OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

Just finished reading. My thought was disproved 2 seconds after I started. Are UID's still on the table? If so then who has he been compared to in this thread? I did see a few but I just want to compile them all to give a better search. This is all if UID's are still on the table. Also, what is the last date he was proven to be alive in? I know it has to be later that '76 as I saw dates in the 80s quite often in this thread.
He was discharged from the service in February 1984. I assume that he was alive when he was discharged. I do know on his Namus there is no exclusion as of yet. I'm more leaning to him being deceased.

He was discharged from the service in February 1984. I assume that he was alive when he was discharged. I do know on his Namus there is no exclusion as of yet. I'm more leaning to him being deceased.
Ill be on the lookout for any UID's that match his description. I believe if he were to be dead it would probably be in the late 80s or 90s. There's so many options. It will take me a while to sift through it. Will respond back with any good finds. Wait. I saw some confusion on his eye color in the thread. Did he have blue or brown eyes?

@Snoangel26 , do you have your Dad's service record now, or just the dates??? :D

Best, Laughing

jmho ymmv rr

@Snoangel26 , do you have your Dad's service record now, or just the dates??? :D

Best, Laughing

jmho ymmv rr
Just the dates the detective gave me. Last I spoke with her she was still waiting on his record. She found out that he served June 1975 til February 1984, when he was discharged. We are hoping the records will give us more

Ill be on the lookout for any UID's that match his description. I believe if he were to be dead it would probably be in the late 80s or 90s. There's so many options. It will take me a while to sift through it. Will respond back with any good finds. Wait. I saw some confusion on his eye color in the thread. Did he have blue or brown eyes?
I'm guessing blue eyes. With light brown hair

Just the dates the detective gave me. Last I spoke with her she was still waiting on his record. She found out that he served June 1975 til February 1984, when he was discharged. We are hoping the records will give us more

You will at least know where he was stationed, and a bit more about his job training & his medical history.

There may be a next-of-kin listed that you can contact?

I just can’t wrap my head around his own family not really caring about where he’s been? And his siblings? That’s very odd as well. My kids are super close and if one went missing I know they’d be all over it. The whole situation is bizarre. And I also wonder if he’d purposely leave you behind? I mean, I know he was young but it just doesn’t add up. I’d be fuming mad at my mom if she didn’t answer my questions regarding my bio dad. Im sorry that everyone keeps blowing you off. All the aunt has to do is take pics with her phone and text them to you. Doesn’t she want to know where her brother is? Or what happened to him? Ugh

I just can’t wrap my head around his own family not really caring about where he’s been? And his siblings? That’s very odd as well. My kids are super close and if one went missing I know they’d be all over it. The whole situation is bizarre. And I also wonder if he’d purposely leave you behind? I mean, I know he was young but it just doesn’t add up. I’d be fuming mad at my mom if she didn’t answer my questions regarding my bio dad. Im sorry that everyone keeps blowing you off. All the aunt has to do is take pics with her phone and text them to you. Doesn’t she want to know where her brother is? Or what happened to him? Ugh
I honestly believe my aunt doesn't care either way. When I found her 2 years ago and contacted her she was short and cold. She still short and cold whenever I message her. I always know where my siblings are. I know when I was younger my mother had a mental breakdown, so I won't push her on it. I honestly have no clue what he felt when I was born.

I did find this John Doe from Jacksonville, FL. I get that the distance is far but if he didn't want to be found then he would travel far. Click on the images to view their NamUs profiles.

I normally create a table for these matches but as Steven's is a special case I will not be. The age is off but as the Doe was hit by a car in 1994 he's bound to be older. The estimated age range isn't far off with the age Steven would be in 1994. I think he'd be about 37 at the time and the oldest he could be was 35 which isn't far off. The eyes are the same with both being thin. I'm not confident in this match as this is an estimation on an estimation. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did find this John Doe from Jacksonville, FL. I get that the distance is far but if he didn't want to be found then he would travel far. Click on the images to view their NamUs profiles.

I normally create a table for these matches but as Steven's is a special case I will not be. The age is off but as the Doe was hit by a car in 1994 he's bound to be older. The estimated age range isn't far off with the age Steven would be in 1994. I think he'd be about 37 at the time and the oldest he could be was 35 which isn't far off. The eyes are the same with both being thin. I'm not confident in this match as this is an estimation on an estimation. Let me know what you think!
I agree with you about the eyes. Other than that I don't think so. But I also don't discount anything. One never knows what another person goes thru. Plus I only have pictures of Stephen. And was told when I was younger that I resembled him

I agree with you about the eyes. Other than that I don't think so. But I also don't discount anything. One never knows what another person goes thru. Plus I only have pictures of Stephen. And was told when I was younger that I resembled him
Yeah. I think that this case will be hard to crack without genetic genealogy as everything with Steven is estimated as he has been proven to be alive in 1984. Who knows, maybe he is still alive!

I honestly believe my aunt doesn't care either way. When I found her 2 years ago and contacted her she was short and cold. She still short and cold whenever I message her. I always know where my siblings are. I know when I was younger my mother had a mental breakdown, so I won't push her on it. I honestly have no clue what he felt when I was born.
Really strange. How could she just not care? I hope you find some information soon.

That’s what I don’t get. WTH did he do that these people would treat YOU this way? You simply want to know. You mean no harm! What are they so afraid of? I’d just point blank ask them!
I have asked. I even told them I don't want anything from them. I just want to know what happened to my father. And get to know them if they were willing. My one uncle talks to me when I call him.

I have asked. I even told them I don't want anything from them. I just want to know what happened to my father. And get to know them if they were willing. My one uncle talks to me when I call him.
There's only one question I have. Why would your family even disregard him in the first place? If I'm being honest, I feel like they know more than they let on. Why would they lie about their family going missing? There's no reason not to unless they know something that nobody else does.

There's only one question I have. Why would your family even disregard him in the first place? If I'm being honest, I feel like they know more than they let on. Why would they lie about their family going missing? There's no reason not to unless they know something that nobody else does.
Yes excatly. Especially his mother. The way my aunt acts, their mother was supposedly loving and caring. But her oldest child vanishes and she doesn't bat an eye. In my opinion that doesn't sit well. I think she ignored my attempts for contact because she didn't want to tell me anything. And having pictures of him she needed to have a story to tell the other kids. 2 of the kids grew up with him til he vanished. And the other 2 only heard his name. My aunt is the same age as I am.

Yeah. I think that this case will be hard to crack without genetic genealogy as everything with Steven is estimated as he has been proven to be alive in 1984. Who knows, maybe he is still alive!
I have done dna tests. I'm not 100% positive if the military will discharge someone if they aren't around. As in if they are Gone for extended time would they automatically discharge them?

I have done dna tests. I'm not 100% positive if the military will discharge someone if they aren't around. As in if they are Gone for extended time would they automatically discharge them?
bbm

@Boxer iirc you are/were military? The subject of this thread disappeared in the early/mid 80's, some family members told the OP that he went AWOL?

Would he have been discharged, or still AWOL/AW?

Thanks, Laughing

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500