OK OK - Shirley 'Joann' Snow, 36, Tulsa, 23 May 1975

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Cagle, May 1, 2013.

1. Cagle

Cagle Member

http://5newsonline.com/2013/04/30/search-begins-for-body-of-woman-missing-since-1975/

2. Loading...

3. Cagle

Cagle Member

4. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

5. STEADFAST

STEADFAST New Member

The Charley Project web page for Shirley has incorrect information. It mistakenly says that she disappeared from Broken Bow, OK. She disappeared from Broken Arrow in Tulsa County. Broken Bow is over 200 miles away from there, in McCurtain County.

Charley Project page: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/banning_shirley.html

I'm not sure how you go about getting things corrected there.

6. Sulamith

Sulamith Active Member

I read the news articles posted here and it seems that the last place she was seen was in Tulsa. One article states that there was a missing person report that stated that she was last seen in Broken Arrow with Banning. I wonder who filed the MP report? Who saw her there, I wonder? One article her son stated she dropped him off at school and then got her hair done at a Tulsa strip mall and then a couple of days later his aunt got a call from her and she did not sound right, said she was somewhere but the aunt could not understand where.

Anyway..here is the front page of the Charley Project. Just click on "Contact Meaghan" to send her an email.

http://www.charleyproject.org/

7. Linda9681

Linda9681 New Member

Well IMO this woman looks like the sketch of the person who abducted Melissa Highsmith. Wonder if Banning made her. You know Franklin Floyd was living in Oklahoma around this time, wonder if Floyd and BNning knew each other. Maybe this is what got her killed.

8. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

Im inclined to believe they probably did know eack other!

9. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Bump.

10. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I wonder why there aren't any updates on the search on this adjacent property. At least none I've found.

11. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

In this space of time, Southeast Tulsa and Broken Arrow run smoothly and seamlessly together. Back when she disappeared, the remote places a body could have been buried between Mingo Road and Broken Arrow are too numerous to count. Why she would have been transported to Arkansas escapes me. Her original burial spot, if in the area she was last seen, has probably been built over by now. In the 1970's this was farmland, remote and rural. Now it is completely suburban. From a Recency Park kid and proud Union Redskin 1970-1976.

12. cmsr84

cmsr84 New Member

I want to say Thank you for starting this forum and letting others know my Grandmothers story. We still haven't had anymore leads into what happened to her. Its sad to know that we have a clue to where they put her body but we cant get to it. It breaks my heart to see my father living with the fact he was the last one to see her alive in the family. Yesterday she would have been 78 years old. She would have seen her boys have kids and watch her grand kids have great grands. None of us grandkids or our children will have the chance to know her. But i will not give up on the search for my Grandmother. I want that closure for my Father, my Uncle, my great-aunt, and my entire family. i hope more people read this and help us with our search to getting the closure and finally getting her a proper burial/memorial.

13. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

So I'm really wondering who the informant might be
    who served time with Ace Bannings Son, Linda I there a way to find out if he WAS in with Floyd? because this is the same time frame that the FBI got Floyd to give up the info on Suzanne's Mother? and another interesting thing the Franklin County property is not too far (I'm from that area) From Springdale where Rebecca Barr was (in one of the threads on Suzanne)

14. Linda9681

Linda9681 New Member

I don't know how we could find out other than asking Floyd! Ace died in prison and Shirley is missing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk