OK OK - Sandy Pathresa Rea, 17, Shawnee, 19 Sept 1984

Another observation:

She was last seen on September 19th, 1984. This date is a Wednesday. I don't know what high school was like at that time, but a Wednesday night party is out of the norm for me. If there was a party, it would have been small IMO.

I was a freshman at Oklahoma Baptist University in Shawnee when Sandy disappeared. She may not have gone to a high school party. Compared to OBU, St. Greg's was a big party school. There were parties every night of the week. I went to the movies that night with my room mate and two boys who were students at St. Greg's. I went back to the dorm after the show, I think it was Purple Rain, starring Prince, but my roomie and the boys went to a big party somewhere. I wasn't a partier so I didn't go, but my roomie didn't come home that night, showing up just in time to shower (or not) and make it to class (late), and that was typical for her and a lot of others. So I don't think a party or even several on a Wednesday night would be unusual for that time and place.

Thanks for the insight nanny2five! At that time, was it normal for OBU and St. Greg students to socialize with students at Shawnee High School? I'm sure plenty of Shawnee graduates went to those schools.

Also - Do you have any idea where the party was at? I saw where a private investigator thought she was at a party at Shawnee Twin lakes or at a motel.

Thanks for the insight nanny2five! At that time, was it normal for OBU and St. Greg students to socialize with students at Shawnee High School? I'm sure plenty of Shawnee graduates went to those schools.

I think it would be safe to say that students from OBU and St. Greg's probably did a fair amount of socializing with Shawnee high school students, especially ones who liked to go out to the local parties. I wouldn't have any idea where any parties would have been held. Being the good little girl that I was lol I was never interested ... but a party at a motel could possibly be a college group, or friends of college students visiting in town.

I hope they find this woman after so long, and I hope that is a legitimate website.

I was checking out the Farmers Almanac for Sept 19, 1984. I don't think it is likely there would be a very good party happening after 10PM at Shawnee Twin Lakes on a Wednesday night, with low temp 61F and sustained winds measured at 8MPH (mean 6MPH).

It could happen, but I'm from Shawnee, and unless you had a lake house or a big enough space for a bonfire I think the party would fizzle out pretty fast. The public lake space that exists today closes at 9PM in the Summer and Sunset in the Winter; the lake rangers do enforce the sunset rule. Would be interested if anyone from the era who partied at the the public park on the East Shore (by the old Boy Scout camp) probably know whether or not the lake rangers were aggressive back in the day.

Based on my intimate party knowledge of Shawnee it would be more likely a Wed night get together would be hosted at a private home or a motel on Harrison between Highland & Federal or out on North Harrison where the "party hotels" reside (1st mile North of I-40). Keep in mind, a "party" in Shawnee could have easily been a party that's actually in Seminole, McCloud, Prague, Harrah, Newalla, Choctaw, Asher ... even Oklahoma City. My parents are only a few years older and they regularly traveled to these places from Shawnee for an evening of fun in 1984.

I created this map which includes all of the geopoints mentioned in articles and news reports I have found on the web. If you access the map and click on the data table the data point corresponds to a description and hyperlink to the article that mentions the location. If you have any other geopoints based on news articles, police reports, or otherwise published data please let me know and I will add them to the map. Right now I am trying to find out Sandy's place of residence, and where she was coming from when she first walked to the Kwick Stop. If you have this info please let me know, as well as the the source of the information. https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=znefr-z0jlhw.kTqz3JXgV0Jk

New article out with pretty comprehensive reporting of the overall investigation in Red Dirt Report, including some theories I have not seen published re boyfriend, "Suit Parties", and homicidal overdose/assault of Sandy's best friend at a party at the American Inn the year before, rape by Sandy's step-father, and expanded theories about her relationship with Danny Mcleod.

There is also a report that Sandy was in a physical altercation with her boyfriend two nights before she went missing, during which she broke his knee cap. The night she went missing, he is reported in this article to have borrowed Sandy's mother's car and return it at 2AM with the trunk full of mud. The same night, his father's pawn shop basement was filled in with sand. Read on...

I would still like to know -- where was Sandy residing when she went missing? Where did Mcleod reside?

Additional theories are expanded on re Jim Wells and Ernie Honeycutt, Sandy's step father. Who was Ernie Honeycutt (deceased) and where did he reside?

Read on.... http://www.reddirtreport.com/red-di...disappearance-remains-unsolved-after-30-years

Not sure if anyone noticed, but there is a link in the article that details information on Cynthia Terry's death. Apparently, the suspect was Josh Lee Lunsford who was only 23 at that time. If he was a 'suit' member, then he must have been a relatively young one given their wealthy perception in the article. Another observation is that he was from Seminole and not Shawnee. Regardless, I believe this guy could give us a link to Sandy's social network at the time.

http://newsok.com/suspect-found-in-california-seminole-man-charged-in-girls-death/article/2029873

I also think its interesting that Cynthia died on April 5, 1983 and Melody Jones, a 19 year old who worked in Seminole, but lived in Earlsboro (very near Shawnee), went missing about 1 month later on May 4th, 1983.

It has been 30 years since Sandy went missing.

This ones a new one for me. She was certainly hustling to take care of herself wasn't she? As other people here have already mentioned, being close to her siblings, I don't see her just taking off on her own. :confused:

I pray they find out what happened to her soon.

Someone should check the boyfriend's dad's pawnshop basement...since it was filled in after this incident

I believe they did a Ground Penetrating Radar test of the area, but it yielded no results. Given the current possibilities, I would think she would be there.

I'm not real familiar with GPR testing and I don't know what good it would do in this case. If Sandy is down there, she may be buried in some kind of container. If that is the case, GPR may not be useful, but then again my knowledge of GPR is very limited.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back