.

Sheriff: Cold case DNA to enter national database

dotr, Mrs. Badcrumble and MadMcGoo like this.
  10. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

dotr and iulia like this.