OK-Police Take New Approach To Missing Persons Cases

Discussion in 'Missing Archives' started by hoppyfrog, Oct 19, 2007.

1. hoppyfrog

hoppyfrog Retired WS Staff

SeriousSearching posted this in another thread and I thought is was worth posting here as well.

http://www.kotv.com/news/local/story/?id=138208

10/18/2007

Tulsa's homicide squad room houses notebooks filled with about three dozen missing persons cases that detectives fear are the victims of foul play.

"When you start talking about looking for a needle in a haystack, that's what we do. There are methods we go through to establish they are not in existence," said Tulsa Police Sgt. Mike Huff.

The first step to making these cases a higher priority is to put them on the police department's website so citizens can see pictures, read the stories and send in tips.

Detectives also created a better screening system so they'll know faster which cases are suspicious. Plus, they'll be working with national groups like the DNA Project at the University of North Texas. They collect DNA from unidentified remains and compare it to missing people.

more at link

2. Loading...

3. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

Thanks, Hoppy! I wasn't certain where to post it!

4. docwho3

docwho3 New Member

I am happy to see L.E. are willing to pour in the time, money and effort to kick their work quality level up a notch on missing persons cases. It can't be easy to make changes but maybe it will be a help to the families.

Impressive.
    :clap:

5. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

I was shocked to find out we had that many missing from Tulsa! They aren't listed anywhere else!!

6. strach304

strach304 New Member

This is a very good thing. :dance: