OK OK - Shannon Ketron, 8 months, Cordell, 17 June 1982

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by wykyd_r, Jun 22, 2005.

1. emma l

emma l Member

I have been meaning to post this case forever but I could never find any info on it. Well done you guys. I'm gonna have a scout about and see what I can find as well.

2. lostwithoutyou

lostwithoutyou Pray for the Missing ♥

Today, June 17, 2007, marks the twenty-fourth anniversary of Shannon Ketron's disappearance. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
    If you have any information regarding the disappearance or whereabouts of Shannon Patrick Ketron, please call the Cordell Police Department
    at 580-832-2121 or your local police department.

3. Mr. E

Mr. E Well-Known Member

Operation Lookout lists Shannon's case as "Case Closed." Anyone know the reason why? He's not been recovered, so why "case closed"?

Cubby likes this.
  4. meggilyweggily

meggilyweggily Active Member

Sometimes they close the case even when the kid hasn't been found -- I don't know why. Perhaps Shannon's family asked them to give up the search.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/ketron_shannon.html
    I don't have much on this little boy.

Cubby likes this.
  5. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

This whole case sounds weird to me. I mean, some guy just knows you out cold and takes your baby? Were their no witnesses? This case makes me suspend my disbelief almost as much as the Angela Hammond case. Both of these stories give off the odor of BS

Cubby likes this.
  6. forthelost

forthelost I hear the angels call my name and I am Winterborn

7. findanthonyholland

findanthonyholland New Member

I asked several of my friends / family that still live around Cordell and none remember anything about this case. I recentally stumbled into this case because of the disappearance of Anthony Holland and Melissa Flores. All 3 are unrelated but all 3 disappeared from Cordell. I find it amazing that they would close the case of a baby that just disappeared. I know in Anthony's and Melissa's case they have no body and since they are adults you can't prove they didn't just 'leave'. but it is hard for a baby to just 'leave'. Maybe it is easy to close a case if no one is pushing for results.

8. raysgirl1126

raysgirl1126 Proud to be a New England Patriots Fan!!!!

This case seems very strange to me, there is not much info at all available, no one seems to no anything / or remember hearing anything about it.

9. prd2bokie

prd2bokie Member

I am from Woodward, Oklahoma. I'm curious to see if I know her.

10. Bubbasissy89

Bubbasissy89 New Member

There is a facebook page for Ann... From Woodward Oklahoma... https://www.facebook.com/aketron1

11. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Cubby, Mysteries1974 and Sleuthster like this.
  12. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Martha Jean Lambert - Missing since 1985

Shannon Patrick Ketron
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Shannon, circa 1982

• Missing Since06/17/1982
    • Missing FromCordell, Oklahoma
    • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
    • SexMale
    • RaceWhite
    • Date of Birth11/10/1981 (38)
    • Age7 months old
    • Height and Weight1'5, 27 pounds
    • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Some agencies may list Shannon's birthdate as November 12, 1979 and may list the date of his presumed abduction as July 17, 1982.
    Details of Disappearance
    Shannon was last seen in Cordell, Oklahoma on June 17, 1982. His mother, Ann Ketron, stated that they were driving between Buffalo, Oklahoma and Cordell in her silver 1978 Pontiac when they pulled over on a dirt road on the side of Route 183 so she could retrieve something.

A Caucasian male in a green late-model GMC truck came up alongside them and asked Ann if everything was okay. She said she did not need help, and the man told her she looked like his ex-wife. Then he knocked her unconscious.

When Ann woke up, the baby was gone and he has never been heard from again. He is presumed to have been taken by the unidentified man. Shannon's abductor is described as 5'10 and 175 pounds with a dark complexion. He is believed to have taken a green duffel bag out of Ann's car, along with the child.

Ann's husband, Dustin Ketron, was in prison for burglary at the time of Shannon's abduction. Ann took a polygraph test about her son's disappearance, but the results have not been released.

Shannon's case remains unsolved.
    Investigating Agency
    Source Information
    Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 6, 2019; picture, height and weight added.

Cubby and Gardener1850 like this.
  13. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Ok, the mom reports the baby and a green duffel bag are missing from her vehicle after a total stranger allegedly knocked her out? That is almost the exact story Willie Wilson gave when reporting his infant son Delano missing.

I suspect Shannon was a victim of foul play, but not at the hands of a stranger.

14. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Martha Jean Lambert - Missing since 1985

Well, we can’t say for sure until some evidence is found to indicate what exactly happened that day

15. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Well-Known Member

To me, this sounds as if Ann was retrieving something from the glove compartment, backseat, floor of passenger seat, etc. If that was indeed the case, then it wouldn't take more than a minute to do so and get back on the road. Yet the man supposedly had enough time to not only notice in the first place that someone seemed to be having difficulty, pull over, get out of the car and walk over to her?

Or did Ann actually get out of the car to get something out of the trunk?

Mysteries1974 likes this.