OK OK - Rev. Carol Daniels, 61, Anadarko, 23 Aug 2009

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by KaylynnCouture, Aug 24, 2009.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Welcome to posting at WS, Darkravyn.

Snoopster likes this.
  2. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

9 Years Later, Evidence Revealed In The Murder Of Pastor Carol Daniels

"In your mind, you think, how could anybody do this to another person much less someone who is down there serving God,” said Howard."

According to the autopsy report, Daniels had been stabbed multiple times, her head nearly severed, her hair set on fire.

The killers didn’t stop there. Investigators say her body was also stripped nude, doused with a cleaning solution, and in the opinion of some — posed as if on a crucifix.

“There’s several theories involved,” explained Caddo County District Attorney Jason Hicks.

Hicks says investigators considered several motives through the years, eventually, calling it a foiled robbery — where the suspects, likely looking for drug money, took something more valuable — forensic evidence.

Investigators have never recovered her clothing. The murder weapon also disappeared without a trace.

Investigators say newly-released surveillance video shows something ‘suspicious’. The security cameras at a nearby convenience store captured a blurry white figure leaving the vicinity of the church — at the time of the crime.

But not only did a search come up empty, he says, that woman, their only witness, passed away days later.

“It seems like every time we take a step forward, we are taking two steps back,” Hicks said.

fred&edna, Bootsctr, Canaille and 2 others like this.
  3. Canaille

Canaille Crank

Bumping in memory of Pastor Daniels, and Foxfire who introduced me to this case.

fred&edna, Bootsctr, kai and 3 others like this.
  4. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a more ghastly crime? This wonderful woman and her family deserve justice.
    What the heck was going on here in this town? I presume the crime was due to one messed up person, but I would like the community to step forward and raise their voices!

fred&edna, Canaille and Bootsctr like this.
  5. Canaille

Canaille Crank

I've often wondered... if i recall correctly, one of the first officers on the scene had later committed suicide. I wonder if it had anything to do with the case... his death could've been a result of anything, but he could've also have known something about her death.

fred&edna likes this.
  6. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Bootsctr likes this.