Ok so now it is 2019...anyone have an update on Darlie?

I know they were doing appeals though, right? Or did the appeals end and she isn't going to get a re-trial?

Either way, imagine being on death row for 23 years...
Good question Zion. Both of her formal appeals were denied years ago. Her team continues to be allowed to test things ad infinitum but it never reveals anything new.

I am only amazed that Darlie can keep up the facade of innocence for this long. If she does turn out to be innocent in the end, I will be amazed, but I highly doubt it. We'll just have to keep waiting for a resolution to this case...
sabmff
umm isn't Darlie sitting on death row for murdering her children?
That is resolution in my book.

Good question Zion. Both of her formal appeals were denied years ago. Her team continues to be allowed to test things ad infinitum but it never reveals anything new

I guess nothing much is going to change then.

umm isn't Darlie sitting on death row for murdering her children?
That is resolution in my book.

I suppose it is a resolution, though for some reason her still not actually being dead makes a lack of a resolution. I still can't wrap my head around how long they stay on death row for. It's been 23 years since Darlie killed them. How long does the average death row prisoner stay on death row for?

I know they were doing appeals though, right? Or did the appeals end and she isn't going to get a re-trial?

Either way, imagine being on death row for 23 years...
She's in her final appeal now. There is a hearing scheduled before a trial judge to bring the remaining DNA test results and the results of the partial, bloody print through AFIS. The hearing has been postponed because of Covid and no date has yet been set in 2021.

She's not getting a re trial, there is no legal reason whatsoever for a new trial. She's had more post conviction DNA testing of evidence than any DR inmate in Texas to date and she cannot put an unknown male committing murder in her home that night. Even the bloody partial print contains no male DNA. It couldn't be identified for trial and it can't be identified now.

She's on DR because that is the punishment given to her by a jury. She's on DR because she brutally murdered two of her three sons, she shows no remorse and continues to claim she is innocent.

I guess nothing much is going to change then.

I suppose it is a resolution, though for some reason her still not actually being dead makes a lack of a resolution. I still can't wrap my head around how long they stay on death row for. It's been 23 years since Darlie killed them. How long does the average death row prisoner stay on death row for?
Darlie's case is different Zion. Most people don't sit on DR that long but her direct appeal was held up due to the transcript errors and her appeal on DNA languished in the state courts for years so that's why she's been on DR for so long.

If there was 1 speck of evidence clearing her or putting an even small possibility someone else was the Darlie Key would be screaming it from the roof tops and doing the media tour but all we hear is silence.

Another article this time from the UK, full of misrepresentations and outright lies. Darlie is very good at manipulating people especially the media. What surprises me is an interview with Darlie when there is a British National, Linda Carty, just down the hallway and who should be getting a death date soon as all her appeals are exhausted.

I'm starting to wonder if Darlie has stuck by and tried to sell her lies for so long that she believes them? I've known liars who truly seemed to believe their lies and defend them the more they told them even when I knew for certain that they were lying. Amazing but I've witnessed that myself with at least three people even when confronted with the lie.

Another article this time from the UK, full of misrepresentations and outright lies. Darlie is very good at manipulating people especially the media. What surprises me is an interview with Darlie when there is a British National, Linda Carty, just down the hallway and who should be getting a death date soon as all her appeals are exhausted.

Susanna Reid isnt the best journalist to be fair!

I'm starting to wonder if Darlie has stuck by and tried to sell her lies for so long that she believes them? I've known liars who truly seemed to believe their lies and defend them the more they told them even when I knew for certain that they were lying. Amazing but I've witnessed that myself with at least three people even when confronted with the lie.
I honestly think she did this for attention. We hear her story and everything she speaks about is something that focuses on her. Never has she stated that "let's find the real killer". I know if it were me I would be doing everything that I could to identify the killer. She's stuck on poor pitiful Darlie. I didn't think she was innocent back then and still she is guilty.

She can't admit that she did it. If she admits that she lied, then all the legal activity would stop and she would be processed straight to an execution. The only way out of that would be a clemency/pardon process I'm guessing and that seems unlikely.

Ironically if she had admitted it to start with, maybe claimed post partum psychosis, she would probably be out by now.

For the record I'm an Aussie. The death penalty is barbaric. She can rot in gaol though.

She can't admit that she did it. If she admits that she lied, then all the legal activity would stop and she would be processed straight to an execution. The only way out of that would be a clemency/pardon process I'm guessing and that seems unlikely.

Ironically if she had admitted it to start with, maybe claimed post partum psychosis, she would probably be out by now.

For the record I'm an Aussie. The death penalty is barbaric. She can rot in gaol though.

At the time of her trial there was parole eligibility that's why the jury gave her the DP. Yes if she had admitted what she did and showed some remorse she'd be out by now.

Why are all these biased, un-researched interviews all the same? They always start right out with that ridiculous lie that Darlie was a restless sleeper and the baby kept her awake so she tried for some much-needed rest on the downstairs sofa. Then she didn't awake while the boys were stabbed and she was slashed and beaten (leaving giant bruises) - but only awoke when her (dying and unable to move) son stood up and tapped her on the shoulder. Do these "journalists" even read what they write? It's all just about mommy and innocence and how the silly string unfairly convicted her. With the same stock photos over and over.

In my opinion, these so called journalists are simply story tellers. This one simply regurgitated Darlie's much told one. True journalists are few and far between these days.

Well to be fair, it is a much better story if a pretty white girl is on death row because a nasty man broke in during the night, killed her babies and left her for dead, and nobody believes her.

Because the sad but boring truth is that a brainless narcissist used a knife from her own kitchen to (badly) stage a break-in, killed her own children and self-inflicted her own wounds. That just doesn't entice the viewers in quite the same way.

Why let the truth get in the way of viewing figures?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back