Christopher Clements indicted for Isabel Celis & Maribel Gonzales homicides
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION

GUILTY OK - Teen accused of raping Kenyan orphans during mission trip

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Jewels53, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

I am almost sorry for bringing this story to WS. I just think it needs to be heard how sick some people are even the youth of today. imo

2. nomoresorrow

nomoresorrow New Member

Another POS. May he die in prison after being unmercifully tortured by his fellow "roommates."

3. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Oh... that is truly horrifying. I'm having such a visceral reaction from reading that story. I'm sorry, just speechless right now...

4. BatWoman

BatWoman New Member

Just when i think I've heard the limits of human depravity, I'm proven wrong.

5. amymarie

amymarie Member

"At least one of the victims is HIV positive"...

Serves him right if he gets it.

6. AnaTeresa

AnaTeresa Well-Known Member

There is a special place in hell for people like this.

7. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

8. Lovejac

Matthew Durham

Attached Files:

9. Meryl12

Meryl12 Member

He grew up to be a horrible person by the age of just 19.
    I am glad he was caught by the age of 19, can you just imagine the crimes (rape etc. etc) he could commit, and how long his offending spree could go on for!!
    He is depraved in my opinion. What a monster!! :cat:

10. al66pine

al66pine New Member

Per complaint, federal crimes, ~ April 30 to ~June 17, 2014 =
    -- 18 USC sec. 2423(b),traveling in foreign commerce for purpose of engaging in sexual conduct w person less than 16 y/o.
    and sec's (c) and (e), variations of same.
    -- 18 USC sec 2241(c), crossing state line w intent to engage in a sexual act of a person under 12 y/o, and knowingly committing that act.

Not sure how to directly link scribd pdf of July 18, 2014 full criminal complaint filed in US Dist. Ct in OK,
    but you can link here, scroll down to end of Fact #1 and read complaint embedded there.
    http://heavy.com/news/2014/07/matthew-durham-kenya-aid-worker-orphans/
    Page 7, section 15 details are graphic.

Per above link, Durham's atty told The Oklahoman, his client was
    "the victim of some sort of pseudo-tribal psychological voodoo practiced on him."
    ------------------------------Voodoo-------------------------------------- he said?

11. Lovejac

Thank you for finding the complaint, alpine66. I'm almost too scared to read it, but I will.

What the what??!! About the voodoo??!!

12. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

But not if he spread it to other children. Never should anyone be alone with the children. There should always be two or three and even better, cameras. This is heartbreaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

He needs to be locked up. He is a serious pedophile rapist and may also be capable of spreading HIV in addition.

14. nightwatch

nightwatch Active Member

I think he should be charged in Kenya. I would donate to a fund to buy him a ticket, see how long he would last in a Kenyan jail. Going to Kenya pretending to give the kids hope instead giving them hell. Hopefully LE will investigate to see if he molested any children in his neighborhood or church. Jmo

ciao

15. al66pine

al66pine New Member

Yes, voodoo.
    His atty represented Timothy McVeigh in the 1995 OKCity federal bldg bombing.

Courtesy of wiki:
    Stephen Jones, (born July 1, 1940), is an attorney and Republican activist from Enid, Oklahoma. He is best known for serving as Timothy McVeigh's lead defense lawyer during McVeigh's trial on 11 counts regarding his actions in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

16. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I agree. Send him to Kenya to serve his prison time. I am sure the locals will appreciate it and welcome him, enthusiastically.

17. nomoresorrow

nomoresorrow New Member

Does anyone happen to know what kind of sentence he's looking at in terms of time? I ask because my biggest fear is that he'll get out and, as we all know too well, continue... TIA

18. Mystymiss

Mystymiss New Member

I'll donate too for that plane ticket. Count me in.....

19. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

We all know if he ever got out of jail, registering as a sex offender would not be good enough. MD needs a lifetime sentence, or like the rest of you said sent back to Kenya.

It make me very ill about what he has done, those little innocent children already homeless and struggling. Do you think someone turned a blind eye at this home? Did someone know what was going on besides these small children? I am just curious why it took so long to catch MD?

20. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz New Member

Thank God he was caught when he was. It seems he could have gone through life with no one suspecting him. A great humanitarian, giving up his time to help the less fortunate. I think once he was allowed to stay overnight he became insatiable sexually. He hadprobably been grooming them on his other visits.
    What about the woman who was the founder of this organisation. It sounded like she was doing great things for these kids and all blown away because of a sicko. I hope he gets a long gaol sentence and hope he has not infected other kids with aids. It looks like sex with kids was more important to him than his health. He deserves everything that is coming to him. If he gets AIDS then he deserved it. JMOO