Ok, she does/did drugs, allegedly

Orlando is pretty stretched out. There are a lot of really nice neighborhoods, and some run down neighborhoods too. As far as the crime rate, last year the news said that Orlando was like the second highest in the nation for murders due to gang violence. I don't know how true that is though. I wouldn't doubt it. There are many things to do here, but traffic is horrendous. Right now, there is a serial rapist around the UCF area. Um, I don't know what else that you would like to know.

I noticed that someone from another forum said that the Anthony's live in a very nice neighborhood, but I wonder about that. I looked for apartments and houses around that area a couple of years ago, and thought that wasn't the nicest place to live. If it was such a nice neighborhood, then what is up with the above ground pool? Apparently, there isn't a home owner's association that doesn't allow that. I'm sure there place is good enough though. It looked like they took nice care of it.

Now that is interesting, a rapist around UCF - and that's where the police were searching on Wednesday...

In my opinion, and with my experience, i think Casey's teeth look too good for her to be a long-term meth addict. I also think it's unlikely that the drug of choice in all of those clubbing pics would be meth. I think those kids would be more likely to smoke pot, drink too much, maybe do a little ecstasy or cocaine. I also think that if Casey had a serious drug problem she would be angling for cash, not passing bad checks at Target. meth heads I have encountered are usually pretty easy to spot. They have bad skin and brown teeth. Facial ticks.

My Mom works in a clinic providing help to people addicted to drugs (opiates.) Although these people do have many problems and many of them may even be lackluster parents none of them have been exposed to just be blatant, game-playing liars with LE. My Mom works pretty closely with LE (junkies go to jail a lot.) I think addiction is very real and very powerful. I don't think it turns normal people into total monsters, though.

As much as i would like to blame this Mother's cruelty and narcissism on something beyond her control I just don't think that's the truth. I think most people, waking up from a binge, would be able to deduce the the only way to find her child safely would be to at the very least call her Mother for help.

In my opinion, Casey messed up when she didn't call the proper authorities when caylee first died or got hurt or whatever. Her decision to hide that little girl's body has deprived her parents and friends and everyone that knew Caylee the opportunity to lay her to rest with dignity. Young mothers make mistakes. Children get hurt, accidents happen. To put your own Mother, your community and everyone you know through this horror in unconscionable.

librarianmama -

Do you think it is possible that someone else put Caylee in the trunk???

No--I think Casey killed her in a premeditated manner. After listening to her coldly lying to LE in those interviews, it's apparent that she never cared for her daughter.

I think Casey was focused only on herself and the lifestyle she wanted. She saw Caylee as a threat to that, and she was feeling pressure to resolve that. She was getting pressure from Cindy to take better care of her child, and she probably felt Tony slipping away as well. Her solution was to get rid of Caylee. Once she did that, she felt totally free & that's apparent in the pics from Fusian. I think she's a monster who is only concerned with herself.

I think if there was drug running involved, it may have been Casey using Caylee to carry the drugs. I am very close to Detroit and that happens a lot around here. Kids as young as 3 and 4 dying from drug overdose because their parents wanted double the money so they turned their kids into mules too. There are a lot of other uses for kids in the mule business too. Lots of parents that put coke under the kids carseat, heroin in the formula can, hundreds of pills sown up in the kids dolls and stuffed animals.
If Casey was using Caylee to run the drugs, she could have choked to death on a balloon or a baggie, she could have died of an overdose when the baggie exploded. She could have died when a bag got tangled in her intestines and created a blockage, a million different scenarios.
It would definitely be an accidental death and one that Casey would not want to talk about.

Obviously Casey liked to drink and it's possible that she smoked pot, and occassionally used Estacy or Coke in the club scene IMO. I just don't think she was a heavy user of drugs on a regular basis. The pictures with the lollipops definately makes me think of Estacy use though. However, I don't believe that any possible drug activity on Casey's part had anything to do with, or is responsible for Caylee's disappearance IMO. Casey owns that one all by her mentally warped self. JMO

I think if there was drug running involved, it may have been Casey using Caylee to carry the drugs. I am very close to Detroit and that happens a lot around here. Kids as young as 3 and 4 dying from drug overdose because their parents wanted double the money so they turned their kids into mules too. There are a lot of other uses for kids in the mule business too. Lots of parents that put coke under the kids carseat, heroin in the formula can, hundreds of pills sown up in the kids dolls and stuffed animals.
If Casey was using Caylee to run the drugs, she could have choked to death on a balloon or a baggie, she could have died of an overdose when the baggie exploded. She could have died when a bag got tangled in her intestines and created a blockage, a million different scenarios.
It would definitely be an accidental death and one that Casey would not want to talk about.

I have asked myself a million times what could have happened that was so bad that KC has to keep quiet about it. I thought maybe child *advertiser censored* and that's as far as I could get but you have opened a new door, I just hadn't thought like that. Wow. Shocking people can do this to children. I will never understand.

No--I think Casey killed her in a premeditated manner. After listening to her coldly lying to LE in those interviews, it's apparent that she never cared for her daughter.

I think Casey was focused only on herself and the lifestyle she wanted. She saw Caylee as a threat to that, and she was feeling pressure to resolve that. She was getting pressure from Cindy to take better care of her child, and she probably felt Tony slipping away as well. Her solution was to get rid of Caylee. Once she did that, she felt totally free & that's apparent in the pics from Fusian. I think she's a monster who is only concerned with herself.

:newbie: This is my first post, but I've been reading for weeks.

I agree with this. I have two diagnosed sociopaths in my family (kind of scary to wonder whether its a nature thing or a nurture thing!)--and Casey's behavior, as well as that of her family, is so familiar that it terrifies me.

Not all sociopaths are exceptionally smart. They are cunning, and quite often believe themselves to be far more intelligent than they are, simply by virtue of their impeccable manipulation skills.

One of "my" sociopaths is of greater than average intelligence, though not a genius by any means. (He would beg to differ.) The other is average at best. Both can fool the most experienced interviewers, if they're not specifically looking for sociopathy. (The narcissistic aspect of sociopathy is evident to nearly everyone he spends more than ten minutes with, however.)

Neither has formed any meaningful relationships. One, however, has created the appearance of having done so; my father remained married to my mother until her death--more than 50 years. Why? It suited his purposes. She had money, he didn't have to work, he inherited. (He also contributed to her death, but that's a post for another day.)

The other forms intense relationships very quickly--but only maintains them as long as the other people involved meet his needs. He is a drug addict--and yet has talked his way out of legal situations that would curl your hair.

Both are ruthless when opposed. Both lie as a way of life. Both have additional psychopathologies in addition to their completely UNtreatable sociopathy. One is a convicted felon, and the other ...well, he actually is far more evil, but has eluded attention.

When you talk about the relationship between Casey's family's responses and actions and Casey's behavior, there's a natural tendency to want to find an explanation for the way Casey is. It's natural to think that if something had been done differently, she would have turned out differently. After all, it's clear as day that the family is dysfunctional as all get-out.

But I'd suggest that Casey is the way she is because---it's the way she is! Her family's way of interacting with her is more likely a result of her really depraved behavior over a long period of time than the converse. She made THEM what they are!

I know that in my family of origin--the house in which I lived with 2 sociopaths---there was first of all, a great deal of confusion. It is mind-boggling to live with a sociopath. The messages sent are confusing. For many years, most people try to apply normal standards to the sociopath---and that's where the excuse-making or looking for reasons comes in.

They are NOT normal people. Not by a long shot.

They are capable of depravity beyond most peoples' wildest imaginations. And they are generally untroubled by it, unless the consequences somehow impede their lives.

Sorry this turned into a novel---I just wanted to give my own insight into what is going on in that house. I might be off-base---but my observations make my skin crawl.

Yes, Casey drinks. Yes, she uses drugs. Yes, she has parents who do not issue consequences for her behavior (as an aside, it's not unlikely that they are scared of her). But it wasn't those things that allowed her to do what she did. That was permitted by her complete lack of conscience.

She IS a monster. And nothing will ever change that. She might, however, manage to convince a lot of people otherwise.

Welcome, BetsyB! I can relate to your post because my dad was diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, which pretty much makes him a sociopath. My dad was very, very intelligent & that made him even more of a problem. It's very difficult for family members to deal with that sort of behavior--these people inflict such horrible pain without batting an eye. And, with my dad, he was so charming that everyone would tell us "you are so lucky to have him as a dad!"

I guess what has me baffled is Casey's family's response--but I guess it's probably just their own desparate attempt at self-preservation. I think they, esp. Cindy, are in deep, deep denial that is protecting them from the truth which will no doubt destroy their family.

Betsy B and Librariam Mom:

You are sooooo right. I have had my share of experiences with narcissistic, psychotic people and they can fool everyone.

I have asked myself a million times what could have happened that was so bad that KC has to keep quiet about it. I thought maybe child *advertiser censored* and that's as far as I could get but you have opened a new door, I just hadn't thought like that. Wow. Shocking people can do this to children. I will never understand.

I wouldn't have thought of it either, if I hadn't seen the news around here. I really do hate that people can do that to their kids. I even had someone offer me money to just "carry some stuff" in my daughters diaper bag once. Needless to say, I didn't. But a lot of people in the drug trade think that the cops won't even bat an eyelash at a woman with a kid. Fortunately, the police do know that this is going on, so more of these people are getting caught.

This phone call KC is in the jail talking with LA. They are discussing the blackjack phone and disussing the whereabouts of said phone and LA asks her if she was at Universal for work or for fun and she says neither (not a quote) but she was with mutual friends, LA says Gotcha, I understand. So does this mean that LA knows his sister did not really work at Universal, that she just hung around Universal and these mutual friends ,mutual between LA and KC, could this be drug related? Listen to the phone call again....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee-anthony-casey-lee-mp3,0,7946378.mp3file

I have always thought it odd when LA and KC were talking about Universal and she said somethng like "I was in through the park...it wasn't for work but wasn't fun either" and LA says something like "Oh, ok, gotcha"
WTH does that mean? Was she frequently in through the park? With Caylee? Maybe she was "working" for someone there???? A mule.
Also, when LE took her to Universal and ended up questioning her....she said the reason she took them to Universal was to see if security had seen her. Was the "nanny" running drugs and using Caylee as cover...hence all of the "trips" to Disney, Universal, etc. with the nanny??

Not always true.
My daughter used Meth and the only effect it had on her was she lost
a little weight.
I had NO clue... I thought she was just working out.
She did not look any different other than the weight.

They also treat you in jail for withdrawals. We didn't see Casey for a week.
It wasn't until her first bond hearing. IMO she could have had withdrawals
in jail and we wouldn't know.

JMO from my personal experiences with my daughter and withdrawals in jail.

Your daughter was LUCKY! There's a w/s called, I think, "Faces of Meth," that shows the physical degeneration. Ever meth user I've had as a patient, ended up aged 20 years in under five years, and with rotten teeth.

They could have detoxed KC in jail. But, I think someone would have leaked it.

I was not sure where to post this info. I looked on the Seminole County Criminal Dockets site and was QUITE SURPRISED when I put in some of the names on our "Players" thread.

http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/

Where you can put in the name try putting in some of the names associated with the tattoo parlor. One of the people has QUITE the criminal rap sheet--cocaine, multiple marijuana busts, petit theft, battery and so on, and so on.

This is all public record.

<<I know that in my family of origin--the house in which I lived with 2 sociopaths---there was first of all, a great deal of confusion. It is mind-boggling to live with a sociopath. The messages sent are confusing. For many years, most people try to apply normal standards to the sociopath---and that's where the excuse-making or looking for reasons comes in.
They are NOT normal people. Not by a long shot.

They are capable of depravity beyond most peoples' wildest imaginations. And they are generally untroubled by it, unless the consequences somehow impede their lives.>>

Thanks BetsyB for the insight. You must be able to understand way more than most of us about KC & her family. The more I hear from actual family members of sociopaths, the more I "get it".

In a picture she and others are sucking on lollipops........may be innocent but I heard d when on certain drugs like ectasy you want to suck on lollipops????

I saw a pic of Casey on the Lake Vaj myspace page and she was at a party and was wearing those edible candy bracelets. My first thought was "she's on ecstacy." I used to go to raves and had many friends who were really into that scene. Lollipops, pacifiers, candy bracelets, etc. were used when high on Ecstacy. :waitasec:

According to owner of house at Lake Vaj, she never touched any drugs & rarely drank...
See thread discussing with Exit 13 (aka Lake Vaj homeowner) here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71620

BUT that was ALL before Tony and the new group of peeps she was hangin' with...different strokes for different folks. It is also VERY probable that IF she was using drugs that she would not announce it to just anyone and everyone. Drugs are a very secretive thing, and if you are in the midst of a group who does NOT then you do NOT-it is that simple...but that does not mean that there is no group with whom you DO, or that you do not DO alone...

For the record, I am 42 years old and have been exposed to drugs and drug addicts and alcoholics practically my entire life, AND I am THE only person that I KNOW who STILL has a VIRGIN nose...so if it is THIS way in a little ole town in Virginia, then how much MORE in ORLANDO?

I need a refresher on who all said that Casey smokes pot. Tony said that Casey got meaner when she drank or was that Ricardo?

I was thinking the same thing. I know one of the ones the detective interviewed by phone said she smoked pot...who was that? I am too tired to look now...

I was thinking the same thing. I know one of the ones the detective interviewed by phone said she smoked pot...who was that? I am too tired to look now...

It was R. Pasley that was shocked when Casey told him that she was smoking pot. He says that in the past she had always been anti drugs. Page number to follow as soon as I find it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back